Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM   #3841
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post

Sammich break is over. Back to work
Old 02-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #3842
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
Sammich break is over. Back to work
Yup! Paperwork!!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #3843
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post
Need to vent…

So, why do cops get bitter? Its not always the big stuff we deal with as much as the little BS cases. It was a slow day today, so I headed down to the reservoir where some idiot is usually doing something stupid. Right on cue, I see a truck that has driven around a locked gate, over a 10” curb in order to park right next to the water. So, I call in my location and walk down to the truck to have a word with the driver.

I’m expecting to have a quick conversation and give a warning…WRONG! The obnoxious bitch who admits to driving the truck down there gets an attitude immediately.

Her: “Why isn’t there a sign?”
Me: “You drove around a locked gate over a 10” curb to get down here. There really doesn’t need to be a sign for you to understand that’s illegal.”
Her: “Well, my whole family is in law enforcement. I just wanted to show my kids where I used to hang out when I was young. I have a truck! I drive over stuff all the time!”
Me: “You’re arguing like someone who got a ticket. I’m just trying to give you a warning here, but I could change my mind.”
Her: (pulls out phone and starts filming) “I’m recording this for my protection! Who’s in charge of putting signs up here?”
Me: “Well, its certainly not me. Let me give you the name of the person who’s in charge of the reservoir, and you can contact him if you think there needs to be a sign up to tell you that its illegal to drive over a huge curb around a locked gate.”

I just let her leave at that point. I should have written her a ticket, but I didn’t actually see her drive down there. How damned hard does it have to be to give someone a warning instead of a ticket? This is why cops just write people freaking tickets. It’s the few a-holes that ruin it for everyone else. The folks that make an honest mistake suffer because of the occasional arrogant jerk who can’t take a warning without giving an officer an earful of s*&t. Rant over!
The 2 or 3 written complaints I've had against me have been from contacts where I let the person off with a warning...and they were completely code 4, non-verbally combative when I left. I have NEVER gotten a complaint from someone I cited or arrested.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #3844
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
The 2 or 3 written complaints I've had against me have been from contacts where I let the person off with a warning...and they were completely code 4, non-verbally combative when I left. I have NEVER gotten a complaint from someone I cited or arrested.
x2 on that..my biggest complainers have been people i gave a verbal warning. I get a ton of complaints from family members of peeps that i actually arrest but never the arrestee..
Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #3845
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is so true. Ppl feel almost "justified" in making a complaint once they've just been given a warning and released.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #3846
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
This is so true. Ppl feel almost "justified" in making a complaint once they've just been given a warning and released.
Ya hit the nail on the head there sir. Kinda funny when I used to, and even now, get warnings from the police I feel soooooooo lucky. Not justified, but lucky. I usually go play the lottery that day. still have not won yet
Old 02-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #3847
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I still have yet to receive a "formal" complaint...7 years and counting
Old 02-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #3848
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell is wrong with people? If I get busted doing something illegal(speeding is all I've ever been busted for), I should get a ticket, if I happen to get a warning I am happy and thankful.
What usually happens with complaints?
Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #3849

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Holy crap dude
Old 02-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #3850
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
What the hell is wrong with people? If I get busted doing something illegal(speeding is all I've ever been busted for), I should get a ticket, if I happen to get a warning I am happy and thankful.
What usually happens with complaints?
This. Only ever been stopped once got a ticket, and actually mentioned it in here just to make sure I understood the rules. Very happy I got only a speed warning and a non moving violation.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #3851
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The one ticket I got I was happy he wrote it up for 80 in a 70, not the 91 he got me for. I thanked him for that. I got a warning for 55 in a 45, 83 in a 75, and the biggest, brace yourselves... 121 in a 55... I heard later he wasn't qualified to run radar, so he technically couldnt bust me for it, but I doubt that. I was very thankful I didnt go to jail.
I was 20, had a ridiculously fast car, and was waayyyyy too stupid.
My friends and I got pulled over 5 times that night. No tickets.
Small town shenanigans.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #3852
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My old chief used to say to me if I didn't get a complaint against me, he would think I wasn't doing my job. My newer chief gets tired of seeing me in his office
Old 02-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #3853
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
The one ticket I got I was happy he wrote it up for 80 in a 70, not the 91 he got me for. I thanked him for that. I got a warning for 55 in a 45, 83 in a 75, and the biggest, brace yourselves... 121 in a 55... I heard later he wasn't qualified to run radar, so he technically couldnt bust me for it, but I doubt that. I was very thankful I didnt go to jail.
I was 20, had a ridiculously fast car, and was waayyyyy too stupid.
My friends and I got pulled over 5 times that night. No tickets.
Small town shenanigans.
HOLY SHEET! Mine would have been an 80 in a 65.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #3854
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Holy crap dude
Right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
My old chief used to say to me if I didn't get a complaint against me, he would think I wasn't doing my job. My newer chief gets tired of seeing me in his office
yeah I've been told that before too, and I'm certainly not scared of getting one...but I treat everyone with respect. I've been called in for others complaints bc I was on scene but that's it. I've also apparently made a habit of getting written up for something every year or so...the last one for "unprofessional conduct" related to a chase etc etc...in the end I was fine but video looked bad
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #3855
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Same thing, only coming up on two years though. And some people have gotten some serious talkings to.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #3856
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDeBonet View Post
Same thing, only coming up on two years though. And some people have gotten some serious talkings to.
This made me literally lol. My mother used to tell me when my dad got home, I was going to get a serious talking to. lol.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #3857
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

It's not serious until the CLEO of your dept pulls you into an office and yells at you and reminds you how he COULD fire you...and then personally signs your write up as opposed to the normal supervisor or IA signature
Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #3858
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
My job is made a little more difficult by people who don't understand who and what I am. People think I am walking into their campsite to give them a nature hike...and are quite surprised when I cite and/or arrest them. I've actually had a written complaint about me because I "didn't wave at them when I drove through the campground".
Old 02-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #3859
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
My job is made a little more difficult by people who don't understand who and what I am. People think I am walking into their campsite to give them a nature hike...and are quite surprised when I cite and/or arrest them. I've actually had a written complaint about me because I "didn't wave at them when I drove through the campground".
Are you F&G?