Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Promoting Fitness at Work

Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Promoting Fitness at Work

Does your department or city do anything to promote fitness (exercising, eating well, etc) at work? We recently stopped doing our yearly obstacle course because a few people got hurt this year. I would think that is a clue that we should do MORE stuff, but I guess not. We have a gym, but the little equipment we have sucks. I pay for a gym membership because I can't stand working out there.
We get a stupid newsletter about being healthy once a month from an overweight woman in HR. I keep begging them to host more Krav Maga and sim rounds training to get people moving. We did Krav Maga for 8 hours a few months ago, and one guy threw up during the 15 minute warm up. It's depressing.

If you guys have any awesome programs, I might talk to my supervisors about implementing them. I keep putting "free trial" brochures for my gym all over HQ, and they get thrown away. I'm not asking for everyone to be a PT hoss, but be able to run half a mile, jump a fence, etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
My dept has it's own Crossfit gym
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
My dept has it's own Tim Hortons
Awesome