Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Wanting to become a LEO

Old 07-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Lapd is hiring
Yeah.. I'm from Kansas I'd rather do things here.. Not saying la is a bad place but.... Yeah Kansas is more my speed
Old 07-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Yeah, I was stupid and didn't think on that whole situation, I let my rage get the best of me
Better control that shit if and when you wear a shield/star. You will see a lot of stuff that can set you off.

But other than that, good luck on your path.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Better control that shit if and when you wear a shield/star. You will see a lot of stuff that can set you off.

But other than that, good luck on your path.
Thanks man
Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #24
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone notice Pinal (Curt) in the banner?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #25
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Should I go to college? I have a 3.2 and could get acouple scholarships pluss I have a college fund.. What degree would I go after?
GO TO COLLEGE AND GET A DEGREE!! Best investment of your life. Honestly, law enforcement is looking for people with a military background or knowlege in computers and technology. They want officers that are knowlegeable in the latest technology.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And before we make this a personal attack on me for something I did in high school think back to all the shit you all have done back then have to learn lessons the hard way sometimes
If you don't want someone to "attack" you for past mistakes, why would you write it on a thread today? Did you think swapping stories about what you did after being keyed was smart? You think if you were having a background check and someone mentioned that story, they wouldn't be all over you for it? If you're planning on being a LEO, or in any postion of authority watch what you say on the internet, it will come back to haunt you. I've had an officer tell me "Stay off the internet if you don't want things about you to come out. Because even if you're not saying something, doesn"t mean someone who knows you isn't."
Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah.. I'm from Kansas I'd rather do things here.. Not saying la is a bad place but.... Yeah Kansas is more my speed
Wouldn't you rather pull over Lindsey Lohan after a week long bender rather then detain joe from stealing a slurpee on a hot summer day .
Old 07-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Wouldn't you rather pull over Lindsey Lohan after a week long bender rather them detain joe from stealing a slurpee on a hot summer day .
Honestly? I'd go after joe.. Haha I'm in rural Kansas, don't think the whole big city thing would go over well.. Wichita is big enough for me..
Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #29
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
A Policia Officer you say.. iiiiiiiiinteresting.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get a criminal justice degree
Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Don't get a criminal justice degree
I'm curious, why?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #32
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Maturity (not saying that you are not mature), military and degree. Military is great training and experience for L.E. In addition it will give you a chance to grow as a person. Also a degree, being that it is just a piece of paper, will teach you to think logically and it is somewhat of an accomplishment that will help you grow mentally. You should always want to learn as a LEO. The law is fluid and ever changing. As a LEO you will be in many schools and career related classes. It never hurts to be educated.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Maturity (not saying that you are not mature), military and degree. Military is great training and experience for L.E. In addition it will give you a chance to grow as a person. Also a degree, being that it is just a piece of paper, will teach you to think logically and it is somewhat of an accomplishment that will help you grow mentally. You should always want to learn as a LEO. The law is fluid and ever changing. As a LEO you will be in many schools and career related classes. It never hurts to be educated.
Thank you for a positive responce and information!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #34
tango59 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
tango59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
from what ive learned, id go military then police/sherriffs. They hire ex military all the time. Its def preffered. They also boost your test scores and salary too. That and no offence but it will def make you a lot more mature. Not that you arent, I dont know you, but the military teaches core values that the police look for.
This is the route to go !!! If you do just go the college route, Don't get a degree in Criminal Justice. Get a Business degree, Psyc, work on a Law degree. You can be a cop with any of these degrees but you can't be anything else with a Criminal Justice degree.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #35
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Try to find the age to become a Custody Assistant for your Sheriffs department. Do ride a longs. Try to become a cadet. Here in Cali the age for cadet cannot exceed 20 years old. Military can work in most cases.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
rdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Rick
rdm197aps's Tacoma Gallery
i agree with tango59. a CJ degree is worthless if you ever want to do something else. as stated in an earlier post, watch everything you do and everything you put on social media. i know officers that have had facebook post brought up in court by defence attorneys because its public information. just be careful in your everyday life.

have honor and valor and never ever lie about anything ever no matter what the cost. set an example with everything you do for others to follow. this includes driving habits and drinking. dont be a hypocrite. always do the right thing even of you dont benifit from it.

these are rules i try to abide by every day, and lemme tell you, it is not easy. and if you happen to fall or fail, then get back up, dust yourself off and try again.

good luck
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #37
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm197aps View Post
i agree with tango59. a CJ degree is worthless if you ever want to do something else. as stated in an earlier post, watch everything you do and everything you put on social media. i know officers that have had facebook post brought up in court by defence attorneys because its public information. just be careful in your everyday life.

have honor and valor and never ever lie about anything ever no matter what the cost. set an example with everything you do for others to follow. this includes driving habits and drinking. dont be a hypocrite. always do the right thing even of you dont benifit from it.

these are rules i try to abide by every day, and lemme tell you, it is not easy. and if you happen to fall or fail, then get back up, dust yourself off and try again.

good luck

Well said

And really this should apply to EVERYONE
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #38

So the main reason not to get a CJ degree is due to it basically confines and limits your choices. Ah okay.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #39
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
So the main reason not to get a CJ degree is due to it basically confines and limits your choices. Ah okay.
You got it
Old 07-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
You got it
It always bothers me that degrees like that even exist, people unknowingly will pay money for them without the research thinking that they get an edge in a career. Turns out their worthless and schools support it to make the money.. Theres a degree like that a few levels below mine and I almost got suckered into it by the school until I did my research.