Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Taser question for fellow LEO's.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 AM   #21
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
they put the clips on us and gave us the full 5 seconds. hurt like hell but no residual
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #22
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
ouch, my uncle said that when he went through the academy one of the instructors told them not to take the water when they offer it, he said let it dry, then when you get home get a bunch of soap and slather that on before you shower and the soap helps neutralize the effects of the spray.

Lean over in the shower and squirt baby shampoo straight into your eyes. We get to dunk 3 times then have to air dry or shower. Showering immediately with soap works better every time I've seen it.

Never got tased because of the whole water thing but I'd take OC again if necessary. You gotta wipe some under your eyes every so often to build up your immunity.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #23
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
video from our academy..kinda goofball but watching the spray scenes are kinda funny. We use sabre red really nasty stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzySVQP_xUo
Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
tango59 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
tango59's Tacoma Gallery
My dept will be issuing tasers to TACT (SWAT) and 20 CIT officers for a 90 day test phase. After the test phase, all CIT officers will be issued tasers but only if they take the 5 second ride. I'll be in the test group

We've been discussing the best way to carry it and it looks like it'll be cross-draw. Vests and thigh holsters were discussed. I don't have any real estate on my belt as it is !!!! What rig do y'all use ?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #25
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Here was me after the OC back in the academy. This was over 5 years ago and I still wince whenever I think about it.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tango59 View Post
My dept will be issuing tasers to TACT (SWAT) and 20 CIT officers for a 90 day test phase. After the test phase, all CIT officers will be issued tasers but only if they take the 5 second ride. I'll be in the test group

We've been discussing the best way to carry it and it looks like it'll be cross-draw. Vests and thigh holsters were discussed. I don't have any real estate on my belt as it is !!!! What rig do y'all use ?
Blackhawk Serpa cross draw at a cant
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #27

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
Here was me after the OC back in the academy. This was over 5 years ago and I still wince whenever I think about it.

sorry but...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #28
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
It took a full 3 minutes to have any effect on me. Then...agony. It gave me enough time to whack the Red Man a few times, prone out and cuff a "suspect", then drag my partner over to the wash station. I can't remember the exact order of things, but I think we were gassed and sprayed in the same day.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #29

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
It took a full 3 minutes to have any effect on me. Then...agony. It gave me enough time to whack the Red Man a few times, prone out and cuff a "suspect", then drag my partner over to the wash station. I can't remember the exact order of things, but I think we were gassed and sprayed in the same day.
Yeah the gas didn't bother me near as bad as the spray dude. Both are freakin nasty crap
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #30
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
This.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #31
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x3
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do mine with no cant, holds my mag light better for me. Great place for it when you're doing things like pulling prints or getting info from a victim and no perp is around.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the prongs taped to my back and took the 5 sec ride. hurt like hell for 5 seconds and i thought it was the longest 5 seconds of my life. but once the 5 seconds if over it over and done with and you back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS1980 View Post
Yeah the spray is definitely worse. I dont even carry that stuff I hate it so much. The day I was issued a Taser the spray came off my belt for good.
most the officers I know that have a taser donít carry any one their belt. some keep it in the car just incase they need some.
Quote:

i bet they would come in handy where you are. I have heard they will send twice as many officers on most calls than other departments send. like if most or some send 2 or 3 officer, they send 5 or 6 down their.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 AM   #34
tango59 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
tango59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I have had the prongs taped to my back and took the 5 sec ride. hurt like hell for 5 seconds and i thought it was the longest 5 seconds of my life. but once the 5 seconds if over it over and done with and you back to normal.

most the officers I know that have a taser donít carry any one their belt. some keep it in the car just incase they need some.

i bet they would come in handy where you are. I have heard they will send twice as many officers on most calls than other departments send. like if most or some send 2 or 3 officer, they send 5 or 6 down their.
3 officers on mental case calls and 2 on any kind of a disturbance. Most everybody is good about pulling over on any stop and most other calls. The last couple of years have been pretty wild here.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #35
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3 officers on mental case calls and 2 on any kind of a disturbance. Most everybody is good about pulling over on any stop and most other calls. The last couple of years have been pretty wild here.
yeah i have heard a few stories.