Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

I feel I was harrassed.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
I feel I was harrassed.

I went to superstition (local ohv area) by myself. I had wood still strapped to the top for my campsite. I saw a stuck toyhauler in some sand. Pulled him out and they offered for me to come hang out later. I told I would when he got his camp set up. I left going towards a street legal only dirt road and saw two vehicles doing about 40 mph (I think its 30mph limit) and whipped it into the flats area. I turned off my HIDs and slowed from 25 to about 10 mph to be polite. They did not. The first got within 5 ft of me on the passenger side, the second came straight at me with his bright headlights on and turned within about 15 ft. The first whipped around and followed me at about 5-10 ft. The second pulled right up the my passenger doors in a t-bone fashion the first one passed me then t-boned me from the driver side. They were only a few feet away on both sides. Then they both flipped bitches dusted me and hauled ass to the toyhauler I had pulled out. This is second hand, but they said that the rangers hauled ass into there camp all the spot lights on and harrassed them using the exact phase"we are looking for punk kids up to no good". Then asked about some offroad lights that were on. The couple said "you just passed him, that white explorer pulled us out" They then (which I could see now from where I was parked) took off about 50-60 mph down a sand finger to sit at good vantage point.

I can understand trying to see who I am, maybe run my plates. I was only really mad when they sat for an hour on that hill, which makes me believe they weren't looking for anyone particular.

But as officers was all that really necessary, or was I harrassed. Also, is it worth my time to call the office. I've called twice and keep getting voicemails with no call backs.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck waiting for a callback- or any satisfaction at all for that matter. Cops look out for each other first, and there's a lot of cowboys out there...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Garage View Post
Good luck waiting for a callback- or any satisfaction at all for that matter. Cops look out for each other first, and there's a lot of cowboys out there...
Thanks for the reply. Kind of what I thought. I also have a very unique vehicle and this is a small area so I am not really wanting to draw attention to myself, or make myself know.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I can't hardly make heads or tails of what happened but good luck ever fighting something like this or whatever you would like to do. They probably forgot about it already.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #5

I keep telling myself that the officers were needing/told to find someone and were called off by the radio. For the most part in this area the rangers are polite and don't do more than needed to keep the peace. I wasn't really going to fight anything. I might have a couple rock chips in my truck, but it is an offroad truck. I didn't even get pulled over. I have been flashed with the lights in this area before and told when I stopped "just giving you a look, thanks for stopping, have a good night".
Alot of people in my area "test there top speed in the other direction" when they see a ranger in the distance. A couple more of these instances and I might start joining them.

I was just going to say something to the office to get some closure, but I'll probably end up more mad at their response.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I can't hardly make heads or tails of what happened but good luck ever fighting something like this or whatever you would like to do. They probably forgot about it already.
x2. Kinda confused on what happened.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm confused too. I read it twice, still don't understand what happened.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 AM   #8

Basically I was driving 10 mph through an OHV open area and two officers drove straight at all four sides of my vehicle shining there headlights at me, getting within 5-10 ft on each side and then spun their tires leaving which dusted out my vehicle as well as projected rocks towards it. The events after is what lead me to believe that they were not looking for someone specific and that made me feel that they were checking me out, which I am totally OK with, I just thought that they were wreckless and aggressive if they were just "checking me out". Hopes this helps explain it.

I'm pretty much just over it now. Like I said before, in this specific area the law enforcement are pretty nice IMO. Other ohv areas I trully avoid just for the rangers, but this is my only bad experience with this jurisdiction.