Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

What flashlight do you carry?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
What flashlight do you carry?

Well a while ago I created the duty weapon thread, so figured what the heck, be curious to see what you all carry to light up the night. I do already know there is an actual flashlight thread, but wanted to create one catered more towards LE as I will eventually be getting into this career (hopefully sooner than later).
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not in law enforcement not will I ever say that I am, that being said, I carry a flashlight every day. I carry a fenix pd32, it works great for me, small enough to carry in a pocket, but enough light to do whatever I need to
Old 03-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I'm not in law enforcement not will I ever say that I am, that being said, I carry a flashlight every day. I carry a fenix pd32, it works great for me, small enough to carry in a pocket, but enough light to do whatever I need to
Whats the lumens on that one? Also, I read somewhere where someone said the light is more yellow than white, any truth to that?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
I just got this one today: Klarus XT11, 600 Lumens. Bright as shit!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Stream light strion led. Love it. Use it all the time, very mobile, but bright
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
seems pretty white to me lol,

it has 4 brightness settings, with a max lumens of 315. I usually keep it on the second setting (from low to high)

it seems very yellow right now, but maybe that is because I am shining it at a piece of yellow paper...Kidding, it is really white, and definitely bright enough to stun someone, on all but the lowest setting if you are carrying for self defense, which is not my main reason for carrying it, the main reason I carry it is because a good light is handy, and I liked this one
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Surefire 6XP Fury on my belt, Surefire E2DLED on my M4 w/Voltor mount
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Fenix tk15 here... 343 lumens on max I think. It was between the tk15 and pd32 for me, the tk was just a little longer had a larger bezel and lens. The new pd32 has a turbo mode of like 700 something lumens, but is slightly longer than the old one...

The bulbs on fenix lights are not very yellow IMO.. Pretty white actually... When I think yellow, I think of incandescent maglight type color.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
issued a streamlight polystinger led

also keep a streamlight stylus pro with me
Old 05-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Pelican 7060. Although I want to get a Fenix because They are ridiculously bright and have great features and options.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
MikeyA99 will become famous soon enoughMikeyA99 will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
MikeyA99's Tacoma Gallery
Actually I have 2 on me at all times. Streamlight Microstream for small jobs and a Stylus Pro for when brightness is needed. Small enough for the pockets and to hold in the mouth if I need hands free. If I know I'm going be out at night, I grab my Streamlight TL-2 LED.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Fenix ld20 or Surefire E2L or Eagletac P100 A2
Old 05-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #14
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Streamlight stinger ds led and a tlr-1 on the sig. no clue as to what is on my M4 but it's bright as hell. also have an additional stinger ds in the truck and a ultra stinger w/ led bulb in the truck also
Old 05-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Stream light strion led. Love it. Use it all the time, very mobile, but bright
This is what i'll be buying when i get home from my trip, i've been able to use my cousins strion for the last 2 weeks and ilike it.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #16
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Princeton EOS LED headlight in the center console and a LED/Stun gun surefire(style) light I picked up a few gun shows ago in the glove box.

Edit: lol, noticed this is in the LEO section which I'm not.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mag Lite LED
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
OLight S10 "Baton". Can't beat it - it's like a battery size light cannon
Old 05-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
Surefire 6XP Fury on my belt, Surefire E2DLED on my M4 w/Voltor mount
+1, SureFire for the win! I got tired of having my rechargeable Streamlight batteries building a memory and not lasting. Switched to SureFire and just stock up on the batteries when I need to replace.

The Fury is quite likely the smallest, brightest flashlight I've ever seen.

Products Discussed in this Thread