Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

"COPS" is disgusting...

Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
"COPS" is disgusting...

Long story short, the fiancée has some how developed an addiction to the show "COPS" and it seems to be on some cable channel at any given time. I'm not one to watch much TV so over the last few months if nothing else is on she finds an episode to watch. After viewing this crap enough I've come to the conclusion it's just plane disgusting. It makes LEO's look bad. REALLY BAD. All they do is fuck with poor people. Mostly traffic stops on people that look like they could hardly afford the gas to start their car. I don't understand how a department could let these camera crews come in an film this crap. After some reading I found out my local county is very much against filming this show but Portland seems to be on every other episode. I brought this point up at work today and everyone thought I was crazy. Am I the only one who thinks this is disgusting?

Right now I'm watching an episode of cops selling $10 bags of weed to people outside a 7-11. Practically forcing themselves on people as they leave the store. If someone buys the weed they get tackled, face slammed into the ground and cuffed. All over a $10 bag a weed the fucking cop pushed ever so hard on these people. WHAT CRIME ARE THEY PREVENTING?!?!? This shit pisses me off. Rant over.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
It's Bread & Circus... nothing more.

Frank
Old 01-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
It's a joke.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
DueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
DueToThe802's Tacoma Gallery
There's always been differences of treatment each class receives. The socioeconomic problems are both with the laws in place, and how the police handle thier job. Poor people are usually more likely to be pulled over or something. But the show does provide evidence of some of the big problems of the law and lawman. I saw one where they were selling crack to users. Just poor users. And they'd haul em off. They acted very proud. id have preferred them arrest a trafficker or higher tier dealer. I do not envy an officers job.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
It is crap like most shows. If you want fresh crap MTV has a new show about a rapper that has 11 children with 10 women. So the hot wet poop keeps coming.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
it's all crap...i watch it for entertainment value every now and again but I also know that it's not a documentary on how to be a good cop

Many shows often ride and film stuff and will occasionally pay a dirtbag to act like an ass...or take off running or some crap...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I don't understand how your vehicle becomes property of the county when you purchase a hooker or $10 bag of weed from an undercover group of dudes literally standing in the middle of the street. Every person they sell to gets a statement of "your vehicle is property of bla bla and everything in it is seized". How does that work?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Probably just doing it for show

It cost quite a bit to seize stuff usually so I'd be surprised if they seized every car they stopped
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
it's all crap...i watch it for entertainment value every now and again but I also know that it's not a documentary on how to be a good cop

Many shows often ride and film stuff and will occasionally pay a dirtbag to act like an ass...or take off running or some crap...
I was not saying the cops are crap. I think they put up with a BS all day and that's not easy.
I watched the show when it first came out but after dealing with people like that for years its not fun to watch anymore.
I like watching the old James Bond movies and other old shows. I guess im living in the past.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I love watching Cops. Is it a fair representation of what a police officers job is, and how they should handle themselves? No. Do I care? No.

Police Women of Dallas is another great show.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
I miss 80's "COPS" not sure what they show today but I'm sure there's no where near the about of lip fuzz present.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe what goes on in restaurants. I watch that show restaurant impossible. gross...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #13
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I miss reno911. At least it was realistic.
x2
Old 01-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I can't believe what goes on in restaurants. I watch that show restaurant impossible. gross...
Never fuck with someone who prepares your food.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #15
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
I miss 80's "COPS" not sure what they show today but I'm sure there's no where near the about of lip fuzz present.
haha x2 .
Old 01-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #16

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
ain't dat the truth
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
wish more people thought that way.... im a bartender/server

i miss reno911. that show was the best
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
I don't understand how your vehicle becomes property of the county when you purchase a hooker or $10 bag of weed from an undercover group of dudes literally standing in the middle of the street. Every person they sell to gets a statement of "your vehicle is property of bla bla and everything in it is seized". How does that work?
"nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

This is a basic of the 5th amendment. Groups have unsuccessfully argued confiscating property even used while committing a crime still warrants just compensation (if not more for punitive reasons). Theory being the government is going to use the property they confiscate or sell it and the funds would be for government use...either way it still private to public transfer without compensation.

It's just as the term "shall not be infringed" in the 2nd amendment has been twisted as has the rest of the 5th (and 4th IMO)....2nd, 4th & 5th being the most abused. It's interpretation for convenience being done usually in a knee jerk or feel good reaction...a violation nonetheless.

Don't worry once the second amendment rights are gone (either out right or through limits by legislation) the so called do gooders will have free run over the rest of our "rights" without worry of recourse. Let those that call my (our) way of thinking as the "tinfoil" hat crew run amok. But perhaps they should learn to read and interpret the Constitution first. There are revision provisions and those should otherwise be used as opposed to some of what we are seeing if that's the direction our country wants to go (and I certainly hope it isn't).
Old 01-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I miss reno911. At least it was realistic.
They at least need to get the old crew back together for some kind of special or reunion episode. It was too good of a show to just fall off the map. 7 seasons wasn't enough and that movie they made was kind of a letdown.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
I used to watch Cops all the time before I became one. Now...never. No interest at all.