Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

The Lousy Cop

Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
The Lousy Cop

Well Mr Citizen
Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out.

I seem to fit neatly into the category where you've placed me.
I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical.

Unfortunately, the reverse is true, I can never figure you out.
From birth you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman,
then you're shocked when they identify with my traditional enemy... the criminal!

You accuse me of coddling criminals... until I catch your kids doing wrong.
You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day,
but point me out as a loafer for having one cup.

You pride yourself on your manners,
but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell with the guy who cuts you off in traffic,
but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You know all the traffic laws...
but you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve.

You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast to a call,
but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me,
but call it police brutality if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix,
yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else,
but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell something's got to be done to fight crime,
but you can't be bothered to get involved.

You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So, Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book,
but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends
on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me... the lousy cop!

The author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State Police, USA. He was killed in the line of duty two months after writing the article.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
For that. You know whats coming.

Truer word are seldom spoken.

Amazing how people this day in age lack the accountability.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
For that. You know whats coming.

Truer word are seldom spoken.

Amazing how people this day in age lack the accountability.
Tonite was the first time I've ever seen that...but its soo true...and I had to share it
Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
God bless him for his service to our country.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin03 View Post
God bless him for his service to our country.
x2 i appreciate anyone and everyone that has died doing their job to protect my freedoms, liberties and safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Helluva job they got there...I work side by side with officers at the mental hospital and always offer up some of whatever I brought for lunch or a snack. We have a good rapport with each other due to the fact that we look out for another on a daily basis. Our officers just recently got issued pepper spray, I hate reading charts on patients only to find out they are especially violent and immune to pepper spray.
its incredible the number of people who really are immune to pepper spray
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Problem Child
Racinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really niceRacinkid13 is just really nice

Racinkid13's Tacoma Gallery
To all the souls striving to create a safer community through protective services, I applaud thee. For when you do not come home, the world is truly a sadder place.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice post, Copper ;-)
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Nice one Tiger
I like cops. Including fish sandwich lovin cops.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop
Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Helluva job they got there...I work side by side with officers at the mental hospital and always offer up some of whatever I brought for lunch or a snack. We have a good rapport with each other due to the fact that we look out for another on a daily basis. Our officers just recently got issued pepper spray, I hate reading charts on patients only to find out they are especially violent and immune to pepper spray.
we use to have cops stationed at the mental hospital i worked at too. they were cool but i think we took way more of a beating than they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
its incredible the number of people who really are immune to pepper spray
i had no idea people were immune to it, that doesn't even makes sense. No immunity to bullets (reno 911 reference)!

btw, it would be nice if you took less donut and coffee brakes and took more "relentlessly beating middle schoolers who skip school" breaks....
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #13
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Very good post Jeff, thanks for sharing, I guess all of us have done the same sometimes...
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #14
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
Very good post Jeff, thanks for sharing, I guess all of us have done the same sometimes...
not me. but then again i'm alot better than you...
Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #15
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
As a cop In NYC one of the most liberal areas in one of the most liberal states. I can say that truer words have not been spoken. In the eyes of the public I am picking on the people that are just out there trying to survive. Nobody cares that the guy in handcuffs in front of me was grabbing a womans ass and talking filth to her in front of the lady's 16 yr old daughter. Its me making up bullshit to get my numbers. I blame T.V. movies and the countless parents who don't give a shit what there kids are doing untill I show up then they want to get involved but only to criticize me and the rest of us out there trying to help them. On another note the same is said for the U.S military men and women that are out there everday protecting us from evil nobody gives a shit about them untill something happens and then its why didn't you guys see this coming If everyone so good at these jobs and the ones that are doing it are so bad hike up your fuckin skirts and grab a gun and do the fuckin job.

Just a rant from a Cop/Fireman/Emt/Air force vet.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
not me. but then again i love me some male cops...
watch out jeff...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacoLI View Post
As a cop In NYC one of the most liberal areas in one of the most liberal states. I can say that truer words have not been spoken. In the eyes of the public I am picking on the people that are just out there trying to survive. Nobody cares that the guy in handcuffs in front of me was grabbing a womans ass and talking filth to her in front of the lady's 16 yr old daughter. Its me making up bullshit to get my numbers. I blame T.V. movies and the countless parents who don't give a shit what there kids are doing untill I show up then they want to get involved but only to criticize me and the rest of us out there trying to help them. On another note the same is said for the U.S military men and women that are out there everday protecting us from evil nobody gives a shit about them untill something happens and then its why didn't you guys see this coming If everyone so good at these jobs and the ones that are doing it are so bad hike up your fuckin skirts and grab a gun and do the fuckin job.

Just a rant from a Cop/Fireman/Emt/Air force vet.
nothing pisses me off more than when i see a police chase on tv. i think if you make the conscious decision to run from the cops, they should have the right to fire on you. wait until the road is clear or you're on a back road somewhere, and let the chopper unleash an unholy hail of gunfire until the car stops. criminals endanger the lives of citizens but the cops are neutered by lawsuits and "criminals rights" so they cant take the action they need to. if you can save a innocent life by killing a criminal, i say go for it. too bad most of America doesn't feel the same way
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nothing pisses me off more than when i see a police chase on tv. i think if you make the conscious decision to run from the cops, they should have the right to fire on you. wait until the road is clear or you're on a back road somewhere, and let the chopper unleash an unholy hail of gunfire until the car stops. criminals endanger the lives of citizens but the cops are neutered by lawsuits and "criminals rights" so they cant take the action they need to. if you can save a innocent life by killing a criminal, i say go for it. too bad most of America doesn't feel the same way
Ok. This is the SECOND time today that I 100% agree with you. Have you been drinking?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
watch out jeff...
damn you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ok. This is the SECOND time today that I 100% agree with you. Have you been drinking?
no but i'm AM tripping pretty hard...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #20
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
+ =