Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Taser ? for those who carry (LEO) x26/x2

Old 07-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #21
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
I liked my m26, it was fairly comfortable and easy to use, but I figure with all the other crap on my belt, if I have an opportunity to downsize/upgrade and the same time, sounds like a good deal to me. I think the x2 will be way too big. I couldn't even fit my m26 on my my belt so I was forced to use a thigh rig.

If it hadn't of broken, I wouldn't have any problem rockin the m26 still, but bring without a Taser is no good right now, so x26 it is. I ordered it a few days ago and it came in today. Gonna pick it up tomorrow hopefully.
Yeah I hear ya. Congrats on the new "Nail Driver". I've been shocked with that one too during training. Hurts just as much.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #22
Robo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to beholdRobo02cop is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Robo02cop's Tacoma Gallery
I carry the M26, we are transitioning to the X26. I wish we would go to the X2 or X3 though because I feel the cartridge is a safer cartridge as it isn't affected by static electricity. No matter which one is pointed at me though I will comply because it hurts getting tazed!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Out with the old...

And in with the new....

Is this how you all are wearing them in the x-draw. I really like it so far. Doesn't get in the way of sitting down like I thought (except it hits my vest but thats probably cause I'm not exactly the skinniest guy on the planet) and its very easy to access/draw. Gotta go get my other cartridge and add it to the xdpm, but for now this will work till I get home.

What holsters you all use?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo02cop View Post
I carry the M26, we are transitioning to the X26. I wish we would go to the X2 or X3 though because I feel the cartridge is a safer cartridge as it isn't affected by static electricity. No matter which one is pointed at me though I will comply because it hurts getting tazed!!!
whichever, I'm not gonna comply it's gonna be a smile for the flash time!! then go to the light
Old 07-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #25
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Proforce, yes thats how I wear mine. I like your bianchi triple threat open top mag holster. I have the same one for my belt. Love that freaking thing it's so fast!!!!! However, I wear my mags on the other side where you have your badge. This way they are not so jacked around and hard to get to. However, If the set up works for you go with it. To me bullets are much more important than a taser. I have my spray under the taser cause I never use the darn thing. Anyway you'll love it and be safe.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #26
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Proforce, yes thats how I wear mine. I like your bianchi triple threat open top mag holster. I have the same one for my belt. Love that freaking thing it's so fast!!!!! However, I wear my mags on the other side where you have your badge. This way they are not so jacked around and hard to get to. However, If the set up works for you go with it. To me bullets are much more important than a taser. I have my spray under the taser cause I never use the darn thing. Anyway you'll love it and be safe.
I just set it up like this today. Used to having a thigh rig for my old m26 so this is new to me. I tried drawing my mags like that and it seems to work. It seems like having mags in same side as weapon would make reload difficult... either hold firearm in weak hand until reloaded, then switch back to strong, or cross draw your mags which seems difficult to me. Maybe cuz I have short arms. Cross drawing the Taser is already difficult enough. Gonna have to practice.

The OC I keep on strong side also right in from of my gun behind the badge. I would move it in front of the Taser like you mentioned but I have the Blackhawk Serpa lvl I holster which doesn't draw out, it draws down, so I need that space open to draw the Taser. I might move spray back to right behind gun where I used to have it but I'll have to see how I like it.

From right to left (strong-weak) badge, OC, glock, radio, cuff 1, glove pouch, cuff 2, pelican light, mag pouch, Taser. Knife is in 5.11 pants pocket. No baton, its about as worthless as the OC and I never got licenced for it anyways.

This is way different than my old setup so I'll try it out for awhile and practice. So far I really like the Taser there though.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #27

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool...good luck dude. Just get a dog and you'll just keep a gun on ya you won't have to worry about the rest of that crap..HAHAHA
Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #28
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just set it up like this today.

From right to left (strong-weak) No baton, its about as worthless as the OC and I never got licenced for it anyways.

I disagree about the baton. One of the most used tools on my belt. It has cleared many a spiderweb for me. I might look dumb walking through the woods waving it in front of me, but not as dumb as the Deputy asking for help to get the damn spider off of him.

Also I use it to lift or move nasty items if my gloves aren't on. It's also great for poking sleeping/passed out individuals to get them to wake and move along.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #29
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I carry the X26 in a Blackhawk SERPA holster in a cross-draw position on my non-weapon side of the gun belt. Love it, it's a comfortable position to carry and it's easy to draw.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #30
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Im a Taser Instructor

Taser will be getting rid of the X26 shortly and only produce new X2 and X3 ECDs

I really do like the X2's. The cartridges are smaller and aside from the ability of having 2 cartridges, the technology on the X2 and X3 is improved from the X26. The size comparison isnt that much different either. Taser was running a sale that included cartridges and a holster.

My dept only has the X26, due to budget costs, but Id go with the X2.

Edit: just saw that you went with the X26.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #31
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
I disagree about the baton. One of the most used tools on my belt. It has cleared many a spiderweb for me. I might look dumb walking through the woods waving it in front of me, but not as dumb as the Deputy asking for help to get the damn spider off of him.

Also I use it to lift or move nasty items if my gloves aren't on. It's also great for poking sleeping/passed out individuals to get them to wake and move along.
x freaking 2

and if you've ever had to roll into a crowded bar in the midst of a brawl...that's where it's at
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post

Im sure you guys are more than qualified to give that advice and i dont doubt that your wrong by any means. I guess for me it just never seemed practical to spend $150 on a license and another $120+ on a nice asp. But im sure if i had it i would probably
use way more often. I know my argument earlier in this post was that without a Taser I have less UOF options and therefore have more risk of violating SOP or even human rights so I guess that argument would work equally for a baton too. It can't hurt to carry one. I should probably look into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
x freaking 2

and if you've ever had to roll into a crowded bar in the midst of a brawl...that's where it's at
Old 07-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #33
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
Im a Taser Instructor

Taser will be getting rid of the X26 shortly and only produce new X2 and X3 ECDs

I really do like the X2's. The cartridges are smaller and aside from the ability of having 2 cartridges, the technology on the X2 and X3 is improved from the X26. The size comparison isnt that much different either. Taser was running a sale that included cartridges and a holster.

