Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Should he be fired or not?

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Question Should he be fired or not?

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...182456916.html

Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
yes sir

Old 04-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
Ming42083 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
Ming42083's Tacoma Gallery
No

Old 04-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #4
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
no

Old 04-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
yes sir
Can you please elaborate why you feel this way?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
The trooper was being nice <-- should be at his discretion based upon situation
+
The representative is an ass and an idiot <-- part of his job description
=
No.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...Looks like the State Rep is throwing around his authority.

This isn't any different than a cop pulling over an ordinary citizen and giving them a warning.... ??? What's wrong with that?

Now...if the State Rep offered the cop $$ to get out of the ticket and the cop accepted the $$ - they both should be fired!! LOL

Old 04-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Wow... what an asshat (the state rep, not the cop). I'm pretty damn happy if I only get off with a warning and feel it should be at the officer's discretion. I firmly believe that LEOs need to have some measure of leeway to use their own judgement on the job. The state police ought to park an officer on the state rep's route to work and give him a ticket every day.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Wow...Looks like the State Rep is throwing around his authority.

This isn't any different than a cop pulling over an ordinary citizen and giving them a warning.... ??? What's wrong with that?
That is precisely what I was thinking.

What kind of sleezy fuck stick gets a break, then bitches about it and gets the dude fired. Typical Sleezeball policitian... out of touch with reality.

Hope the trooper gets his job back.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Article says the officer did the same for another violator at the same time...so clearly he wasn't giving the politician any breaks that other motorists aren't afforded

Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Article says the officer did the same for another violator at the same time...so clearly he wasn't giving the politician any breaks that other motorists aren't afforded
Yeah, that was the politician's issue! He was actually upset that the officer was letting people off with a warning and not ticketing them (at least that's how I read it). That politician just seems like a sad, miserable human being.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
eviele will become famous soon enougheviele will become famous soon enough

eviele's Tacoma Gallery
I'm all for officers using their discretion in certain situations. Mostly because I've been the benefactor of a few warnings.
I've also gotten a few speeding tickets that were well deserved.
You win some, you lose some, but if you're speeding you're taking a risk and that's the motorists choice.

The politician on the other hand.
I don't have enough bad words to describe him. He sounds like a self absorbed, self righteous, asshat.
My favorite line is that he didn't think he was actually doing 87.
HA!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Wow... what an asshat (the state rep, not the cop). I'm pretty damn happy if I only get off with a warning and feel it should be at the officer's discretion. I firmly believe that LEOs need to have some measure of leeway to use their own judgement on the job. The state police ought to park an officer on the state rep's route to work and give him a ticket every day.
This...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yeah, that was the politician's issue! He was actually upset that the officer was letting people off with a warning and not ticketing them (at least that's how I read it). That politician just seems like a sad, miserable human being.
and this too.........

Hopefully the ED posterchild politician gets fired come next election!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Fired? Taking it too far IMO, you are talking about a mans career.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
The politician should be fired for being an ass. Idk about the rest of you but I've been let off a couple times on the officers discretion and I was soooo thankful! The lawmaker needs to pull out the stick and realize there's better ways to keep up tax money than railing everyone who just made a mistake and really wasn't trying to break the law.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #17
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
Can you please elaborate why you feel this way?
I do sympathize with the officer however he deviated from following policy. The ability to use discretion is certainly a good thing however such discretion also leads to abuse of power and police brutality that's prevalent in current society.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #18
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
I've been in similar situations where a state trooper has let me off with a warning and I thought nothing about except that he was really nice. It sounds to me that the politician is just trying to get attention. Someone higher up in the chain of command needs to step in and say enough. Call it for what it is BS.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #19
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Politician deserved the biggest ticket that trooper could write.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
I do sympathize with the officer however he deviated from following policy. The ability to use discretion is certainly a good thing however such discretion also leads to abuse of power and police brutality that's prevalent in current society.
I don't think he deviated from policy. Maybe "written" policy but you can't expect anyone to believe that there is in fact no unwritten policy in every state to show lawmakers a bit of slack on stuff like this. Sure, when pushed like this they will not admit to it but it is there. This is all on the asshat politician who got a break and then went and stirred the pot for no good reason trying to accomplish what? The politician is the one needing firing and whoever voted him into office should be feeling very stupid about now.

Closed Thread