Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

So what's the deal with arizona road blocks?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #21
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Im still laughing from video 2 when the taser hits him. The sounds he makes are hilarious. He got what he asked for.
I was laughing pretty hard at that one too, he squeals like a little girl, not saying I wouldn't
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
one of the case reports said he got tazed for 22 seconds and then immediately again for 5 seconds, he said it felt like one tazer that lasted for 30 seconds... but yeah he was recording so more pain=more sympathy
Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #23
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
BTW Exact same video, exact same topic, mostly going to get the same answer's.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...nts-video.html

FWIW here's my post from that thread I still stand behind it.
Quote:
There is a time and place to battle things such as this, talking to a leo just trying to do his job is not one of them. All he is trying to do is make his jurisdiction a little safer so that the people he is serving may sleep a little easier at night. If you don't like the laws vote the reps, senates, governors who pushed them out of office or have them changed. I'll use your Rosa Parks comment as a example, Miss Parks did exactly what these guys are doing by challenging authority but what the blacks did differently was they had a common leader emerge in their civil rights movement and took their opinions to the people who had the power to change the laws. If you don't like border patrols, DUI roadblocks, etc then contact your senator, representative, governor, mayor, and other people who actually have the ability to change the law not just enforce it. If you don't like the laws there are better way of having something done about it than some bullshit like these guy's are doing.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post

yeah alright but i
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
was looking for more about the legality and why there are so many stops.
not to have such a political debate which is how the other thread went. And so this was a repost on reddit and i reposted it here with out searching; nbd right.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #25
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
that is true, but he is still a douche bag. Dude thinks he's gonna change the world, just go along with it, no need to be a pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepadams View Post
You sound tough standing up to the people who protect us untill you refuse to get out and get tazed! If your an American with nothing to hide then put up or move!
Quote:
it has nothing to do with being conservative, and everything to do with this guy going about conveying his opinion in the wrong way. Don't mess with the guys enforcing the stupid laws, go to the people making them. All he's doing is making the cop's lives more difficult.
you people are unbelievable able...this man is standing up for his FOURTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS, a right in the constitution that this country is founded on, and he gets beaten and tazed for it, and according to some of you he is being the problematic douche? It's not about actually wasting time or being in convinced, it's about standing up for your self and not letting the govt encroach on your freedoms and rights. So many people these days are just fucking sheep in the heard going along with and doing what ever they are told. In the second video the officer says that he needs to get out and do what ever the LEO says because" I'm an officer"...that is not how it works. they refused to conduct them selves the legal way and bring the dog back or even formally charge him with a crime. instead they just smashed his window, tazed him and beat the shit out of him all while he did not lift a finger or put up a breath of a fight. then the grand jury found him innocent and that the officers were in the wrong the whole time. that was what he was standing up for, the wrong and forceful treatment by the officers. Call me a sunflower or what ever, i'm not doing the same thing he was, but maybe our ideology was the same. While it's easier to just do whatever a forceful power tells you to do and blindly follow commands when threatened (nazis?) why should you just bend over and take it without making sure you are being treated fairly and legaly? Like i said, obedient sheep.

/rant

preparing for

Quote:

HAHAHA, didn't see that thread when it was open but it seems like my opinions would have gotten me a lot of enemies there too. but my values and opinions still stand.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
you people are unbelievable able
lol too much passion from you
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #28
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
play with fire... you're going to get burned.

ARIZONA FTW
Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #29
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you people are unbelievable able...but my values and opinions still stand.
Mine also the point I was trying to get across in the last thread is that it isn't the cops that are in the wrong when doing the stop's they are just doing their job's. Don't like the laws vote in people whom mirror your views. LEO can't change the laws on the side of the street. I agree that the stops shouldn't be done and that they are invasion of privacy but I don't give the officer that's checking my ID/Truck when I go through a DUI checkpoint shit about it because he's just following orders trying to make the world a better place. IMO, the guy in the video should have just complied and let the judicial process do its job if there wasn't any evidence against him the case would have been thrown out and everyone would just go on about their lives.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Role of checkpoints

