Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Technicalities....Is it true?

Old 09-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
Name: George
11SuperwhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Technicalities....Is it true?

Ok so my wife got a ticket here in North Carolina the other day for doing 60 in a 45. So my question is are technicalities worth going to court and trying to get the ticket dismissed. Ok was she speeding yeah i get that She was wrong..My question came about do to some weird things that go in this state.. It started because we received two letters from two different attorneys that would represent her for a small fee for 150 plus fees. The attorneys had the wrong address. So I checked the ticket and sure enough the Officer put the number from line one(oregon address) with street name of line two( NC address). So I have heard that you can get them reduced or thrown out if wrong info is on the ticket but I have never been lucky enough to have this happen to me and during my early 20's I had WAY more than my fair share of tickets. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
own up to the mistake or the lesson wont be learned
Old 09-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of11SuperwhiteTRD has much to be proud of

Marines:
ok so do i own up to it and pay or do i take it in and show them their mistake and make them own up to it... i don't care about the ticket..this is the only one we have on our record. not worried about insurance...also i just read the amount for the ticket and the fine is 30 dollars but court fees are 188..is that normal also? so essentially its saying hey you were speading you owe us 30 bucks but to pay that bill you owe us 6 times that amount.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need a Lawyer to plead guilty. I'd go in uniform to Court with Her. I would hope any reasonable excuse (like She had to get Home to see you" will reduce the problem greatly.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #5

Marines:
i wish there was a valid excuse for the ticket. but there isn't. she was just following the car in front of her and she got it. it was out in a rural area where the speed limit changes from unposted to 45 and down to a 35. i am not the type to pull the military card besides that wouldnt work here since its a huge military town.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #6

Marines:
oh and i am not getting the lawyer.. the letters said 150 plus court fees and they might be able to lesson the charge... well lets say he cant now i owe him 150 and the court 218... that doesnt make any sense.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Just pay it.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dude if you just go and pay for it and not try to fight it they will probably cut a break.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #9

Marines:
thats most likely what is going to happen.. this wasnt meant to be a "how do i get out of a ticket" thread. just is it possible and if it is sweet i get to save 218 dollars.. i didnt know they had the wrong address until the lawyers letters showed up to the house.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #10

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
dude if you just go and pay for it and not try to fight it they will probably cut a break.
this was the original plan. she was wrong for speeding and the ticket sucks but it is the only one we have. and around ball time excellent not like i have to save a couple hundred dollars to get the blues looking good, get a hotel room and pay a crap load of money for a ok meal at best.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SuperwhiteTRD View Post
thats most likely what is going to happen.. this wasnt meant to be a "how do i get out of a ticket" thread. just is it possible and if it is sweet i get to save 218 dollars.. i didnt know they had the wrong address until the lawyers letters showed up to the house.

yea i got ya man. haha

back in 2007 i went to the desert and got a citation for no proof on insurance(my mistake) i went to court with my proof to show i had insurance and the officer wrote the wrong model year on the vehicle and they dropped it.

and last year i was hunting squirrels and was shooting over a road i had no idea existed. blm wrote me a citation after showing me the road lol(i felt like a dumbass)

went to court and didnt fight it in anyway and they reduced the fine by a couple hundred bucks
Old 09-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #12

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
yea i got ya man. haha

back in 2007 i went to the desert and got a citation for no proof on insurance(my mistake) i went to court with my proof to show i had insurance and the officer wrote the wrong model year on the vehicle and they dropped it.

and last year i was hunting squirrels and was shooting over a road i had no idea existed. blm wrote me a citation after showing me the road lol(i felt like a dumbass)

went to court and didnt fight it in anyway and they reduced the fine by a couple hundred bucks
yeah i used to get a metric sh!t ton of tickets when i was younger one also for no insurance.. also i used to be a repossession agent and we never wore seatbelts in our tow truck or repo'd vehicles and i got like 4 seatbelt tickets in a week in my girlfriends car..most of which were in the 711 parking lot that i used to get iced tea at and one literaly 2 houses down from her house all on the way to work..anyway this was the first one that i would have a chance at if it was true.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #13

well hopefully they will do what the guy did in the desert and say fuck it just go home haha
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #14

Marines:
yeah that would be nice.. also you talkin bout ocotillo? i miss that place and telegraph canyon.....and well all of sd lol
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SuperwhiteTRD View Post
yeah that would be nice.. also you talkin bout ocotillo? i miss that place and telegraph canyon.....and well all of sd lol

i was at buttercup.

thanksgiving. i bypassed a check point following my buddies in a buggy(first time there and didnt wanna get lost) and got pulled over.

cop thought i was drinking.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
If you show up and own up they will (usually) lessen the penalty. show responsibility you even took time out of your day and and showed up. not to mention if you guys have a clean record elsewise they might be very forgiving to not assess point only the fine so your insurance doesnt go up or lessen it to a non moving violation so there is no points and a lesser fine.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #17
TheSloth has a spectacular aura aboutTheSloth has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
TheSloth's Tacoma Gallery
Get the lawyer, they will probably get you an equipment failure. No points on license or insurance. If you plead guilty you will pay more than the extra 150 on insurance premiums over the next three years.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #18
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Canada tickets can get thrown out if the officer didn't ask what language you want. I would go to court present that it has the wrong info, should get thrown out and that depends on if the cop even shows up. If he doesn't show it should get thrown out aswell.

Only if the tickets here were just money I'd pay them but it means points off your license and higher rates.

It's worth it to go to court if the tickets incorrect
Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
staymates788 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: SEAN
staymates788's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I don't know how things work in NC or Oregon, where ever you may be.
Here in CA, and more specifically SoCal, where I'm at there are a few options:
1st, don't pay for an attorney, they are over priced and don't do anything you can't do yourself.

2nd) Go to court and ask the judge for a reduced fine for pleading guilty,
3rd) Contest (fight it) the citation and find the cop before trial, ask him to amend the speeding charge for a different charge that does not carry a point, like disobey an off road sign.
4th) Contest the citation and maybe the cop does not show up. No show = dismissed charge.

As to the incorrect address, the citation won't get dismissed here in CA for something like that.

There are more technical ways to try and get a speeding ticket dismissed here if it was obtained by radar or laser. But I don't know the rules in other states so I'm not going to get into them.

Best of luck
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #20
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Here the officer can amend the ticket while in court. Also if the officer does not show up for court it gets dismissed. So, i would at least go to court and the hearing judge might help you or your wife in this case, especially if she has a good driving record. She may get a withhold and no points. The insurance companies look at that also. I would say it's worth her time to show up and at least try. Here the defendant can always talk to the officer and ask them to tell the judge, they were cooperative and such and to hold the points or whatever.