question on being a bicycle cop

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
PreRunner
stitch is on a distinguished road

Army: ch-47 TI
Name: Erick
stitch's Tacoma Gallery
question on being a bicycle cop

i am in the army right now but looking for opitions with i get out. a friend of mine was a cop prior to enlitsing and said he loved it. i am a hard cor cyclist and would love to get paid to up hold the law and be able to ride. my firend cant tell me much about bike cops cause he wasnt one but i was wandering if any body here was one and would like to have some info on what its like. thank you for you time.
SGT Heath.
U.S.ARMY
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Farva
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
We have a couple of different bike units. They guys like it but gets cold during the winter. It's a good gig lots of action. Most of our bike units are downtown area so you gotta like dealing with drunks. Not really my thing but some guys love it. I think there is an organization called Police mountain bike assn. or something like that you may want to check into. Can't remember exactly what it's called it's been a while since I was certified on a mountain bike but it's a really good gig. gotta be on a few years and know what your doing then you can put in for a spot when one opens up.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
tango59 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
tango59's Tacoma Gallery
I was on our bike patrol from 96-2002. Loved every second of it. Admin was always on our ass for either more parking tickets or wanting to know why we couldn't ride Walmart bikes. The admins either love it or hate it. Our only weather limitations were storms and 32 degrees or colder (ice). You'll probably have to find a large dept tho.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I was bike patrol up until this year. Its an ok gig for a while. I found that when you do it for a living, you kind of lose your taste for the recreational riding.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
We don't have a dedicated bike team, but we have several officers who are certified and have bikes issued...I'm one of them...I ride regularly to patrol my apt complex etc but typically we only get them out for big events like parades and festivals
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
We don't have a dedicated bike team, but we have several officers who are certified and have bikes issued...I'm one of them...I ride regularly to patrol my apt complex etc but typically we only get them out for big events like parades and festivals
LIES! I was mounted patrol on SCHP
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #8
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
For real though OP, our local University (USC) has a bunch of them and they pay well. Maybe checking into a local college would be a way to go.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
The California Highway Patrol has bicycle patrol in and around the State Capitol: http://www.chp.ca.gov/depts_divs_offs/psd.html

Ray