My dept only has the X26, due to budget costs, but Id go with the X2.

Edit: just saw that you went with the X26.
If I saw this yesterday it would have weighed heavily in my buying decision. So far I am very very pleased with the x26, but I realize I bought and item that is soon to be replaced. I carried my m26 for over a year without a single deployment... drew several times but never had to deploy. So I'm thinking that since I will not use this near as much as an everyday Leo, I'm thinking that the single shot it more than adequate. However, you can never be too prepared I guess. You just never know. I also considered the x26 for its smaller size for the fact that since I am not CCW and probably won't be anytime soon in CA, the x26 is something I can ccw legally without permit. Its not a gun I know, but better than nothing at all. And not just for people, but animals etc. I saw an ankle holster by deSantis that looks pretty sweet. I think the x2 would have been to big to carry concealed. If I do though, I'll need a regular dpm because the xdpm that came with would also make conceal carry difficult. Idk, just exploring options I guess.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #34
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im sure you guys are more than qualified to give that advice and i dont doubt that your wrong by any means. I guess for me it just never seemed practical to spend $150 on a license and another $120+ on a nice asp. But im sure if i had it i would probably
use way more often. I know my argument earlier in this post was that without a Taser I have less UOF options and therefore have more risk of violating SOP or even human rights so I guess that argument would work equally for a baton too. It can't hurt to carry one. I should probably look into this
I haven't had a single UOF with mine yet. I just use it a lot for many other tasks. But at the price it would cost you to get and use one, ouch, I don't know.
Then again, we have huge spiders here in FL, not freaking out on a call due to a bannana spider on my head would be worth the $280 or so to carry it.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #35

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
My baton has served me well. I like my baton and nobody ever uses it. I have gone through 2 of them cause they would bend on me and I can't get them to collapse again. But they are helpful with spider webs and picking up stuff too.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #36
I measure response time in feet per second
cowboygymnast is on a distinguished road

Name: Daren
cowboygymnast's Tacoma Gallery
The only experience I have with the X2 was when we were doing trial runs with the X26's and X2's. My department ended up going with the X26's due to more size and comfort issues. Both perform well and generally hold up to wear and tear. I've had multiple deployments with mine ranging from the 21 feet (we carry the 21 ft silver door cartridge) all the way up to the up close and personal phone booth style hand to hand combat situations. She has never let me down. The co-workers that carried the X2 stated they liked it more than the M's but since we went with the X26's they all ended liking the 26's more.

As far as my carry preference I used to have a blackhawk holster that went cross draw on my belt. But since my last shooting required me to deploy my AR-15 it was time to re-workin my belt to carry an additional 30 rnd AR-15 magazine I had to swith to a blackhawk thigh rig (which i carry strong hand draw on my right leg). It took some to get used to but I'm a smaller guy and needed the extra room on my belt. Plus I didn't like how it pushed my pistol mags back so far (I like having them up front and within reach).

That's just my set up. See you got the X26...hope you like it.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #37
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboygymnast View Post
The only experience I have with the X2 was when we were doing trial runs with the X26's and X2's. My department ended up going with the X26's due to more size and comfort issues. Both perform well and generally hold up to wear and tear. I've had multiple deployments with mine ranging from the 21 feet (we carry the 21 ft silver door cartridge) all the way up to the up close and personal phone booth style hand to hand combat situations. She has never let me down. The co-workers that carried the X2 stated they liked it more than the M's but since we went with the X26's they all ended liking the 26's more.

As far as my carry preference I used to have a blackhawk holster that went cross draw on my belt. But since my last shooting required me to deploy my AR-15 it was time to re-workin my belt to carry an additional 30 rnd AR-15 magazine I had to swith to a blackhawk thigh rig (which i carry strong hand draw on my right leg). It took some to get used to but I'm a smaller guy and needed the extra room on my belt. Plus I didn't like how it pushed my pistol mags back so far (I like having them up front and within reach).

That's just my set up. See you got the X26...hope you like it.
So your Taser is on a thigh rig strong side that drops below your gun?? So you have both right on top of each other?
Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #38
I measure response time in feet per second
cowboygymnast is on a distinguished road

Name: Daren
cowboygymnast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So your Taser is on a thigh rig strong side that drops below your gun?? So you have both right on top of each other?

Well...when you put it like that I guess I have to re-word it. My gun is on the side of my hip on the right side. My taser is on a thigh rig on my right leg but it hags on the front of my leg and not on the side of my thigh. I like this because my the way my arms naturally fall my hand is always next to my taser and I'm easily capable of drawing my arms up to my side arm if need be (I train doing that often). So no...they are not technically on top of each other, it's just a turn of my wrist to draw my taser.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #39
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
I like my x2 for the simple fact that I have 2 cartridges at the ready and can switch between either cartridge. Also that I can drive stun without having to take off the cartridge unlike the x26. I have my x2 in a blackhawk holster in my support side. I also have the HD taser cam
Old 08-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #40
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow X26 in a crass-draw Blackhawk! holster for me. I also have an extra cartridge in the battery end. Since I spend a lot of time behind a desk, I've never deployed it or drive stunned anyone. I've threatened many people with a clicking electrical show though. Everyone seems to want to comply for some reason after that.