Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO BS Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #4381
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDeBonet View Post
It's probably illegal and they just left it alone lol.
The officer that was telling the story said that the morning after the officer transported her he looked through the laws and couldn't find anything on it, he wanted to press charges against her.
That doesn't mean he missed the law though.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #4382
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
In most places It's under attempt to influence
Old 07-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #4383
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Could be that ^
Old 07-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #4384
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
In most places It's under attempt to influence
I'll let him know, thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #4385
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
We had a lady catch extra charges for flashing an officer during booking.......

On another note, do any of y'all have the new Caprices?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #4386
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post

Nope, apparently during testing they rolled it? I have no clue. That's rumor mill shit so I'd have to delve deeper.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #4387
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
nope...no caprices here either but another local jurisdiction has them
Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #4388
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen one locally, our city just got some new chargers in, only 2 crown vics left to my knowledge.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #4389
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
We have them. I got to choose between a caprice or a impala. I gladly chose the impala.

Pro's for the caprice:
Motor, it runs like a raped ape, and sounds good
brakes much better then the impala, they don't fade after braking hard 2-3 times.
and that's it...

Cons:
horrible seating, the seat is really narrow, yes you can stretch your legs, but you feel like your in a taco-not a Tacoma- a Mexican taco. With all my gear on, I like the side room the impala seats provide, plus getting out of it stinks.

the windshield is at a different angle you get less visibility compared to the impala

fuel fill on the wrong side

a HUGE key/fob that doesn't fold, it's like Excalibur hanging from your keeper, waiting to jab you in the thigh

No aux input port... you can't hook up your I pod/phone and stream music. Huge for me I like to jam out while I work

No cup holders!!!!!!!!! Really!?!

auto on headlights. headlights turn on every time you start the car, unless you hold the lights off as you start it. sucks when you're trying to be covert.

That's off of the top of my head lol.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #4391
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
We have them. I got to choose between a caprice or a impala. I gladly chose the impala.

Pro's for the caprice:
Motor, it runs like a raped ape, and sounds good
brakes much better then the impala, they don't fade after braking hard 2-3 times.
and that's it...

Cons:
horrible seating, the seat is really narrow, yes you can stretch your legs, but you feel like your in a taco-not a Tacoma- a Mexican taco. With all my gear on, I like the side room the impala seats provide, plus getting out of it stinks.

the windshield is at a different angle you get less visibility compared to the impala

fuel fill on the wrong side

a HUGE key/fob that doesn't fold, it's like Excalibur hanging from your keeper, waiting to jab you in the thigh

No aux input port... you can't hook up your I pod/phone and stream music. Huge for me I like to jam out while I work

No cup holders!!!!!!!!! Really!?!

auto on headlights. headlights turn on every time you start the car, unless you hold the lights off as you start it. sucks when you're trying to be covert.

That's off of the top of my head lol.
Damn, all I know is they run like a raped ape, the sheriffs down here just got a bunch. I'll have to ask my buddy if he had any experience with them. He interned with TX DPS this summer
Old 07-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #4392
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
....Cons: No cup holders!!!!!!!!! Really!?!...

We had the same thing with some of our trucks. They took out all the cup holders to put in the center console. I got something like this from Autozone. Worked decently enough.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #4393
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Got a call today. It was to offer me a position I applied for two years ago. I go to the academy in August.
Grats start working out now if your not already.

Cypher
Old 07-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #4394
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
I've been working out in preparation since they called me for the fitness test about two months ago and I just started going to a Crossfit gym this week. I'm prepping as much as I can ha.

I've been through bootcamp, OCS, and another police academy; but I think this one will be harder.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #4395
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Feds.... Yea they are tough
Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #4396
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I've been working out in preparation since they called me for the fitness test about two months ago and I just started going to a Crossfit gym this week. I'm prepping as much as I can ha.

I've been through bootcamp, OCS, and another police academy; but I think this one will be harder.
Yeah your OLDER now lol every year things get harder and harder lol

Cypher
Old 07-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #4398
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post

I wish...they have the Ls..A neighboring jurisdiction K9 Ofc. has one...bad assss. But I can't complain with the new Tahoe
Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #4399
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I wish...they have the Ls..A neighboring jurisdiction K9 Ofc. has one...bad assss. But I can't complain with the new Tahoe
We have the new taurus, very mixed reviews. it has been in the shop for a lot of time too. A neighboring jurisdiction has the new caprice, i got to hear and see him take off, it sounds like a beast and moves faster then any other patrol car ive seen.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #4400
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
We have the new taurus, very mixed reviews. it has been in the shop for a lot of time too. A neighboring jurisdiction has the new caprice, i got to hear and see him take off, it sounds like a beast and moves faster then any other patrol car ive seen.
Yeah dude they are awesome. We have three and that's all we got. they went to supervisors But we are going to chargers and in the next few years we may transition the whole fleet to the interceptor SUV...dunno though you know how things go. This chief like chargers, the next chief like ford,, the next likes chebbys, You never know whats going to happen HAHAHA.