The checkpoints are described as "the third layer in the Border Patrol's three-layer strategy", following "line watch" and "roving patrol" operations near the border. According to the U.S. General Accounting Office,[2]
"Border Patrol agents at checkpoints have legal authority that agents do not have when patrolling areas away from the border. The United States Supreme Court ruled that Border Patrol agents may stop a vehicle at fixed checkpoints for brief questioning of its occupants even if there is no reason to believe that the particular vehicle contains illegal aliens.[4] The Court further held that Border Patrol agents "have wide discretion" to refer motorists selectively to a secondary inspection area for additional brief questioning.[5] In contrast, the Supreme Court held that Border Patrol agents on roving patrol may stop a vehicle only if they have reasonable suspicion that the vehicle contains aliens who may be illegally in the United States—a higher threshold for stopping and questioning motorists than at checkpoints.[6] The constitutional threshold for searching a vehicle is the same, however, and must be supported by either consent or probable cause, whether in the context of a roving patrol or a checkpoint search.[7]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...or_Checkpoints
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Mine also the point I was trying to get across in the last thread is that it isn't the cops that are in the wrong when doing the stop's they are just doing their job's. Don't like the laws vote in people whom mirror your views. LEO can't change the laws on the side of the street. I agree that the stops shouldn't be done and that they are invasion of privacy but I don't give the officer that's checking my ID/Truck when I go through a DUI checkpoint shit about it because he's just following orders trying to make the world a better place. IMO, the guy in the video should have just complied and let the judicial process do its job if there wasn't any evidence against him the case would have been thrown out and everyone would just go on about their lives.
well he was arrested on one of these tirades and when his case went to trial he was acquitted of all charges
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #33
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
THANK YOU!

I agree the check points are completely retarded, but don't give the cops a hard time about it! I've been saying that the entire time in this thread.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #34
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
United States v. Martinez-Fuerte (1976 U.S. Supreme Court)

Quote:
The defendant, Martinez-Fuerte, had agreed to transport two illegal Mexican aliens who had entered the United States through the Port of San Ysidro in San Diego, California. They traveled north and were stopped at a permanent checkpoint on Interstate 5 between Oceanside and San Clemente, then questioned. The two passengers admitted their status and the defendant was charged with two counts of illegally transporting aliens. He moved to have the evidence suppressed, on the grounds that the checkpoint stop had violated the 4th Amendment. The motion was denied and he was convicted of both counts.[1]
Quote:
The court ruled 7 to 2 that the internal checkpoints were not a violation of the Fourth Amendment, but rather were consistent with the amendment. They went on to say that it would be impracticable for the officers to seek warrants for every vehicle searched and that to do so would eliminate any deterrent towards smuggling and illegal immigration. The court felt that any intrusion to motorists was a minimal one and that the government and public interest outweighed the constitutional rights of the individual.[1]
The court also ruled that the stops were Constitutional even if largely based on apparent Mexican ancestry.[2]
However the court added that restrictions still exist: "We have held that checkpoint searches are constitutional only if justified by consent or probable cause to search" (though the court did hold that the probable cause bar was low for permanent checkpoints with limited impact on motorists). The Court also held, "our holding today is limited to the type of stops described in this opinion. -[A]ny further detention...must be based on consent or probable cause. Our prior cases have limited significantly the reach of this congressional authorization, requiring probable cause for any vehicle search in the interior and reasonable suspicion for inquiry stops by roving patrols [as opposed to permanent checkpoints]." 428 U.S. 543, 567 (1976).
Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #35
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

why does it shock anybody as to what happened in the video? (2nd video)

the guy was looking for trouble... he found it when he was no doing what the LEOs were telling him to do. his true colors showed when he squealed like a bitch.

want to stand up for freedom and people's rights? join the military and put your life on the line
Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #36
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So are you saying what they did was right? And that they did their job to serve and protect the people to the best of their abilities?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #37

Quote:
THANK YOU!

I agree the check points are completely retarded, but don't give the cops a hard time about it! I've been saying that the entire time in this thread.
however is it now not worth abiding by your rights to instead not inconvenience a border patrol officer. the dude in the video is not responsible for proving he is a citizen so the stop should have ended when he refused the officers request and the officer was content there was nothing obviously illegal going on in the guys car.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #38

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't even look at it. There is a reason wikipedia is not a credible source any academic work.
Feel free to remain ignorant on the subject too. Have a nice day!

The checkpoints are legal and have been so since 1976.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
why does it shock anybody as to what happened in the video? (2nd video)

the guy was looking for trouble... he found it when he was no doing what the LEOs were telling him to do. his true colors showed when he squealed like a bitch.

want to stand up for freedom and people's rights? join the military and put your life on the line
Ok that's not fair in any way shape at all and one of the dumbest things i have heard. He was tazed for 20 second straight! 20 SECONDS! A normal tazer pull is 5 seconds, so the officer pulled it, held it and pulled it again. He squealed like a bitch because every muscle in his body seized and convulsed for 20 seconds. You would make the same squealing noises if that happened to you. Anyone would.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #40

Quote:
So are you saying what they did was right? And that they did their job to serve and protect the people to the best of their abilities?
yup. dude wasn't cooperating and they followed procedure