Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #2821
skammer is on a distinguished road
skammer's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic:

Currently in a debate with someone over pointing weapons at police. Could use some support.

http://forums.bareasschoppers.com/vi...p=11485#p11485
Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #2822
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by skammer View Post
Off topic:

Currently in a debate with someone over pointing weapons at police. Could use some support.

http://forums.bareasschoppers.com/vi...p=11485#p11485
Requires a logon....and WTF is there to debate?? Point a weapon at a cop and you are likely to get shot at...
Old 07-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #2823
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Exactly what I was thinking. Point a weapon at anyone for no reason and your gonna get shot (if they have a gun and can draw it before you shoot of course)
Old 07-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #2824
skammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Requires a logon....and WTF is there to debate?? Point a weapon at a cop and you are likely to get shot at...
Yeah, sorry about the logon. Don't worry about it. Freaking maniac claimed to have a draw down with locals because he has a permit. Not much debate at all. He may be "slow".
Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #2825
skammer's Tacoma Gallery
Here is his rant:

When I was married, I had to be the local neighborhood watch (none of them would call the cops), I had to to be the fight breaker, thug arrester, cop caller, intruder capture r, drug buster, child protector and first aid for all of the local kids. I had more guns and knives pulled pulled on me than most cops. Half the time is was the cops pulling guns on me and I pulled back on them. then they want me to throw my gun down and I refused. Told them to throw their gun down, I bought mine and I have a permit. Then I would be sure to let them know they were on my block. So, if anyone was throwing down a gun, it was them. The Lieutenant realized he was not going to win so, he sat down to talk. I explained I was working with the cops, I had more right than the cops to carry and I was not giving up those rights. It also helped I had already won a $125,000 law suit against the city and took a cops badge for the same type of deal.

So, yes, I have lived in both sides of the fence. I just do not back down. They can try to fight me but, they will never beat me. lol I even called the cops on myself one night when I beat the hell out of a neighbor who was beating his lady. Cops were going to kick his door in and arrest him if I had hurt my wrist beating the hell out of him. lol If they had told me why they wanted to know if my wrist hurt, I would have played it up. The guy invited me in to fight, I just obliged. I don't do well with woman beaters. Not good on child abuser either. I believe in disciplining your children and spankings but, not actual abuse. It is a clear line between corporal punishment and abuse.

The neighbors would come to me if there was a problem because they knew I could make it end. They also knew the police would run background on anyone calling and they also knew everyone would shun them for calling the cops (because they all had something to hide). The cops in Everett WA really just liked to trample on the rights of the population. I did not put up with their BS and even helped them. they just needed to understand, I owned my house and I was defending it because I lived there and had a vested interest. When I left Everett, I left it as "one of the best neighborhoods in Everett". Because I was Pro active and knew everything as well as everyone in that area. I did not mind the pot smokers and the drinkers as long as there was no abuse.

I have owned 4 houses and that was my favorite one. 5 bedrooms (only 4 of us) 2,400 sq ft. with a 2,000 sq ft shop. It had a Mother-N-law apartment on one side and a wood shop on the other. I built a 3 story tree fort for my kids and had 2 city lots to mess around in. It also had a 6 ft fence around the whole place. Before I sold it, i built a new deck, painted everything (inside and out) and stuck new gutters on it. I think I will miss that place for a long time.

Fun guy huh? Feel free to jump in.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #2826
skammer's Tacoma Gallery
My very polite reply to him:

Wow. If, what you are saying is true, you are very lucky to be alive. While I understand standing up for your neighborhood, and I support carrying a gun in the process, if someone pulled a gun on me (cop), there would be no sit down discussion. The second I see you holding, and you're not complying with my loud and clear verbal orders to drop the weapon, I'm dropping you.

Despite what people like to think, "cops" don't have an agenda. We don't care about political stuff. We are protecting laws that YOUR elected officials made. Many times, we don't like those laws! Imagine that! We are humans, who have our own opinions! Therefore, by standing up against me, you are not standing up against the "system". If you killed me, you would only deprive a family of their son. You would not be making a %@*# statement against the government. Trust me, the government would not notice. And I have carried dozens of fallen Officers to their graves.

I have two goals with my job. #1 Protect the public who pays me
#2 Go home alive, so that I can return the next day to 'protect the public that pays me'.

Example: I respond to a man with a gun call (that would be you, Pman) and see you standing in the street with a gun. And not only do you not drop the gun, but you point it at me? Good luck. I'm going home that day. Forget your idea of what your rights are. My right to live checkmates your right to carry a weapon.

Congrats on the lawsuit, by the way. If that's real, I would love to read about it. Possibly you might be able to provide a link, because that is certainly newsworthy information. Perhaps you would like to donate some of that money towards training new Officers about constitutional law to prevent any further incident. Or maybe to the Officer's Widow fund. Somehow I doubt it.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #2827
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skammer View Post
My very polite reply to him:
He is full of shit.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #2828
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
LEO BS Thread

His story sounds more made up then my daughters Disney books. He's so full of crap. I can almost bet 1/2 is that isn't true...lol @ put the gun down first I have a permit....he would be shot dead if that happened. Point a gun at a cop and you're dead.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #2829
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
His story sounds more made up then my daughters Disney books. He's so full of crap. I can almost bet 1/2 is that isn't true...lol @ put the gun down first I have a permit....he would be shot dead if that happened. Point a gun at a cop and you're dead.
well said.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #2830
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Custom switches just ordered for the truck

The 6th switch will eventually be "takedown lights" which will turn on my 40" double row on the roof when I get it. Switches will be flush mounted in the sunglasses holder (see pic of other members switches on bottom)

-Code 1 controls rear directional bar
-Code 2 controls grill and deck lighting
-Code 3 controls wig-wags
-Left Spot for the 2x2 led pod on driver side hood hinge bracket
-Right Spot led pod on passenger side.

