Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

What Holster do You use on duty?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
What Holster do You use on duty?

I just purchased a Glock 19 Gen 4 and will most likely be getting into academy later in the fall. Looking for some suggestions on a good duty holster and what I should be looking for..

Pictures are definitely a plus!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Safariland 6360 for my M&P .40 with TLR-1. Below is the picture of my old belt setup before I moved to a load bearing vest.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Safariland 6360 as well, but in plain black with no light option
Old 04-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
Operator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really niceOperator313 is just really nice

Name: Dave
Operator313's Tacoma Gallery
Safariland ALS without the SLS hood. Hands down the fastest retention holster out there.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Safariland seems to be pretty popular. For those who have already posted, are you mandated by your Dept. to carry a specific holster or is it personal preference.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mine is issued and the only option we're given
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
I also use the Safariland 6360, department issued. I was worried when my department first said we were going with them, but I quickly change my mind in a matter of minutes, after putting it on my rig.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Another question for ya'll. Is it personal preference as to whether you want a light/laser on your weapon?
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Department issued holster. It is very nice. The fact that you can literally drop your weapon in the holster and you are automatically at level 1 is amazing. Super fast draw.

In our department the light is officer preference, but you only get to choose once. You either get it now or you don't. If you opt for the tactical light, I have one major piece of advise: manipulate the switch with your off hand. There are only two things your trigger finger should be doing and that is indexing along the frame or pulling the trigger. Don't give it any other jobs because under stress you could potentially pull the trigger when all you meant to do was turn on the light. I stress this heavily in my tac light transition courses. Oh...also don't use the light to do FSTs.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

No light option here

K9 is the only team here that gets lights
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Safairland with Q/disconect for my issued M9 but for a Glock 19 i perferr a Blackhawk Serpa
Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post

. Oh...also don't use the light to do FSTs.
LOL.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Mine is issued and the only option we're given
Is that a level II ?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #14
Weapon Mechanic

As pictured, mine is a III. The hood that protects it from being drawn from the front is considered a threat level.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
As pictured, mine is a III. The hood that protects it from being drawn from the front is considered a threat level.
X2
Old 04-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
So safariland seems to be the general consensus, and I do plan on checking out blackhawk, but what would you guys recommend as far as level wise ( I, II, III). I realize once I get into a department, it may not be my decision, but for the time being and to get me throught the academy, just curious to which one would be wise to purchase?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #17
Weapon Mechanic

May as well get a three as many departments require a level three holster for liability reasons. My previous holster was the Safariland 070, also a level three.

Blackhawk makes great low-pro and off-duty holsters. Never used a full duty holster of theirs.