Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

got poped at 102. weeeeee

Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
got poped at 102. weeeeee

So i was driving quite fast at 1am in the middle of nowhere on the 8west. Leo was really cool and wrote me up at 5over. Probably because i didnt offer any bs excuse and that i was honest and respectful. Turned on dom lights, turned off car, lowered tints.

Question is, this is my first ticket. Should i go to traffic school so it doesnt affect my insurance? Not sure since he wrote me for only 5 over.

The leo was really cool. He could have hammered the shit out of me so i will not attempt to fight this. No reason too.

This happened in the Lexus is350. I will not drive the taco that fast.

Thanks for the input.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Knucklehead, yeah, take TS and slow the hell down, you insurance will punish you if you don't
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery

Take what you need and can get and keep your head down, you lucked out big time.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Knucklehead, yeah, take TS and slow the hell down, you insurance will punish you if you don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post

Take what you need and can get and keep your head down, you lucked out big time.
Sure did.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Wow, he must have been having a good day.
Its all about being respectful.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Its all about being respectful.
This is true, and not trying to argue that you weren't going that fast. Its up to the individual copper how he wants to deal with the situation though. Lol you came out on the good end of the deal.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
This is true, and not trying to argue that you weren't going that fast. Its up to the individual copper how he wants to deal with the situation though. Lol you came out on the good end of the deal.
Exactly. Why give a leo crap. Hes just trying to keep people safe. Problem with most people is that they wont own up to their actions.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
cglatz is on a distinguished road

cglatz's Tacoma Gallery
disclaimer: not a LEO, lawyer, etc etc, just another dummy who drives too fast once in a while.

Advice really depends on your state laws...

I got caught in Virginia going 84/70, and anything over 80 in VA regardless of the speed limit is reckless driving (which is treated pretty much the same as a DUI). I got a lawyer for 150, paid 80 in court fees, 60 for traffic school and I still came out way on top. Would have cost me so much more in insurance if I hadn't. The LEO who pulled me was kind of a jerk, but at the end of the whole thing he told me that he would make a note on the ticket that I was very polite and cooperative during the stop. So I think that helps a lot.

TL;DR: If it's your first offense, only 5 over, you were polite and courteous to the LEO, and you get a lawyer... you'll be just fine.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglatz View Post
disclaimer: not a LEO, lawyer, etc etc, just another dummy who drives too fast once in a while.

Advice really depends on your state laws...

I got caught in Virginia going 84/70, and anything over 80 in VA regardless of the speed limit is reckless driving (which is treated pretty much the same as a DUI). I got a lawyer for 150, paid 80 in court fees, 60 for traffic school and I still came out way on top. Would have cost me so much more in insurance if I hadn't. The LEO who pulled me was kind of a jerk, but at the end of the whole thing he told me that he would make a note on the ticket that I was very polite and cooperative during the stop. So I think that helps a lot.

TL;DR: If it's your first offense, only 5 over, you were polite and courteous to the LEO, and you get a lawyer... you'll be just fine.
No need to fight it. Written for 5 over but was 32 over in reality.

Just couriou if 5 over it worth traffic schol and how it would affect insurance.

Thsnks for the information though. Sounds like va law is harsh
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
No need to fight it.

Just couriou if 5 over it worth traffic schol and how it would affect insurance.

In Cali, if you are under 25, male and not married, you are what insurance companies call assigned risk, you get the highest rates automatically. With that being said, the full coverage on a vehicle is obviously more than with just comp alone. Having a point on your record will cost you more and if you are assigned risk and full coverage, maybe $50 a month or more. I had a ticket and a point from a minor accident on my record (from a previous car), which was two points on my record, i had to pay about $100 more a month for 2 1/2 years until that dropped off my record for full coverage and i am not assigned risk.
Do yourself a favor, take the traffic school and slow down, unless of course you like being screwed by insurance companies
Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
revised
Quote:
In Cali, if you are under 25, male and not married, you are what insurance companies call assigned risk, you get the highest rates automatically. With that being said, the full coverage on a vehicle is obviously more than with just comp alone. Having a point on your record will cost you more and if you are assigned risk and full coverage, maybe $50 a month or more. I had a ticket and a point from a minor accident on my record (from a previous car), which was two points on my record, i had to pay about $100 more a month for 2 1/2 years until that dropped off my record for full coverage and i am not assigned risk.
Do yourself a favor, take the traffic school and slow down, unless of course you like being screwed by insurance companies
Cool thanks for the info. Thats alot of increase in premiums.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Cool thanks for the info. Thats alot of increase in premiums.
Believe me dude, I had a helluva lead foot until my wallet began begging for mercy
Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
revised
Quote:
Believe me dude, I had a helluva lead foot until my wallet began begging for mercy
Lol. I normally dont speed but ahh the wifes car is just so fast and smooth.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #18
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know about other states, but neither Oregon or Kansas send tickets to insurance under 10 over the limit. I have 2 under 10 in a few years and my insurance company didn't say they saw them.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #19
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No need to fight it. Written for 5 over but was 32 over in reality.

As it should be for idiots out there thinking they own the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Don't know about other states, but neither Oregon or Kansas send tickets to insurance under 10 over the limit. I have 2 under 10 in a few years and my insurance company didn't say they saw them.
My insurance co checks driving record before re-newing every year. Son had a couple of accidents - not his fault, but they showed up on my re-newal form.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of small towns out here have speed traps and usually you just pay the 160 bucks and they keep it off your record.