Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

CA vehicle registration card question

Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
CA vehicle registration card question

I just renewed my registration through CA DMV's online system. I entered a change of address showing a PO Box for mailing purposes. Today, the registration showed up at my house. Not sure what happened.

My questions for those of you who are LEOs in CA: Is it possible to get a PO Box printed on my registration? How about my driver's license?

I understand that they still want my residence address on file. I'm not trying to fight that, I'm fine with it being in the database, just don't want it on anything that normally is in the truck, and I don't want it on anything that would be involved in an "exchange of information" in the event I get in an accident.

The back of the registration card states that I can keep a copy of it in the truck. What's going to happen if I cover my street address and then copy it? Is a LEO going to have an issue with that? Seems like a reasonable compromise. Not trying to hide from the cops, just the guy who rearended me and may have a screw loose.

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated. If it's just a matter of taking some time off work to go down to the DMV and deal with their BS, then that's okay. Just don't want to go down there and find out it can't be done.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
Down load and fill out this form: http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/dmv/dmv14.pdf

In case this link isn't working, here is the link: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/genfaq.htm#CHANGEADDRESS

I worked the road for 29+ years and had lots of PO box addresses on licenses and reg cards.

Ray
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Down load and fill out this form: http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/dmv/dmv14.pdf

In case this link isn't working, here is the link: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/genfaq.htm#CHANGEADDRESS

I worked the road for 29+ years and had lots of PO box addresses on licenses and reg cards.

Ray
Thanks. I've done the online thing and something didn't go right. I will print the paper form and go down there. At least I know it's possible now.