Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Tattoo Policy's

Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #1
Airborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirborne09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Tim
Airborne09's Tacoma Gallery
Tattoo Policy's

So currently I'm active duty military and looking at getting out and becoming a LEO. I have a couple tattoo's on my forearm, nothing bad, their actually patriotic tattoo's. I know that tattoo's sometimes prevent people from getting a job in the outside world, and I'm curious if law enforcment agencies are really strict about it or what. If I can get some insight on the topic, it will be greatly appriciated. Thank you.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I know a State Trooper in CT with full sleeve tattoos.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
This is kind of an open ended question man. If you are thinking about a job in the conservative south- might be a problem. If you are looking in a more liberal area...No big deal.

Kinda matters what the dept you apply to says more than whatever answers pop up here.
I know several officers with tattoos
Old 07-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
IronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shedIronPig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Bad Cop, No Donut!
IronPig's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the individual Department. Some have zero policy, others want all tatt's covered by long sleeves. Our policy is all visible tatt's must be covered. So when it is 105 degrees, some guys have to wear the long sleeved uni! OVerall it is not a bug deal, but you have to check with Department policy.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
our local LEOS are required to wear long sleeves at all times if they have tats. even some fire depts in the south ive heard are pushing for tattoo coverings. i hope mine doesnt though you can see mine in a tshirt. it all depends on the area and dept
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Just like supervision in military, just depends on the dept. I've been in the miiltary for 6 years now and a have a full sleeve on one arm and half sleeve on the other and some of my supervision enforces the policy and make me wear long sleeves then we'll have someone new come in who just doesn't give a shit about petty things like that and I can walk around in short sleeves. Granted I work flightline as a mechanic, could be totally different from people who have desk jobs or something.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
down here its hit or miss, the actual department policy is "no visible" tattoos. So technically they all have to be covered...... but they are kinda lax on the policy and guys with tat's on their arms dont get in trouble (none of the tattoo's are offensive though)
Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, depends on the department. I know a guy that works in a pretty conservative boro around here, and he has full sleeves.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
SC Troopers aren't allowed to have anything visable in a short sleeved shirt... No facial hair either.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Here it depends on the dept. I've seen guys with the local sheriffs office with several visible tattoos. Then other places require they be covered.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronPig View Post
Depends on the individual Department. Some have zero policy, others want all tatt's covered by long sleeves. Our policy is all visible tatt's must be covered. So when it is 105 degrees, some guys have to wear the long sleeved uni! OVerall it is not a bug deal, but you have to check with Department policy.
x2. Depends on each department. I work for a police department in Maryland and we can have tattoos exposed, but they can't be below the wrist or above the collarbone. Also, they can't be naked girls, alcohol or drug-related, etc.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
This is a big deal with me, I don get why people sometimes look at tattoos as a bad thing, they should be hiring due to your experience and qualification for the job, not cause you have tattoos. IDK I just dont agree with the thought that people think that every person with a tattoo is gang member. Sry for going off lol.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I know tons of cops with full sleeves here in Colorado. I also have a fore arm tattoo and I'm a fireman. I think it just depends where you work.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Our policy is they cannot be visible in "summer uniform" (short sleeves)
Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohound View Post
This is a big deal with me, I don get why people sometimes look at tattoos as a bad thing, they should be hiring due to your experience and qualification for the job, not cause you have tattoos. IDK I just dont agree with the thought that people think that every person with a tattoo is gang member. Sry for going off lol.
it has everything to do with public perception and has nothing to do with the dept ignoring qualifications/experience

A citizen who is having the worst day of their life...maybe a family member was killed...doesn't need an officer showing up in a short sleeve shirt with a bunch of skulls and crap on it
Old 07-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I know a State Trooper in CT with full sleeve tattoos.
Ive seen one too here in CT....maybe same guy. Pretty built with a buzz cut.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
dmorenoprieto is on a distinguished road
Name: Diego
dmorenoprieto's Tacoma Gallery
Our dept. doesn't allow anything on the neck and above and anything below the wrists. Anything else is fine.