Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Correctional Officer Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #21
Bayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBayou Sultan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bayou Sultan's Tacoma Gallery
I want to thank BulletToothTony, The Shape and pjgibby for their input, in order to speak that way about what they do and did as Correctional Officers, they are truly hero's on a daily basis. Unless you do this type of law enforcemente work it is very hard to explain because you do a little of everything from putting out fires and saving lives to using deadly force. Fact of the matter is, when you can walk down range and not need to impose your authority you got the respect you have earned and that is not easy behind the wall. Just remember a convict is a convict from the first day to the last and they will get you if they can. BE ALERT!! STAY SAFE!! WATCH THE MOVEMENT ON THE YARD!!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #22
Luis1 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Luis1's Tacoma Gallery
1 year in with Correctional Service of Canada in Alberta, CX 1, love it so far. Nice to see other officers on here as well
Old 11-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #23
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
RPD STARS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
RPD STARS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis1 View Post
1 year in with Correctional Service of Canada in Alberta, CX 1, love it so far. Nice to see other officers on here as well
Congrats on passing your year... Now you can relax a bit lol
Old 11-13-2013, 04:33 AM   #24
LennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to all
Law Enforcement:
LennyTheLip's Tacoma Gallery
Finishing up my 11th year in Monmouth County. Days like today, glad I stuck with it and didn't transfer to a local PD. Know why? It's freaking cold out!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #25
Tcoma06 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Corrections
Name: Cassidy
Tcoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Lieutenant w/ Arkansas Community Corrections. 6 years.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #26
Buckles is on a distinguished road
Buckles's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got an interview with the Harris County Sheriff's Department at the end of the month.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #27
Marcoc has a spectacular aura aboutMarcoc has a spectacular aura about

Marcoc's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see some fellow brothers here. 6 years CT DOC. 3 years as a tactical officer, currently an impact/chemical weapons operator. Hoping to get on our K9 team in the future, just finished the testing process. Definitely not an easy field, we are the "forgotten cops". I currently provide armed security for our adminstration building but I came from the largest county jail in Connecticut. Everyone stay safe.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Retired Navy MP, now working county corrections in SoCal. Been at it for 6+ years now.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #29
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JP
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm applying for county corrections till I can get in the sheriffs academy.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #30
doc1187 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
doc1187's Tacoma Gallery
26 years with NYDOCS, it pays the bills, put my kid threw collage, and it raised my blood pressure "Sky High". What a ride!?
Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #31
JollyMon is on a distinguished road
JollyMon's Tacoma Gallery
5 1/2 yrs CTDOC........
Old 03-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #32
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
04tacomarob's Tacoma Gallery
Put in an application for NHP, hopefully I can get in there! NDOC has been decent but my end goal is to be a trooper.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #33
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04tacomarob View Post
Put in an application for NHP, hopefully I can get in there! NDOC has been decent but my end goal is to be a trooper.
Good luck!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #34
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzyshore View Post
Good luck!
I'll need it. I'm going to be in a pool with 600 others.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #35
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Was a yard officer for 3 years split between Kentucky DOC and Wyoming DOC. Both medium security facilities but worlds apart in terms of... well, just about everything.

Miss working with a lot of people, but administrative issues and politics have turned it into a shit job IMO.

Edit-

I probably got to see the best and some of the worst of corrections during the NTC riot in '09. The officers get terrible pay and training (IIRC my take home $$ was ~1500 a month and that's with no health insurance!) but they looked out for each other, especially when the SHTF that evening. Nothing short of a friggin miracle everyone made it out alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFfBrMDYK8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMlwROCuxNk

The comments in the above video @ 1:25 pissed me off, as they were totally false. The majority of our radios were some shitty, ancient GE PCS units that more likely than not, didn't f*^#ing work. There was so little equipment available I thought it was like a scene out of "Enemy at the Gates" (where the Russians are landing on the beach) because we'd go in groups of three officers. One would carry the radio, another would carry a set of keys, and the third officer wouldn't have anything. It was ridiculous.

And the icing on the cake... prior to this riot where they burned down the prison, they were allowed cigarettes and matches. A smoking ban? Nope. After the riot we had to light the cigarettes for the inmates.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #36
backwoodz30 is on a distinguished road
backwoodz30's Tacoma Gallery
I work at Arkansas Department of Corrections. I love my job. It is a different world inside for sure.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #38
Wish I Had TRD OffRoad
Jmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmcavene is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Jmcavene's Tacoma Gallery
Looking Forward to using my MA DOC paycheck on some mods for my stock 2014 SR5 Taco. Would like to start with getting what I need to make it TRD OffRoad and then continue from there...I'm fresh out of the academy working third shift in an institution that is classified as Medium but it's nothing more than a minimum. Good to see other COs/Leos on the forums. Stay Safe.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #39

Mine is the same, supposed to be medium but it's a minimum with more fences and razor wire.

I'm thinking I'll stick with corrections for another year instead of testing for NHP. I might try to go local in the county jail since I already have my cat 3 though.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #40

Also, this thread needs more C/O's in it!