Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Taser ? for those who carry (LEO) x26/x2

Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Taser ? for those who carry (LEO) x26/x2

So my old school Taser M26 has finally given up on me and its time for an upgrade. I was originally set on the X26 since it is probably the most widely used and trusted Taser product across the nation, but when I realized I can get the X2 for only a few bucks more, now I have a little dilemma.

I always used a (left) thigh/tac holster for my M26, and for the X26 I was still deciding to keep the tac holster setup or just put it on my duty belt. If I get the X2, I would have to keep it on the drop holster because its just too dam big to but on the belt.

Anyone have experience with one or both of these units?? I know probably the only people that can answer are LEO so any input would be great. Looking for all pros/cons of each. Size, comfort, features, cost, ease of use, deployment, weight, reliability, etc etc. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I carry an X26 on my belt

It works...multiple deployment distances depending on which cartridge you purchase
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

After looking up the X2

The only real benefits I see are the ability to have multiple cartridges ready to go and the weather proofing

If you arent out in the rain a whole bunch...i'd go with whichever is gonna cost you less for the unit plus spare cartridges

Since you've already got the M26 you can use those cartridges with the X26
Old 07-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
After looking up the X2

The only real benefits I see are the ability to have multiple cartridges ready to go and the weather proofing

If you arent out in the rain a whole bunch...i'd go with whichever is gonna cost you less for the unit plus spare cartridges

Since you've already got the M26 you can use those cartridges with the X26
This is what I was thinking, I just wanted to get some ideas from those who carry daily too. Figured first hand experience is best. I just purchased 2 new cartridges (green) for the m26 and now that its broken, that would be a waste of $45 if I got the X2.

Just trying to see if the benefits of the X2 can out weigh the X26 considering the coat and size difference.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
This is what I was thinking, I just wanted to get some ideas from those who carry daily too. Figured first hand experience is best. I just purchased 2 new cartridges (green) for the m26 and now that its broken, that would be a waste of $45 if I got the X2.

Just trying to see if the benefits of the X2 can out weigh the X26 considering the coat and size difference.

Thanks
your security dept doesnt buy those for you? or buy a bunch and have you sign one out when you get to work? i say go for the taser shotgun with a shoulder sling. 200yd range, when you hit someone its an automatic 20 second ride

jk that is overkill and would make you a tool.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
your security dept doesnt buy those for you? or buy a bunch and have you sign one out when you get to work? i say go for the taser shotgun with a shoulder sling. 200yd range, when you hit someone its an automatic 20 second ride

Haha when I was reading this I was thinking to myself "dam! Does this guy want me to look and feel like a complete survivalist over the top kung-fu idiot at work while I get mad flammed on here for even considering this"

But no my company doesnt supply them. This isnt a large chain observe and report securitas type company lol. my company ranges from typical unarmed observe and report accounts to hands-on making arrests armed accounts, and for that reason, very few of our guards carry tasers. We are a small local privately owned company. Many accounts don't allow us to carry tasers anyways, so there is no point in the owner supplying them.

I just think about the UOF policies, and without a Taser, I'm really pretty screwed at times. Some accounts are large populated public buildings with central ventilation, and for safety reasons, we cannot deploy OC inside. I don't carry an asp because for 1 I am not licensed and 2 I would probably never use it since a taser is safer than beating the hell out of someone with a metal stick anyways. Without a Taser I would be forced to jump from verbal to physical (hands only) to firearm, which is just stupid. So this is why I choose to carry a Taser. It opens up options and helps cover my ass. Its not as easy for a security officer to justify his use of force choices, so the more options the better IMO.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #7
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post

But on a side note, that could be pretty bad ass just to have for fun and home use
Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Without a Taser I would be forced to jump from verbal to physical (hands only) to firearm, which is just stupid. So this is why I choose to carry a Taser. It opens up options and helps cover my ass. Its not as easy for a security officer to justify his use of force choices, so the more options the better IMO.
No input, since I dont carry a taser(we carry everything BUT. Fox canister, OC, pistol, etc), but I know what you mean. Whenever we do reaction drills we have to justify the levels of force we would use. And if you are wrong, you'll never hear the tires screech as they throw you under the bus to save thier butt. Least that is how my company is. And I think we MAY have a little extra protection under the law, but I am not sure about that.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I carry the x26, no complaints. I carry mine on my belt in their newer holster and can draw it like a champ. Though I haven't had to on a long time.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country101 View Post
No input, since I dont carry a taser(we carry everything BUT. Fox canister, OC, pistol, etc), but I know what you mean. Whenever we do reaction drills we have to justify the levels of force we would use. And if you are wrong, you'll never hear the tires screech as they throw you under the bus to save thier butt. Least that is how my company is. And I think we MAY have a little extra protection under the law, but I am not sure about that.

fox canister.... isn't that OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
I carry the x26, no complaints. I carry mine on my belt in their newer holster and can draw it like a champ. Though I haven't had to on a long time.
Have you had to deploy it yet?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Thin Blue Line

For those with the x26, are you using the extended power mag with and extra cartridge on the end or standard length battery
Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I use the x in a cross draw holster. I freaking love it that way. Everyone used to try and get me to go to a thigh holster but those things would move around so much and bunch up my pants they were annoying. Then guys tried to get me to go to the molle holster but that was a pain in the arse. Got the cross draw and never had any issues. Love it!! Used to wear it on my belt before I got the dog. The dog is the same level use of force wise so I just use that now. Haven't found a good holster for him yet tho..)
Old 07-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For those with the x26, are you using the extended power mag with and extra cartridge on the end or standard length battery
Yes in a cross draw...well used too
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I use the x in a cross draw holster. I freaking love it that way. Everyone used to try and get me to go to a thigh holster but those things would move around so much and bunch up my pants they were annoying. Then guys tried to get me to go to the molle holster but that was a pain in the arse. Got the cross draw and never had any issues. Love it!! Used to wear it on my belt before I got the dog. The dog is the same level use of force wise so I just use that now. Haven't found a good holster for him yet tho..)
Where can I get me one of them dogs you speak of? sounds more entertaining that a Taser
Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

I keep mine in a cross draw as well...with spare cartridges in a holder mounted to the top of the holster

I like the grip the extended battery provides but I prefer the smaller battery because it doesn't get in my way
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I keep mine in a cross draw as well...with spare cartridges in a holder mounted to the top of the holster

I like the grip the extended battery provides but I prefer the smaller battery because it doesn't get in my way
Pic with cartridge on holster?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've had a few deployments. It works as long as the prob's go in and stay in. If the wire breaks, your s.o.l. I carry mine cross draw aswell and I prefer mine on my belt. I don't like my thighs beat up when I'm chasing someone. Some guy's prefer the thigh holsters. Go with what will work better for you.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
I still carry an M26. I've been told I can upgrade but "The Jackhammer" is timeless.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #19
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS1980 View Post
I still carry an M26. I've been told I can upgrade but "The Jackhammer" is timeless.
I liked my m26, it was fairly comfortable and easy to use, but I figure with all the other crap on my belt, if I have an opportunity to downsize/upgrade and the same time, sounds like a good deal to me. I think the x2 will be way too big. I couldn't even fit my m26 on my my belt so I was forced to use a thigh rig.

If it hadn't of broken, I wouldn't have any problem rockin the m26 still, but bring without a Taser is no good right now, so x26 it is. I ordered it a few days ago and it came in today. Gonna pick it up tomorrow hopefully.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #20
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes, the fox is OC, just in an aerosol can. That way you can saturate a room or what have you.