They switches will be blue on the bottom text to match my dash lighting and when the switch is turned on the top half with image will be red

Gonna look sweet!

LEO BS Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1372899332607.jpg

The switches will be mounted like this but they will be a different style switch. The contura laser etched from otrattw.

LEO BS Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1372899434186.jpg
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #2831
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Custom switches just ordered for the truck

The 6th switch will eventually be "takedown lights" which will turn on my 40" double row on the roof when I get it. Switches will be flush mounted in the sunglasses holder (see pic of other members switches on bottom)

-Code 1 controls rear directional bar
-Code 2 controls grill and deck lighting
-Code 3 controls wig-wags
-Left Spot for the 2x2 led pod on driver side hood hinge bracket
-Right Spot led pod on passenger side.

They switches will be blue on the bottom text to match my dash lighting and when the switch is turned on the top half with image will be red

Gonna look sweet!

Attachment 221356

The switches will be mounted like this but they will be a different style switch. The contura laser etched from otrattw.

Attachment 221357

Have you considered using a spdt switch for the on-off-on for the spots/alley lights?

It would mean you can only have them on one at a time, but it does give you an open switch space, which I would use for a master... That would give you a fail safe to not leave lights on, or have a buddy turn on something while you're driving off duty.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #2832
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
Have you considered using a spdt switch for the on-off-on for the spots/alley lights?

It would mean you can only have them on one at a time, but it does give you an open switch space, which I would use for a master... That would give you a fail safe to not leave lights on, or have a buddy turn on something while you're driving off duty.
That's a good point. I was considering a master switch but not to kill power, rather to quickly turn on ALL switches with just the one. But I like your idea.

I have a blank spot in the lower console between my 2 power sockets by the aux input. Maybe I can put a master there? That way its also kinda tucked away from passengers.

The switches are already being made so I can't change them now, but a master switch may definitely be in the works. Another option was a battery saver type device instead of a switch. Common on many cruisers. It'll kill all the switches if battery voltage drops too low. That will save me a switch and a bunch of extra wiring too. I'm REALLY good about making sure everything is turned off. And since they have red led indicators it'll be hard to miss, but a fail safe can never hurt.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #2833
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
I LOL'ed at that ending! Good boy!
I'll be damned! Now THAT is adorable!!! Haha, bless its heart!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #2834
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
setup looks like it'll work well, Anthony.
Don't mean to stir up stuff but what do you think of this?
mainly the first post on the first page and the 1st post on the 2nd page.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #2835
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
setup looks like it'll work well, Anthony.
Don't mean to stir up stuff but what do you think of this?
mainly the first post on the first page and the 1st post on the 2nd page.
Thanks!

As for your question, I don't really want to get involved in that conversation for many reasons. I'll say though that I am very pro 2nd amendment, things were just fine the way they were before Obama went on his rampage, and California needs to fall off into the ocean...
Old 07-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #2836
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's a good point. I was considering a master switch but not to kill power, rather to quickly turn on ALL switches with just the one. But I like your idea.

I have a blank spot in the lower console between my 2 power sockets by the aux input. Maybe I can put a master there? That way its also kinda tucked away from passengers.

The switches are already being made so I can't change them now, but a master switch may definitely be in the works. Another option was a battery saver type device instead of a switch. Common on many cruisers. It'll kill all the switches if battery voltage drops too low. That will save me a switch and a bunch of extra wiring too. I'm REALLY good about making sure everything is turned off. And since they have red led indicators it'll be hard to miss, but a fail safe can never hurt.

One option that might work is a master switch, with constant source power, that's spdt, on-off-(on). On in parenthesis (on) is the designation for a momentary position on carling switches, you could have the on position's load be the main source power to all the other switches, and then, on each of the individual switches, you use diodes and tap the load of the master momentary (on) position directly to the load wires of all the other switches.

On position would mean each individual switch would need to be on, momentary (on) would bypass all the switches and power all relays at once.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #2837
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
One option that might work is a master switch, with constant source power, that's spdt, on-off-(on). On in parenthesis (on) is the designation for a momentary position on carling switches, you could have the on position's load be the main source power to all the other switches, and then, on each of the individual switches, you use diodes and tap the load of the master momentary (on) position directly to the load wires of all the other switches.

On position would mean each individual switch would need to be on, momentary (on) would bypass all the switches and power all relays at once.
This is genius! So the momentary would be like a quick code 3 for something like clearing an intersection or something. Then I have the option to Off everything or use individually as originally planned. I Like! Now I need to find a on-off-(on). I'll call otrattw and see what they have.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #2838
New guy

Quote:
This is genius! So the momentary would be like a quick code 3 for something like clearing an intersection or something. Then I have the option to Off everything or use individually as originally planned. I Like! Now I need to find a on-off-(on). I'll call otrattw and see what they have.
If they don't have one, they can order it for sure. The carling switches are endlessly customizable. Hundreds of possible configurations.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #2839
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
If they don't have one, they can order it for sure. The carling switches are endlessly customizable. Hundreds of possible configurations.
Very good to know!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #2840
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
I've been selected to be a school officer this Fall. This is a very competitive position because we don't have a lot of advancement or movement at my department. I am excited because I will be on my feet instead of sitting down all day, and I will have a lot of positive interaction with kids, parents, faculty, and citizens at school and special events instead of the usual traffic stops and calls.
Wish me luck... I will be surrounded by thousands of children.