Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

got poped at 102. weeeeee

Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #101
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
I guess surely wasn't a good word to use. I think everyone should get the 100+ ticket.

Just be glad this happened OP. Take Traffic school and be done with it. Don't have to worry about getting an insurance hike for another year. Unless you get another ticket. That being said knock on wood I hope I dont get a ticket after talking about tickets.
Its kind of funny because i was talking about my good driving record a couple of days before lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #102
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess that's what I was trying to get at, give everyone the 100 over ticket or all of the only 5 over. Not just some the 100 over and some the 5 over.

I think a trip to jail for going 100 would definitely hinder the person to go over 100 again. My old roomate got a DUI, went to jail and never thinks once about driving under the influence again. And I bet the majority of the population would feel that way.
Stats show that the average DUI driver drives drunk over 80 times a year. One single DUI driver drives drunk 80 times a year!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #103
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
You dont even know who i am nor where i was when speeding or my past record. It all comes into play.
You are very right, I was statistically speaking.

Sorry about that
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #104
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Stats show that the average DUI driver drives drunk over 80 times a year. One single DUI driver drives drunk 80 times a year!!!
I guess in my experience with my friends who have been DUI or suspected of DUI, they always make sure they don't drive if they are going to drink.

But I rarely drink and San Diego has check points very often throughout the year. I wonder what the stats is after they get a DUI or is that?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #105
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
And just to throw this out there, I'm not trying to piss anyone off or step on toes, its just an interesting discussion and I can understand both sides.

I've seen a lot of good arguments.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #107
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Its kind of funny because i was talking about my good driving record a couple of days before lol.
Seriously knock on wood. I usually get a ticket once a year for something stupid, not paying attention to a speed change, going 80 on my motorcycle in a 65 when I can just let off the throttle and go 65, etc. And this is about the time. I better drive slower than normal haha.

Maybe I am just butt hurt you get let off and I don't lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
And just to throw this out there, I'm not trying to piss anyone off or step on toes, its just an interesting discussion and I can understand both sides.

I've seen a lot of good arguments.
+1
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #109
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess in my experience with my friends who have been DUI or suspected of DUI, they always make sure they don't drive if they are going to drink.

But I rarely drink and San Diego has check points very often throughout the year. I wonder what the stats is after they get a DUI or is that?
MOST, not all, DUI drivers are repeat offenders. That's why you get these guys driving around suspended with 4,5, or 6 DUI's...
Old 11-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #110
Quote:
MOST, not all, DUI drivers are repeat offenders. That's why you get these guys driving around suspended with 4,5, or 6 DUI's...
Ya these are all first time offenders. Jeez I think after 3 is quite much. Should have considerable jail time after that. Only can cheat death so many times......
Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #111
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
You are very right, I was statistically speaking.

Sorry about that
No worries.

Quote:
Seriously knock on wood. I usually get a ticket once a year for something stupid, not paying attention to a speed change, going 80 on my motorcycle in a 65 when I can just let off the throttle and go 65, etc. And this is about the time. I better drive slower than normal haha.

Maybe I am just butt hurt you get let off and I don't lol.
its wierd how it works. Just be safe.

Quote:
Thats what i was thinking. These people offten have a very serious alchol abuse problem that even getting a dui or 5 of them still doesnt stop them. They have to work on the addition
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #112
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess surely wasn't a good word to use. I think everyone should get the 100+ ticket.

Just be glad this happened OP. Take Traffic school and be done with it. Don't have to worry about getting an insurance hike for another year. Unless you get another ticket. That being said knock on wood I hope I dont get a ticket after talking about tickets.
I figured out the point you were trying to make and posted, but my wifi went crazy and lost it I guess. It's nice to see a discussion here that's prety civil.

Quote:
You have to admit.. most speeders are repeat offenders too. Not just ol granny coasting 10 over and not noticing, but people going 40+ over the limit. Like you said though, most. Sickeningly enough, I know someone who just got their license back a few months ago (still hasn't drove yet) after their 4th or 5th DUI. I think he should never be allowed to have a license.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #113
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The comparing of speeders to DUI's is wrong, the threat of a DUI charge will not stop someone who is committed to their alcoholism, I knew a guy who had 6 DUI's, still wouldn't stop and drank himself to death. I have met a lot of people like this and myself included before I quit drinking.