Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

LEO's in MA..serious question on window tint.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
LEO's in MA..serious question on window tint.

I just bought my '10 Tacoma regular cab. I drove a 2006 Chevy Colorado prior and it had a tint on the rear window from the factory, so I'm not sure what level it was.

What is the MA law on rear window tint? I highly doubt I'd do the side windows but just in case what is it for side?

While I'm here what are the generally seen numbers for tint..as in starts at xx and goes up to xx
Old 10-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
From mass DMV site

What are the specifications for aftermarket window tinting?
For most vehicles, aftermarket tinting that registers at least 35% on a tint meter on side windows immediately adjacent to the driver and front passenger seats, and side windows immediately to the rear of the operator and passenger, is acceptable. The rear window may be tinted to the 35% level, but the vehicle must be equipped with two outside rear view mirrors. The windshield may only be tinted down to the AS-1 line, which is usually located in the uppermost (6) inches of the windshield.