Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

On Duty Backups

Old 09-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
On Duty Backups

How many of you LEO's carry backups out there?

Any what type of holsters have you found work/dont work?

I have a g26 and I'm thinking of going with the Galco Ankle Glove or an Alessi ankle holster but Ive never worn an ankle holster and I'm not really sure how thats gonna work out. Are there any options out there for strapping it up to your body armor?

Amy suggestions/stories/experiences?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
How many of you LEO's carry backups out there?

Any what type of holsters have you found work/dont work?

I have a g26 and I'm thinking of going with the Galco Ankle Glove or an Alessi ankle holster but Ive never worn an ankle holster and I'm not really sure how thats gonna work out. Are there any options out there for strapping it up to your body armor?

Amy suggestions/stories/experiences?
Im not a LEO, But i did deploy to iraq and my back up was a Beretta 92f. I attached it to my tac vest via a quik disconnect male/ female serpa (black hawk. But now i carry a second concealed (as PPS) in a belly band type compression underwear. for IWB. the first is usually in a shoulder holster or blackhack cqc
Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I know several guys who carry on their vest under their uniform shirts...but all of them have had their wives sew holsters onto the vest carrier...i use an uncle mikes ankle holster for my j-frame

I also have a galco ankle holster that works well, but it seems to be more suited for off duty or low boots...the uncle mikes will fit around my boot but the galco wont
Old 09-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
I carried my Glock-27 in one of these: http://bugpocket.com

Bought it through the CHP Academy PX.

Ray
Old 09-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the suggestions! I like the vest attachment and now its just a matter of figuring out the best way to do it. I like the BUG Pocket and may go with that but Ive read mixed reviews on it so far. Ill see what I can find.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I carried my Glock-27 in one of these: http://bugpocket.com

Bought it through the CHP Academy PX.

Ray
Beat me to it. Someone showed me the B.U.G. holster the other day, and I thought it was pretty cool. I don't know if I want to swap my zippered shirt to velcro, though. I'm still thinking about doing a vest holster or putting a pocket holster on my weak hand side for a 380 KelTec or Ruger. Right now I carry a blade hidden on both sides in case someone gets on top of me fighting for my gun.

I carried a Glock 27 strapped down tight in an ankle holster for about a week until I had to chase someone. I didn't like the extra weight on my ankle, and I figured it would be harder to draw than other options.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
Goldstar225 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tom
Goldstar225's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a S&W 642 in a Galco Ankle Glove and previously carried a Glock 27 in one as well. Never a problem. It's remained secure through foot pursuits, fights and fence jumping. If ankle carry is not your cup of tea, the holster used for an Uncle Mikes Belley Band will work well with your vest side straps threaded through it.