Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Why Window Tint law?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
lol thanks.

They are all laws lol!

In Colorado the date stickers for your rear plate have to be on in a certain way, year on the bottom right, month on the bottom left. Does it make sense? Not really, but that's what the DOT decided.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #42
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #43
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #45
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I believe it's only $5 a window to remove tint . I'm running the lightest tint on my truck
It's free with a razor blade
Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #46
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then why not write tickets for the rear windows when they're obviously tinted beyond factory?

I'm leaning more towards the officer safety thing.

And the minority thing.
How is it minority or "race" profiling when officers can't see in the car in the first place? And if you seriously have been given a ticket for "mud flaps" or lack there of.....You probably were seen as an asshole by the issuing party. Theres no reason to analyze it. Laws are written but not enforced unless passed by a majority vote. So, you may not agree with the validity of such a law but that just means you are in disagreement with the majority vote. Sometimes life's a bitch. I pull people over for tint ALL THE TIME! For the simple fact that I really just wanna see what or who is in the car. And if it's a "rental" car with tint...well...."Start another car"
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #47
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I believe it's only $5 a window to remove tint . I'm running the lightest tint on my truck

i had the lightest tint on mine but i had it removed a week after i got my truck.

i liked the tint but not enough to give them a reason to pull me over for a fix it ticket.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #49
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Oh I agree with officer safety 100%. Just trying to not bring "officer safety" into this because in the LEO realm, that phrase is getting hugely over used and cops are going to court and having case law made against them because they violated rights based on the premise of "officer safety".

If officer safety is a legitimate concern (driver has hands under his leg sitting in the seat, after repeated commands to show hands and put hands on steering wheel, he reaches into the passenger seat) then that can be articulated.

well I will bring the LEO safety thing into it, as much as most give LE BS they do protect us. typically I roll all my windows down, remove my sunglasses if needed and let the officers/agents have a clear view of the inside of the cab, usually I get a chat about certain possible issues and nothing more, even a thank you from time to time.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #50
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post

Tint is for safety, perhaps you are going down the road at night, come to a stop and look both ways. Then you go. And BOOM! Because you only have 50% of the light coming through your own glass, you didn't see the drunk driver that had no lights on!
Agree 100%. I had 35% tint on my front windows on a past vehicle. Never again. Night visibility sucked. Limo tint would be suicide.

I also totally understand the officer safety issue. We just lost a CHP officer in the SF Bay Area. He was shot as he walked up to a vehicle on a routine stop. The way I heard the story, window tint wasn't an issue, but it's the same situation, really. He couldn't see the guy's hands. Of course, the criminals are still going to do it, and the cops are still going to pull them over, so you could say that a tint law isn't going to save officer's lives.......
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #51
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
How is it minority or "race" profiling when officers can't see in the car in the first place? And if you seriously have been given a ticket for "mud flaps" or lack there of.....You probably were seen as an asshole by the issuing party. Theres no reason to analyze it. Laws are written but not enforced unless passed by a majority vote. So, you may not agree with the validity of such a law but that just means you are in disagreement with the majority vote. Sometimes life's a bitch. I pull people over for tint ALL THE TIME! For the simple fact that I really just wanna see what or who is in the car. And if it's a "rental" car with tint...well...."Start another car"
I'll completely disagree here, that or CHP can just tell I'm an asshole by the truck I drive. I've been pulled over by CHP for exactly that reason and nothing else. Also been pulled over by CHP for window tint...and nothing else. I learned my lesson when I was a kid, I'm always polite, cooperative with peace officers regardless of the reason. I get pulled over, windows go down, dome light goes on (if at night) and hands stay at 10 and 2 until asked otherwise.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #52
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Since I'm responsible for my own safety, let me tint my windows.

Trouble with that is you may not hurt yourself, but another driver when you pull into their path. There's an old quote somewhere: "your freedom to move your arm ends where my nose begins."
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #53

fo sho.

also im sure LEO's have posted before about this

but if you get pulled over you should roll down all your windows and turn on your cab lights to help them out if its dark.

im sure they will appreciate the gesture and may be more likely to let ya go with a warning.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #54
OffRdn916 is on a distinguished road
OffRdn916's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Roll down window and hold hands out if you have tint? Seems simple enough to me.
Common sense has no place here in the forums, dont ya know?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #55
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Trouble with that is you may not hurt yourself, but another driver when you pull into their path. There's an old quote somewhere: "your freedom to move your arm ends where my nose begins."
Let me restrict your arms.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #56
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
fo sho.

also im sure LEO's have posted before about this

but if you get pulled over you should roll down all your windows and turn on your cab lights to help them out if its dark.

im sure they will appreciate the gesture and may be more likely to let ya go with a warning.
Nope...not in CA.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Nope...not in CA.

well ive been let go twice....
Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I'll completely disagree here, that or CHP can just tell I'm an asshole by the truck I drive. I've been pulled over by CHP for exactly that reason and nothing else. Also been pulled over by CHP for window tint...and nothing else. I learned my lesson when I was a kid, I'm always polite, cooperative with peace officers regardless of the reason. I get pulled over, windows go down, dome light goes on (if at night) and hands stay at 10 and 2 until asked otherwise.
I'll retract "Probably" and insert "coulda"

I can only speak on what I do. Not what others do so yes I will agree with you in here. I wasn't always a cop and I have my share of tix that I thought were completely ridiculous but when it comes down too it.....Oh well, I got caught...life goes on. Do I speed...YES...do I give speeding tix....YES. Are my windows tinted to allow only 13%...YES. Flip side of that is that I probably give 95% warnings. Same for tint, license plate lights, etc. etc.

Yes OP got a tix for tint.....How many things have been done on his watch that he didn't catch anything for? Grow up. And seriously...you started another thread when your first one was locked for asking LEO to lie for you... Proves character right there...
Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
skeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really niceskeeet is just really nice

Name: Pete
skeeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
$25 what planet r u from? After the court tacks on every fee know to man that ticket probably runs you closer to a few hundred dollars
Nope just 25 flat. I had 5% and got 3 tickets before I finally had enough. It got to the point to where I would drive with my front windows down in the rain! Realized they arent worth it and peeled them off.

And I'd guess it's for the safety of the cops too. A person could be aiming a gun straight at them, but can't be seen due to dark tint.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #60
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Ahh...I guess the headlights for cars in New Mexico are brighter where their side window tint allowance is 25%.