Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Wanting to become a LEO

Old 07-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wanting to become a LEO

Ive decided on my career choice and I'm wanting to become a LEO, preferably a sherif like my uncle. I'm in my last year of high school and I'm 17 years old, what steps should I take? And I can't sk my uncle before anyone says that, do I go straight to college? Or to the police academy? Help would be nice guys
Old 07-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
With actions like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Guy keyed my truck at a football game.. School cop showed me the security cameras.. Hit the guy with a pipe

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5409774

I hope you dont become a cop/.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
that depends on what month you were born in... Im a Gemini
Old 07-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shhhhh... I learned my lesson with that one.. Dad whopped my ass and then worked my ass off
Old 07-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
jdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdhaas3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Jimmy
jdhaas3's Tacoma Gallery
that ended quick
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
What Chris said. And why can't you ask your uncle about his career path??
Died in the line of duty..
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
With actions like this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5409774

I hope you dont become a cop/.

I see nothing wrong with that?

Edit: nvm looked at the wrong poster lol
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
First grow up. Literally and metaphorically. I think most agencies you be at least 21.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Volunteer with the sherriffs. Possibly get into the explorer program since youbare pretty young. Talk to an officer from both agencies and ask how they got to where they needed to be and commit. Thats what I did minus the explorer program and im on my way.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone else hate when the term LEO is used ? Good god . Every post it seems .
Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
I see nothing wrong with that?
you don't see anything bc he decided to edit his post after realizing that perhaps his actions aren't as honorable as they should be
Old 07-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
you don't see anything bc he decided to edit his post after realizing that perhaps his actions aren't as honorable as they should be
Yeah, I was stupid and didn't think on that whole situation, I let my rage get the best of me
Old 07-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Fixed.

OP, being as you are trying to cover up your actions, reafirms my thoughts that being an LEO is NOT for you.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Died in the line of duty..
Sorry to hear that-Any of the guys that worked with/for him around?? If he is your role model seems like his career would be. Good place to start IMHO. Also, picking a location where you want to work and finding out what they require to hire someone for training will help.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #16

They are around, all getting older and close to retirement though..
Old 07-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #17

And before we make this a personal attack on me for something I did in high school think back to all the shit you all have done back then have to learn lessons the hard way sometimes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #18
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
from what ive learned, id go military then police/sherriffs. They hire ex military all the time. Its def preffered. They also boost your test scores and salary too. That and no offence but it will def make you a lot more mature. Not that you arent, I dont know you, but the military teaches core values that the police look for.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #19

Should I go to college? I have a 3.2 and could get acouple scholarships pluss I have a college fund.. What degree would I go after?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Lapd is hiring