Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #3341
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Damn. I can't even use Task Manager on my MDT.
Lol, I re-read my post, I should clarify. There is one disc and one laptop, not accessible to anyone but the guy who maintains the fleet, and HE can change anything on the lightbar/siren controller by hooking them both up.

The rest of us just live with his decisions, usually they pretty good.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #3342
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have access to Google, but no way to go from there except to agency sites. Our CAD has GPS mapping integrated, so no need to worry about that (cuz it usually doesn't work).
I'm one of the test pilots for the eventual rollout of MDT's for my whole department. Because most of our patrol areas are unmapped, I get to map everything out for the new CAD system in my area. For the most part, my truck now has a better computer and faster internet connection than my office does. The downside is that because it is still in testing, I can't run plates/ID's from the computer. It's great as a mobile office, though.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #3343
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
They can have a dimmer switch installed. They dim the lights to about 50%. I don't find it to be necessary, and I think they've sort of evolved out of use - at least in my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Fixed ;-)
We had one shop that always programmed a dimmer switch. We switched to a shop that didn't and no one missed them.

Basically, I think it's not a big enough deal to need fixing. I have no recollection of a crash EVER being caused the brightness of the lights. Rubber-necking, inattention, drunk? Yeah. Bright lights? No.
It's weird that you keep agreeing with me on the back end, but disagreeing on the front. All I'm trying to say is that the guy who said most cars have dimmers, and that they should be used, isn't the case. You agree that even your department stopped using them and that they aren't necessary, but you choose to disagree with every post I make? What's the point here?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #3344
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
Just curious. Why are the LED light bars on top of the squad cars so damn bright? They blind me, and most of the people I know I don't see how this improves safety. Maybe the numbers are telling a different story.
Thanks for your time and service.
I want my lights to be bright as they can be. When I'm driving code 3, about 10% of drivers in front of me don't move over. Maybe their stereo is too loud and they don't hear the siren, but I want them to see my lights.

Secondly, after I have a car pulled over, I direct my "take down" light into their side view mirror to mask my approach to the vehicle.

Bright lights are all about officer safety.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #3345
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbyu2 View Post
I want my lights to be bright as they can be. When I'm driving code 3, about 10% of drivers in front of me don't move over. Maybe their stereo is too loud and they don't hear the siren, but I want them to see my lights.

Secondly, after I have a car pulled over, I direct my "take down" light into their side view mirror to mask my approach to the vehicle.

Bright lights are all about officer safety.
x2
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #3346
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have a dimmer but it doesn't help. The only bitch I have about the bright lights is being in K9 we often follow each other to calls and hold lights for each other. The officers behind me have complained about not being able to see my brake lights and almost running into the back of my car..
Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #3347
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I was one of the first officers in my area to have an led bar...no one would follow me
Old 09-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #3348
Redeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedeemed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Redeemed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
It's weird that you keep agreeing with me on the back end, but disagreeing on the front. All I'm trying to say is that the guy who said most cars have dimmers, and that they should be used, isn't the case. You agree that even your department stopped using them and that they aren't necessary, but you choose to disagree with every post I make? What's the point here?
Only that dimmer switches are unnecessary. I didn't realize I had quoted you twice. The second time I was poking fun at the fact that you seemed to be saying that b/c you've driven cars without them they're virtually non-existent.

I think they were more prevalent on cars with strobes, because the difference between halogen and strobes was quite distinct. I think every car we had with strobes had a dimmer. By the time LEDs came along it was a non-issue.

My only other point is that I think we (I) have discussed dimmer switches to death.

Cool?
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #3351
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Looks like a new super small concealable handcuff key is coming on the market.
I'm guessing anyone who used that is likely gonna have a worse day
Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #3352
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Mr. Brown;7494519]Looks like a new super small concealable handcuff key is coming on the market.

http://www.gunsandtactics.com/newspo...ite[/QUOTE]

Here's another one that could be problematic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321080107701...84.m1423.l2649

174 Days
5 Hours
55 Minutes til EOW
Old 09-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #3353
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I'm guessing anyone who used that is likely gonna have a worse day
We will just take EVERYONE'S clothes before they get in our patrol car.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #3354
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I have a mini key built into one of those paracord bracelets

The mini keys will not unlock my hiatts cuffs for some reason and I HAVE to use an extended key...those are my go to cuffs
Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #3355
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We will just take EVERYONE'S clothes before they get in our patrol car.

lol!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #3356
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
My wife used to work at a military/law enforcement/fire oriented charter school. On one of the fun days, the students "arrested" some of the teachers. I had given her a hidden cuff key for emergency use a while before and she used it to free herself and the rest of the teachers who then armed themselves with squirt guns and retaliated. It was actually pretty good officer safety training for the kids.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #3358
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful, guys. Some of the gang bangers down our way are carrying handcuff keys secreted on their person or under the back of their belts. Make sure you check for them.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #3359
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
So with the Govt shut down, are any of you effected?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #3360

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
So with the Govt shut down, are any of you effected?
News implied that if the shutdown happened, LE would be unaffected but that the courts would function for 10 days using 'fees' and whatever. Beyond that, only trials that were underway would continue-everyone works for free during this time.