Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Has anyone seen this story yet?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone seen this story yet?

http://now.msn.com/dennys-tells-poli...ide-restaurant

Do we have any members in or near this town? I'd like to see every gun owner boycott Denny's over this incident if we can confirm it's truth. Of course that assumes that you go to Denny's to start with.

Ray
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
well then... dumb move
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post

Do we have any members in or near this town? I'd like to see every gun owner boycott Denny's over this incident if we can confirm it's truth. Of course that assumes that you go to Denny's to start with.
Franchised.

It may or may not be corporate policy, but it is most likely this specific franchisee... or even more likely, a manager that has more of a problem with cops than he does with guns.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
So, if they say this to cops, I wonder about people with concealed permits and a gun on them and say the restaurant was getting robbed. Would they tell them to take their gun outside? That's dumb.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
They are publicly opening themselves up to robbery. I doubt the police would be in any hurry to help nor have sympathy when it happens
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
This is in Illinois, a place where the courts just had to inform the state legislature that it was constitutional for people to get concealed carry licenses. So this does not surprise me one bit.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Why were they on duty and out of uniform ? I would feel uncomfortable also if I was at Denny's and seen a bunch of guys armed in street clothes .
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
i read this yesterday as well. I think the women who said that had to be a little short of a full brain. I would have informed the complaining customer that they need to deal with it or leave...after they ordered of course, so they would have to pay still
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Why were they on duty and out of uniform ? I would feel uncomfortable also if I was at Denny's and seen a bunch of guys armed in street clothes .
they were detectives. They dont usually wear unis out my way
Old 01-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
they were detectives. They dont usually wear unis out my way
My bad . I thought I seen that . Same here . Detectives usually wear suits . Their badge is usually on their waste somewhere . I'd like to have seen the badges visible atleast .
Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #12
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I guess Dennys hires idiots.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My bad . I thought I seen that . Same here . Detectives usually wear suits . Their badge is usually on their waste somewhere . I'd like to have seen the badges visible atleast .
How many clean-cut guys wearing suits and open-carrying guns are looking for trouble?

The guy that's open-carrying is going to be the last of my worries.
Especially now that it's illegal in CA, I'm going to assume that he's a cop even if he's wearing Levis and a Metallica t-shirt.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #14
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
]

You have a point Gabe, & maybe the management was trying to make a point (not sure what it would be ), they may not be anti gun at all.. Whats illinois stand on conceal/carry open/carry ?? As far as laws anyway ??

I'm just sayin' there may be another reason for the request, just trying to see all sides is all...
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
IHOP!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
]Whats illinois stand on conceal/carry open/carry ?? As far as laws anyway ??
California is the Wild West compared to Ill.

Zero civilian CCW... non-issue state.

I'm not familiar with IL open-carry laws, but Chicago had a complete ban on personal ownership of handguns (which brought us the MacDonald case).
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
IHOP!
This.

And their 55+ menu is the same as the regular menu, just a buck cheaper.

Denny's 55+ menu is a buck cheaper, and half the food.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post

Ray
Before everyone rushes off to boycott Denny's, do remember this was a single restaurant (in Belleville Illinois), not the entire Denny's restaurant chain. Most of the Denny's restaurants are franchisee-owned, meaning the franchise owner, not the Denny's Corporation, sets restaurant policies outside those agreed in the franchise contract. To boycott other restaurants would be to punish those businesses (and their employees) for something they had absolutely no involvement in.

Quote:
If you click on the "source" link under the article (or here), you'll see the (plain clothes) detectives were on-duty (in the middle of their meal), with their badges in full view, either by their handguns or worn around their necks. There were also portable police radios on the table. Even after the officers explained they were cops, they were still told they could not carry their weapons in the business. As the officers were leaving, a second manager showed up and told the officers they could stay (with their weapons). The officers, feeling they had already caused enough of a disturbance, decided to leave anyway.

Denny's immediately released a statement saying in part “Denny’s policy permits law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant and we regret any misunderstanding.” An official from the Denny’s franchise met with police and assured them Denny’s welcomes any law enforcement officer to carry their weapons while inside a Denny’s. The restaurant called the situation a “misunderstanding.” As a result, Belleville Police Chief William Clay lifted the ban keeping on-duty officers away from the Denny’s restaurant.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #20
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by double dee View Post
IHOP!
Dude seriously..IHOP has the best pancakes ever!! I always have to fight with the people in there to pay for my meal. We always leave huge tips for the staff cause They love having the police in there. I always get a treat for the mutt to. They are the best. I still like Denny's although I will drive cross county to eat at IHOP. No hard feelings to denny's. It's a grand slam!