Is this the way around tint law?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by egres View Post
I will have to use reflector for the windshield but still have side windows tinted. and I'm past the age of wanting to be cool.
What?! Is this what i have to look forward to? ughhh... i only have a few more months of being cool lol. I have my fronts at 35% which is a no go here but honestly the only guys there are gonna hit you for it are the vehicle inspection units...
Old 07-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #22
egres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud of

Army: RECON OIF I & III DOG FACE SGT.
egres's Tacoma Gallery
Well, there's something better but more $$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...brbhbW80#at=41

$200 per door plus installation...
http://agpglass.com/en/products/page/linea/vario_plus

A layer of tiny particles, (mostly crystals and polymers), are trapped between two other layers, these particles receive an electric impulse which results in the re-orientation of this emulsion to generate a “see through” surface, or an “opaque” surface when the particles are not being stimulated.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrick1215 View Post
This...your friend is a moron and deserves to be butt raped by a unicorn...
Sig'd!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #24
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
I have gotten fix it tickets twice. I wasn't trying to look cool. Was just tired of the sun on one side of my face and arm. Makes a difference in heavy traffic. Swinging the visor over doesn't do enough.

That agp glass looks interesting and with the money I wasted I could have paid for one window by now. I live in California. Anything beyond factory and I get pulled over. I averaged about 6 months getting away with it. I am getting the itch/annoyance again..

Would it look ridiculous just doing the drivers side?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have illegal tint. Mostly for my car to look cool but partly because I drive to and from work in uniform, I rather not show that.
I've only written one tint ticket though and that's because he had pretty dark tint on his windshield. Enough where I couldn't see him and really couldn't see his inspection sticker, it's really not a good feeling. I told him if he takes it off his windshield and shows it to me ill drop the ticket. Otherwise the courthouse will make him take the front windows off too. Told him to just always roll down both front and passenger windows and he won't have as many issues with police. Around here it's mostly officer safty issues.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #26
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
y do all the cop cars in Fla have tint you cant see in,,, but no one else can have it??..
Old 09-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
The ridiculous windshield strip is what gets you pulled here. My side windows are illegal, but they arent rap artist dark. No visor strip. Rear and rear sides can be as dark as you like.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #28
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: Canadain bumber technician
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
Up in Canada , I had my front drivers and pass side tinted to 35% which is the legal limit here . I still find it warm inside the cab during the summer months and this is with the air cond running on high . Thats the only reason I am considering going darker
Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
Up in Canada , I had my front drivers and pass side tinted to 35% which is the legal limit here . I still find it warm inside the cab during the summer months and this is with the air cond running on high . Thats the only reason I am considering going darker

That's because the factory 'tint' provides for zero thermal/IR blocking/protection...it's just dark. You must apply aftermarket film to gain those properties...

You can find window film with no tint that will provide thermal protection, and vice versa (film that is way dark, with zero thermal properties.

Your windshield needs to be treated too, as much of the overall heat transfer happens there.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #30
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
y do all the cop cars in Fla have tint you cant see in,,, but no one else can have it??..
, I show up at our fleet, they point to a car they assigned to me and that's all the input I get. I personally don't like the dark tint. There are many a call or while cruising through neighbor hoods at night, I have to roll them down.