Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Why Window Tint law?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, I see a fence line being balanced...
Old 10-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #22
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Are there the same tint laws in NV??

If not, I think CA is about to lose another tax payer.

35% on the fronts

rears anything

Not going to say tint is a reason to move but combined with the rest... maybe. If you love freedom and all free things, and vote that way, come on over.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Certain aftermarket tints are put on in such a way that it alters the way the original glass is intended to break.

Tint is for safety, perhaps you are going down the road at night, come to a stop and look both ways. Then you go. And BOOM! Because you only have 50% of the light coming through your own glass, you didn't see the drunk driver that had no lights on!

Almost all states have tint laws. Almost all states, the tint is NOT probable cause to stop. You may have gotten pulled over for something else, and had your tint inspected.

What about the laws that govern altering your suspension system from stock? Or removing your mud flaps?

These laws all have safety in mind. Are you responsible for your own safety? YES. But are you responsible if you violate a law that you knew was in place? YES.

Agreed from the occupants safety aspect, however , for the officers safety that is pulling the offender over I feel that is more important.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #24
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously? It's not that hard to figure out. Law enforcement wants to be able to see inside the vehicle when driving by / approaching a vehicle on a traffic stop. Don't want someone grabbing or pointing a weapon at an officer without them knowing about it.

It's not a fucking government conspiracy. It's public safety.

Matt
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #25
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Certain aftermarket tints are put on in such a way that it alters the way the original glass is intended to break.
Ok.. so what about rear passengers with tint on the rear side windows? The state doesn't care about them then?

Quote:
Tint is for safety, perhaps you are going do the road at night, come to a stop and look both ways. Then you go. And BOOM! Because you only have 50% of the light coming through your own glass, you didn't see the drunk driver that had no lights on!
Ok, I get that. That's a valid point. But, it's a risk I'm willing to take. What are the chances that not only do I get broad sided by a drunk driver, but that I get broad sided at night, AND that window tint was the deciding factor? I know what the chances are. Next to none. I have a better chance of being attacked by a shark when I go surfing.

This law is excessive. We have enough laws already.

Quote:
Almost all states have tint laws. Almost all states, the tint is NOT probable cause to stop. You may have gotten pulled over something else, and had you tint inspected.
Nope, just got pulled over for tint only. Good to know though.

Quote:
What about the laws that govern altering your suspension system from stock? Or removing your mud flaps?
Didn't know about the suspension laws. I do know about the mud flap laws though. Been nailed for that one before.

Quote:
These laws all have safety in mind. Are you responsible for your own safety? YES. But are you responsible if you violate a law that you knew was in place? YES.
Since I'm responsible for my own safety, let me tint my windows.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Agreed from the occupants safety aspect, however , for the officers safety that is pulling the offender over I feel that is more important.
Oh I agree with officer safety 100%. Just trying to not bring "officer safety" into this because in the LEO realm, that phrase is getting hugely over used and cops are going to court and having case law made against them because they violated rights based on the premise of "officer safety".

If officer safety is a legitimate concern (driver has hands under his leg sitting in the seat, after repeated commands to show hands and put hands on steering wheel, he reaches into the passenger seat) then that can be articulated.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #27
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
The reason for not allowing tinted windows other than factory made glass, is safety.
In case of an accident the glass will break in many small pieces, the tinted glass will fly in you-re head direction in one piece....being hold together by the tinting film.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #28
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Seriously? It's not that hard to figure out. Law enforcement wants to be able to see inside the vehicle when driving by / approaching a vehicle on a traffic stop. Don't want someone grabbing or pointing a weapon at an officer without them knowing about it.

It's not a fucking government conspiracy. It's public safety.

Matt

uh. Get on the loud horn and ask the driver to roll down the windows.
resolved.

..and the rear passengers in the car where the tint is allowed, never ever would carry a fire arm or point one at an officer. Right?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbibi View Post
The reason for not allowing tinted windows other than factory made glass, is safety.
In case of an accident the glass will break in many small pieces, the tinted glass will fly in you-re head direction in one piece....being hold together by the tinting film.

Then explain why it's not enforced for the rear passenger windows?
Old 10-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #30
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
uh. Get on the loud horn and ask the driver to roll down the windows.
resolved.

..and the rear passengers in the car where the tint is allowed, never ever would carry a fire arm or point one at an officer. Right?
Oh we do do this. Because they have dark tint against the law, we never know what other laws they're breaking.

We may even call you out of the car!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #31
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
I see what you're doing here.

Frank
Old 10-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then explain why it's not enforced for the rear passenger windows?
I repeat, the factory tinted window doesn't include a film to hold the panel in one piece.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #33
Time Traveler

Quote:
I repeat, the factory tinted window doesn't include a film to hold the panel in one piece.
Then why not write tickets for the rear windows when they're obviously tinted beyond factory?

I'm leaning more towards the officer safety thing.

And the minority thing.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #34
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
When u get blown away for having front windows tinted and you have your insurance and ID in hand they will still justify it by being in the interest of "officer safety"
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't believe that. I'd think the glass will still shatter but the pieces will be held together, which I would think would be safer than glass shrapnel flying around.

I'd like to see some sort of source on that.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #36

Law Enforcement:
I've made my points, good luck Marty.

If you move to another state, you'll probably find some other bullshit law to complain about.

Maybe it'll be for unsafe backing and you get a ticket for it. Or parking more then 12 inches from the curb. Or running over a fire hose.

Perhaps you'll get a parking ticket because your meter ran out 2 minutes before you got out of the store.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
Time Traveler

Quote:
I've made my points, good luck Marty.

If you move to another state, you'll probably find some other bullshit law to complain about.

Maybe it'll be for unsafe backing and you get a ticket for it. Or parking more then 12 inches from the curb. Or running over a fire hose.

Perhaps you'll get a parking ticket because your meter ran out 2 minutes before you got out of the store.

lol thanks.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #38
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #39
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
another thing to considers is that other drivers cant see where you're looking in traffic, like if you're pulling out but your tint is supah dahhhk, nobody can tell if you're looking at them or not to let you go
Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #40
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then why not write tickets for the rear windows when they're obviously tinted beyond factory?

I'm leaning more towards the officer safety thing.

And the minority thing.
I think you're just bitching because you knowing broke the law, got caught, and are now trying to come up with any justifiable excuse that the rest of us will buy so you can at least claim some moral victory. Pay your damn ticket and grow up.

And why start another thread about this after your questionable solution to this money draining ticket got locked?

Frank