Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

So what's the deal with arizona road blocks?

Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #41
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Ok that's not fair in any way shape at all and one of the dumbest things i have heard. He was tazed for 20 second straight! 20 SECONDS! A normal tazer pull is 5 seconds, so the officer pulled it, held it and pulled it again. He squealed like a bitch because every muscle in his body seized and convulsed for 20 seconds. You would make the same squealing noises if that happened to you. Anyone would.
were you there while he got tazed for 20 seconds straight? it's all speculative when it's on the internet

same goes for my opinion on the matter
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
were you there while he got tazed for 20 seconds straight? it's all speculative when it's on the internet

same goes for my opinion on the matter
the duration of the tazing was from the court case
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #43
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
however is it now not worth abiding by your rights to instead not inconvenience a border patrol officer. the dude in the video is not responsible for proving he is a citizen so the stop should have ended when he refused the officers request and the officer was content there was nothing obviously illegal going on in the guys car.
HA! HA! HAHAHAHA! That is one of the most depressing and saddening things i have heard in a long time. When people begin to think that way, that it is easier to give up their rights, then i'm sorry but we have lost all hope. I'm sorry you would rather give up your right to not in convince an officer, and that you are that content to just be another sheep. As soon as you give up an inch of rights they will take a mile.

Quote:
Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
-Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #44
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
all the guy had to do was say "yes i'm a US citizen." and he'd have rolled through all those checkpoints, i've been through them before... its pretty simple.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #45
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
HA! HA! HAHAHAHA! That is one of the most depressing and saddening things i have heard in a long time. When people begin to think that way, that it is easier to give up their rights, then i'm sorry but we have lost all hope. I'm sorry you would rather give up your right to not in convince an officer, and that you are that content to just be another sheep. As soon as you give up an inch of rights they will take a mile.

-Benjamin Franklin
calm down bud youre going to get everybody else riled up too
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #47
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
agreed that the stops are stupid. Glad we don't have them here other than the DWI ones.

I could care less about them. I went through the checkpoint on Interstate 8 a few miles east of Pine Valley, CA probably close to 15 times. They don't bother me at all. I don't feel any of my "rights" are being violated. I answer their question, tell them to have a nice day and go about my business. Big fucking deal right?!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
:wileyC:
thanks for your input OYG
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #49
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
fair enough. i stand corrected

Quote:

-Benjamin Franklin
like i said before... he was looking for trouble, and he found it... mission accomplished on his part. border patrol officers too.

BTW, you're reading all of this... not hearing it
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #50
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
all the guy had to do was say "yes i'm a US citizen." and he'd have rolled through all those checkpoints, i've been through them before... its pretty simple.
To make it clear, i'm not saying this WOULDN'T have been an easier option. Yes, it would be SO much simpler to just say yes i am a citizen. But he is trying to prove a point that he has to get through so much harassment to get to his rights. It's a small victory for him, and he gets to put it online to show how much of a hassle it can be.
Quote:
calm down bud youre going to get everybody else riled up too
eh, it happens.

Quote:
Thank you. I am not just spouting bull shit here and making all of this up. I'm trying to be as fair and factual as possible.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #52
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well he was arrested on one of these tirades and when his case went to trial he was acquitted of all charges
My point exactly. Be cooropitave, even if in the wrong, and thing's will be a whole lot better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
THANK YOU!

I agree the check points are completely retarded, but don't give the cops a hard time about it! I've been saying that the entire time in this thread.
I know buddy.
Quote:
So are you saying what they did was right? And that they did their job to serve and protect the people to the best of their abilities?
Not what the LEO's did was right but what the person in the car did was wrong. If he would have complied then he could have avoided being tazed, he car being ruined, day being ruined, saved the officers the trouble of pulling him out and ruining his car, etc. If he had just done like he was told and let the judicial process take care of it everything would have been much better.
Quote:
Didn't even look at it. There is a reason wikipedia is not a credible source any academic work.
Really? University of South Carolina, which has been recognized as being one of the best public schools in the nation and that I attend, considers it acceptable sourcing as long as it's sources are documented correctly.
Quote:

-Benjamin Franklin
Not a sheep just a law abiding citizen. Again there are times and places for arguing the laws side of the road looking down the business end of a tazer isn't the time nor place. Also that Ben Franklin quote is one my favorites.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #53
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To make it clear, i'm not saying this WOULDN'T have been an easier option. Yes, it would be SO much simpler to just say yes i am a citizen. But he is trying to prove a point that he has to get through so much harassment to get to his rights. It's a small victory for him, and he gets to put it online to show how much of a hassle it can be.
he proved his point to the wrong people. He needs to do this in a professional manner to get any respect out of me.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Not a sheep just a law abiding citizen. Again there are times and places for arguing the laws side of the road looking down the business end of a tazer isn't the time nor place.
true shit, but he might make out with a small victory since he is now suing the state
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #55
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Also, checkpoints are completely legal. Any of your arguments are invalid.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #56
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #57
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Guy is a douche .
Old 07-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #58
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true shit, but he might make out with a small victory since he is now suing the state
Doesn't surprise me.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #59
braaap

lol suing the state because the cops did their jobs? Good luck with that one dude.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #60
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
what did he win in his victory, he got tased...