Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #4121
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
If you notice your shins and knees getting a bit sore, try going to Walmart and find that Dr. Scholl's machine where you do the hokey-pokey dance on the pressure pads and it tells you what orthotic insert you need in your shoes. I keep a set of these in my running, work, and regular shoes.
Cool thanks, I use the orange super feet for my work boots, and I've been pretty happy with the Mizuno shoes I have for running, but I'll keep it in mind.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #4122
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Push-ups/ 1 min, sit-ups/ 1 min, 1.5 mi run tiered for passing with 12:41 being max time allotted. Like I said, I'll pass but I want to be as prepared as possible.
Gotcha. ..I much prefer the different variations we use
Old 04-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #4124
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just rotated to morning shift after being on swings for years. Woke up at 4:30 unable to sleep and showed up an hour early. The chief gave me a look like "why are you here?" Its going to be a few months before I get my sleep pattern normal again. Then I'll go back to swings due to our fabulous new rotation schedule and be all screwed up again!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #4125
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post
Just rotated to morning shift after being on swings for years. Woke up at 4:30 unable to sleep and showed up an hour early. The chief gave me a look like "why are you here?" Its going to be a few months before I get my sleep pattern normal again. Then I'll go back to swings due to our fabulous new rotation schedule and be all screwed up again!
dude that sux i'm so glad we don't rotate!!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #4126
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
We have a permanent midnight shift and 2 rotating shifts.
Rotating does 2 weeks of 0600-1400 and 2 weeks of 1400-2200.
Its nice when we go from day shift to night shift because you get the few extra hours off. But on the flipside it sucks going from night shift to day shift. Get off at 2200, get home by 2300, fall asleep by midnight, then wake up at 0430 to start at 0600.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #4127
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Damn all you K-9 guys who have take home cruisers!!!! Just Saying.:{} to much crap for real work if called to it and training the poodle which is all that is left after that week of coat blowing!!!

LEO BS Thread-1397402386106.jpg
LEO BS Thread-1397402387190.jpg
LEO BS Thread-1397403452219.jpg
LEO BS Thread-1397404158410.jpg

Cypher
Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #4128
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
We have a permanent midnight shift and 2 rotating shifts.
Rotating does 2 weeks of 0600-1400 and 2 weeks of 1400-2200.
Its nice when we go from day shift to night shift because you get the few extra hours off. But on the flipside it sucks going from night shift to day shift. Get off at 2200, get home by 2300, fall asleep by midnight, then wake up at 0430 to start at 0600.
I have similar though every one regardless of days off switches every Monday. My days off are Fri and Sat ( Only took 13 years to get them). So Sun I am on one shift then Monday I am on the opposite shift 8-4 to 4-12 Is not bad but 4-12 Sun to 8-4 Mon Sucks!!

Cypher
Old 04-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #4129
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I'm actually getting used to it quicker than I expected. I was pissed about the rotation at first, but its not bad going back to mornings. The shifts go by so much faster and the calls are typically minor stuff. I still have it way better than I used to: My last department was on a 4 on/4 off schedule and we rotated shifts every week (4 mornings, 4 off, 4 graveyard, 4 off, 4 swings, 4 off, repeat). That got old fast!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #4130
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Damn all you K-9 guys who have take home cruisers!!!! Just Saying.:{} to much crap for real work if called to it and training the poodle which is all that is left after that week of coat blowing!!!

Attachment 267029
Attachment 267030
Attachment 267031
Attachment 267032

Cypher
hahaha...yeah we all have take homes. the whole dept. does. I clean my truck everyday. other wise it gets disgusting. I'm a freak about the cleanliness of my car always have been. I used to hate getting recruits and having them leave crap in my car dude!! drove me batshit crazy. now I have a powder coated havis cage in my new tahoe. It's so easy to clean I love it. The only bad thing is I can't take the cage out cause the size, door popper and temperature sensors are all attached but i can kinda reach under there with a vac at the car detail station at hq so not so bad..
Old 04-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #4131
Taco turned Burrito

An officer I used to work with got shot on a traffic stop early Saturday morning. Sounds like he's going to be ok, and the scumbag suspect is in custody after a crazy multi-jurisdiction pursuit with many more shots fired at officers. http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Suspe...255935111.html
Old 04-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #4132

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post
An officer I used to work with got shot on a traffic stop early Saturday morning. Sounds like he's going to be ok, and the scumbag suspect is in custody after a crazy multi-jurisdiction pursuit with many more shots fired at officers. http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Suspe...255935111.html
Glad he is going to be OK.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:49 AM   #4133
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I see some reports coming in of 2 Alaska state troopers who were shot and killed, p.o.s. in custody.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:38 AM   #4134
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see some reports coming in of 2 Alaska state troopers who were shot and killed, p.o.s. in custody.
Saw this too...I have a good buddy who works for AST.... sucks, those are a damn good bunch of guys up there.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #4135
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That stinks. I love the show though, the area's they cover is insane!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #4136

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude WTF. ARGHHH. I hate that crap. Glad turd bag is in custody. Alaska has death penalty 10-4?? can they do it 2x's to the same dude??
Old 05-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #4137
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
What boots are yall wearing? I just picked up a new pair...last 2 years I've been wearing a pair of low end danners, before that (and still used as spares) I had Magnum Cobras...

I got lucky this year and the Nike SFBs were on the voucher list so I snagged a pair of those for summertime use...super comfy and lightweight but I'm wondering how they will hold up
Old 05-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #4138
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Crappy bates. Need something better haha
Old 05-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #4139
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Danner all day erryday
Old 05-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #4140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
What boots are yall wearing? I just picked up a new pair...last 2 years I've been wearing a pair of low end danners, before that (and still used as spares) I had Magnum Cobras...

I got lucky this year and the Nike SFBs were on the voucher list so I snagged a pair of those for summertime use...super comfy and lightweight but I'm wondering how they will hold up
Keep us updated on long term wear of the nike sfb, im interested in those but the cost deters me.

I have some nike acg's (the ones that look like hiking boots) for warm weather and love them, got them on clearance