Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Window Tint. Any CA LE want to sign off my fix it ticket?

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Window Tint. Any CA LE want to sign off my fix it ticket?

Got pulled over by the CHP the other day for tinted windows on the driver and front passenger window of my 4runner. The tint is about 50%
His reasoning was that window tint violations have gotten "out of control" lately in Santa Cruz county and they've been asked to crack down on it.

Nice enough officer. He didn't give me a hard time or anything, just wrote me a fix it ticket.

Now, what is the reasoning behind the window tint laws in California?

Is it just a money making scheme?
I can think of three reasons besides that:

1) The tint obstructs my view outside the vehicle.
--however, I can wear sunglasses if I want and not get pulled over for that. yes, there is night time, but hey, I can wear sunglasses at night and not get pulled over for that either. And also, how much time do we spend looking out the side of the window. Dark tint doesn't really obstruct the drivers vision unless there is a light on inside the car. Realistically, if there's a light on inside the car, it doesn't matter if there's tint, it's going to obstruct the driver's view.

2) Tint makes it difficult for officers to identify the driver.
--motorcyclist may wear tinted visors and a helmet. This obviously obstructs the view of the rider from the officers. So, why not outlaw the use of tinted visors and helmets?

3) Tint makes it difficult for officers to view whether or not the driver is wearing their seat belt and or using a hand held device.
--The tint law was in effect before the seat belt law and before the hand held device law.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a law abiding citizen that just likes the look of tint on my black truck. No harm intended.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
So your going to ask a LEO to lie about being fixed?

Old 10-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
I too am confused by the title

Old 10-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure where ur trying to go with this thread but im pretty sure its just another way to bend u over and stick it to u with no vaseline..

Dont think any leo will help u out wih this, u aint a member of yhe good ol boys club. Most of them break the same laws they claim to enforce anyways..

Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
i can sign it for you

Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh heavens no.

I'm only asking someone to take an anonymous stand against one of the many ridiculous and pointless vehicle codes that only prove to annoy and rob the time of the rest of us law abiding citizens.

Specifically any LEO that disagrees with the CHP's overzealous handing out of chicken shit tickets.

And I know they're out there.

I've driven by the county Sheriffs out here plenty of times without a bat of an eye from them over my tinted windows. That's because they have better, more important things to do than hand out bullshit traffic tickets. Like track down criminals and rid the streets of people that threaten the well being and safety of the rest of us.

PM me. I give you my sworn word that I the vehicle no longer violates any reasonable vehicle codes.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Pretty much, total BS, think youre special and different then the rest of us and deserve special treatment, ya...this will fly.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Obvious Illegal troll is obvisouly illegal. Don't post stuff like this again. On the internet asking an officer to lie and offering to lie under oath yourself...nice.

Closed Thread