Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Cop comes to my house...

Old 07-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #41
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I would tell him to GTFO. You helped him the first time and now its harassment, give him your landlords phone number then close the door on him. You have nothing to hide and have never done anything wrong, so there is absolutley nothing he/they can do to you.

Or follow him home and start knocking on his door once/twice a week asking for someone who doesnt live there.
Yeah-Totally make the guys job harder-That'll surely fix it.

Or maybe ask him where the info about who lives at the OPs address came from and try to get it changed/fix it?? Talk to him/his supervisor and try to be helpful without trying to "fight back"
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #42
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
I would tell him to GTFO. You helped him the first time and now its harassment, give him your landlords phone number then close the door on him. You have nothing to hide and have never done anything wrong, so there is absolutley nothing he/they can do to you.

Or follow him home and start knocking on his door once/twice a week asking for someone who doesnt live there.
Yea telling an officer to GTFO is about the best idea I've seen yet. Following him home? Even better!
Because if you havn't done anything wrong then harrasing the officer when he is off duty is a great idea. I'll look for you on next weeks episode of 'Cops'.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #43
jmhirshorn is on a distinguished road
Army: Intel
Name: Josh
jmhirshorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech View Post
come and look around is searching. i would be hesitant to do so even if i thought there was nothing to hide. i dont trust anybody i dont know, even if its a cop. id call the sup like the other leo said. here in texas there have been many home invasions with cop looking cars and people that are just impersonating. but i would not give any attitude either. it doesn't do you any good. you,ll just make him look harder at you when he should be concentrating somewhere else. gl op
Even if you're innocent, talking to the police can get you in trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc
Old 07-27-2012, 06:22 AM   #44
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
People saying "if you get any visits at 3am, just lay on the floor" is pretty unsettling. Sorry but I dont care who you are, you come to my house at 3 am to "visit" something bad is going to happen. I am not a criminal and have no reason not to think that my home was being invaded by people wanting to do harm to my family. I will defend myself. Probably wouldnt end up in my favor, most likely Id be dead, but not without a fight. Sad state the country is in when in is engrained in people mentality to "lay on the floor" when someone home invades you in the middle of the night. Sheep. OP, take the advice and go in person to the local law enforcement office and speak to a supervisor.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #45
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack View Post
People saying "if you get any visits at 3am, just lay on the floor" is pretty unsettling. Sorry but I dont care who you are, you come to my house at 3 am to "visit" something bad is going to happen. I am not a criminal and have no reason not to think that my home was being invaded by people wanting to do harm to my family. I will defend myself. Probably wouldnt end up in my favor, most likely Id be dead, but not without a fight. Sad state the country is in when in is engrained in people mentality to "lay on the floor" when someone home invades you in the middle of the night. Sheep. OP, take the advice and go in person to the local law enforcement office and speak to a supervisor.
I'm pretty sure the "lay on the floor" was meant to reflect a police raid arresting OP for some type of warrant (correct me if I'm wrong and I hope this is not the case)

If the people coming at 3 AM are not in fact police officers then by all means protect yourself. But it would not be a good idea to get this mixed up and get into a confrontation with the police at your house at 3 AM.
I hope this is pretty common sense...
Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #46
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Someone cant take a joke.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #47
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhn83 View Post
I'm pretty sure the "lay on the floor" was meant to reflect a police raid arresting OP for some type of warrant (correct me if I'm wrong and I hope this is not the case)

If the people coming at 3 AM are not in fact police officers then by all means protect yourself. But it would not be a good idea to get this mixed up and get into a confrontation with the police at your house at 3 AM.
Door busts open and all you hear is the feet from several armed men charging at you at 3 AM, lay on the floor is the worst advise I would think. If it puts you at ease to hear one of them say "Police department, lay on the floor" then by all means, but what stops the assailants from saying it too ? I always keep several loaded firearms within 10 foot or so of my bed just in case.

But to help the OP, it sounds like an officer is harassing you, maybe from you two bumping heads when he was off duty at a bar? Maybe you slept with his wife / girlfriend? Do you have any children that interact with his children (that you know of)? There are too many variables.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #48
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
But to help the OP, it sounds like an officer is harassing you, maybe from you two bumping heads when he was off duty at a bar? Maybe you slept with his wife / girlfriend? Do you have any children that interact with his children (that you know of)? There are too many variables.
Haha...a little info. Eric doesnt drink, or go to bars, or have kids, or have sex with anyone
Old 07-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #49

bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Door busts open and all you hear is the feet from several armed men charging at you at 3 AM, lay on the floor is the worst advise I would think. If it puts you at ease to hear one of them say "Police department, lay on the floor" then by all means, but what stops the assailants from saying it too ? I always keep several loaded firearms within 10 foot or so of my bed just in case.

Good point, just better figure out damn quick if the guy you are sighting in on is a cop or punk.
It's just scary to think that the people that are supposed to protect us are only human and hold grudges just like the rest of us.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #50
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Lol lies, gay sex is still sex. Just more gross
That I wouldnt know about. If he swings that way it would be news to me.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #51
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar situation. I bought a house from the bank in July of 2009. The previous owner was a home developer who went BK and was a defendant in multiple suits. Cop shows up at my door and addresses me in the previous owners name. "No I'm not him." Who are you he asks? I politely tell him I'm the new owner of the house. "I bought it from the bank a year earlier." He leaves. He comes back two days later and this time asks me If I'm the guy he's looking for again. I ask him if he has a copy of the previous owners driver's license. You know, were it shows he's looking for a 70 year old guy who's 6'4 and about 280 pounds? He declines to answer me and leaves.

He comes back on a Sat. around 7 am as me and a pal are loading the mountain bikes into the back of my truck. We'd talked about my interaction with the cop earlier in the week. My friend is also my lawyer with 25 years of experience. I greet that cop and ask him if he'd found the previous owner. Cop says no and that he's not yet convinced the doesn't live here anymore. My lawyer tells him to check with the post office to see where he's forwarded his mail to. Didn't see the cop again. Lawyer friend spends the next hour explaining to me why no one should ever to talk to the police under any circumstances. Reminded me of the video above.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #52
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhn83 View Post

As another has said, how do you know who it is busting down your door? Oh thats right because everyone always identifies themselves before they raid your home. Not trying to start anything, but critical thinking is as valuable as common sense.

Also, sorry I dont think the police officer was "joking". I think he was giving perfectly reasonable advice from the perspective of the LE team who is doing the raid. I just think it is porr advice from a private citizens perspective.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #53
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I think next time he knocks you should say without opening the door, "you'll never take me alive copper!"
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #54
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and then set off some black cats.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #55
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
I think next time he knocks you should say without opening the door, "you'll never take me alive copper!"
+1 to you sir!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #56
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Get a box of Dunkin Doughnuts and see how long you can get him to hang out. Think McLovin!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #57
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, Curt is in the upper Tacoma World panel!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #58
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I might have to sig this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Cop comes to my house...-noname.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #59
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
I'd want to find out why a police officer keeps coming to my house obviously looking for someone you don't know
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #60
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stowayman View Post
I'd want to find out why a police officer keeps coming to my house obviously looking for someone you don't know
Simple, they have listed your address at some point and their current whereabouts are unknown.