Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Expired Temp tags Help!!!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Expired Temp tags Help!!!

Dear TW LEO's please help me on this one, I bought my truck on 2-8-13 and my dealership still has not gotten me plates yet. I call them every day and have been for the past month. I called them before my first set of paper tags expired and they assured me I would have new ones, well the day came and then they just changed the date of sale on the temp tags to generate another 45 day temp tag which HAS TO BE illegal right?

Am I rolling the dice on getting screwed here? Or if it comes down to a huge ticket do I have good ground to stand on to make them pay for it? My finance company is dealing with them right now because they still havent even gotten the title... do you guys think there may be a bigger title problem here not just extreme laziness and aggressive uninterest?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like dealer dropped the ball. Stay on them I'm sure the LEO's will understand. However stay on them. As for the sale date I have no clue if it illegal or not.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps talk with your states motor vehicle dept?

http://www.txdmv.gov/
Old 04-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
it sounds like there may be a problem with the financing
Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not familiar with the way Texas works, but here in California the plates come from the DMV, not the dealer. And right now with budget cuts and employee furloughs, the plates are taking an exceptionally long time to get sent out when you buy a new vehicle.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Not just state.
My 03FFL arrived 15 days after it expired.
I mailed the renewal the day it arrived and they cashed the check 45 days before I received the license.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #7
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I have the finance company working as my Ally. They have already gotten 2 payments from me and they grilled the dealership pretty hard the other day with me on conference and apparently they had the plates already sitting on the secretary's desk for over a month! They claimed to not have sent them because they thought I would make another trip to Austin to pick them up..... Geez talk about some brilliant geniuses over there.