Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Technicalities....Is it true?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #21
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Technicalities used to be a "gimmie" but those days are long gone.
Used to be able to get it dismissed if they had the cross street wrong. Now tickets are amended all the time.

Fight it and hope the cop doesn't show up, most likely dismissed, otherwise, pay the fine.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #22
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SuperwhiteTRD View Post
(snip) I have heard that you can get them reduced or thrown out if wrong info is on the ticket (snip)
The ticket won't be dismissed because of a wrong address. Whatever the address, your wife was still speeding.

By the way, you need to update the address information on your drivers license/vehicle registration. You could be ticketed for having the wrong info.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #24
donson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddonson6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
donson6's Tacoma Gallery
I lived in Chicago in the mid-80's and got lots of tickets. The court rooms were so full of people, that they would call 15 people that got speeding tickets up to the bench at one time. The judge would look at us and say "slow down, cases dismissed" They would clear the whole court room in 15 minutes, they never really found anyone guilty. Those were the good old days, now go to court and your found guilty and now it's $150 buck extra for court cost, all about the $$$
Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #25
ftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the roughftttu is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: K
ftttu's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Texas, you can ask to take a defensive driving class. Call the court and ask about that before your actual court date.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #26
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: George
11SuperwhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
The ticket won't be dismissed because of a wrong address. Whatever the address, your wife was still speeding.

By the way, you need to update the address information on your drivers license/vehicle registration. You could be ticketed for having the wrong info.
her liscense has the right address.. see when you have an out of state liscense say for example oregon and we are currently in north carolina the issuing states sends a sticker when you update your address through the dmv. hers and mine have both addresses listed.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed you're in the Marine Corps, likely at Camp Lejeune, which explains why you have an out-of-state license while residing in North Carolina. That's not the norm state-wide, so the officer likely did the best he could with the addresses on that ticket form. The court will certainly not fault him for that.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #28
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Just noticed you're in the Marine Corps, likely at Camp Lejeune, which explains why you have an out-of-state license while residing in North Carolina. That's not the norm state-wide, so the officer likely did the best he could with the addresses on that ticket form. The court will certainly not fault him for that.
yeah i figured. everyone makes mistakes..it would be nice not to part with this 218 dollars but i think the route we will go is call and see about the defensive driver course(in oregon they do or did a similar thing) and if not i will have to send her with cash and hope for the best in the mean time going to call insurance company to see if this single ticket will do much. thanks for all the input from everyone.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #29

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Technicalities used to be a "gimmie" but those days are long gone.
Used to be able to get it dismissed if they had the cross street wrong. Now tickets are amended all the time.

Fight it and hope the cop doesn't show up, most likely dismissed, otherwise, pay the fine.
i have heard this a lot over the years thats why i was asking...also just throwing this out there not sure if it works but i have heard from a friend i used to know that he would mail in a check for over the amount so the court would have to send back change(also in the form of a check) and he would never cash it thus never completing the charge and it never hitting his insurance.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #30
OBXTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: JL
OBXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would also check into what is called a "Prayer for Judgment". In essence (I'm no lawyer), you appear in court and ask for a continuance of sorts. I believe after a period of time (not sure), you appear back before the court and if there has been no other infractions, in most cases the charge will be disposed of. I'd certainly give the court a call and ask.