Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Florida LEOs

Old 05-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Florida LEOs

I know we have several on here that are spread out thru the state of FL

My brother wants to move down there (doesnt matter where) and wants to work for a smaller dept, has no experience, but is just getting out of the Marines

Any suggestions on whos hiring? good depts to work for? tips for getting hired?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Orlando P.D. best in the state. we are always hiring. We also have the best pay in the area with a reasonable cost of living. We also have Orange county S.O. but they don't pay as well. There are a couple of smaller agencies in the area that pay well too. Winter Garden P.D. and Winter Park. Orlando is about 750 sworn.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
He may also need to kinda narrow it down a little. If he wants to be near the beach or whatever. I am partial to north, cent. fla. you have places like cocoa beach P.D. If he wants to be kinda rural (where all the tacomas hang out) theres places all over. Mount Dora P.D. is a real good agency. Osceola county S.O. is real good. just depends on where he wants to go. don't know much bout South Fla. but i try to stay waway from there.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks for the info

I THINK he kind of wants to be near the beach but I'm not 100%
Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
There is Cocoa Beach area, he could also look into the Juipter/Tequesta. Also there is Stuart which is a smaller coastal town.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
I'm at Sarasota Sheriff's Office. LOVE it.

http://www.sarasotasheriff.org/templ...reers%5FDeputy

http://www.sarasotasheriff.org/

In between Miami, Orlando, Tampa. We have the number one beach in the US right now according to Dr. Beach- Siesta Beach.

Our equipment is top notch. Our vehicle are new/newer. I have 64k on my Impala and I'm due for a new car this year- the new Caprice or Tahoe.

Pay is competitive. The agency is mid size, big enough for all the cool toys, but small enough that you're just not another face. We have a marine unit, traffic unit, k9, tac, swat, ert, full time helo, and more. Plus the moral here is great for the most part.

Me having fun last week.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #10

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
dude i almost forgot theres also fish and wildlife ofc. pay sucks but it's a shit ton of fun. after a few years you can also kinda choose where you go in the state
Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #12
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
TPD is not small but they are the best in the state. Tampa PD salary tops most including Orlando PD at $75,358.40 for a street officer with no rank. TPD has their own PBA union and a private pension thats far better than the state pension governor rick scott controls (think no retirement until 65 for new state pension employees). With almost 1000 sworn officers, it has a take home car, a 4 on/4 off shift and plenty of OD jobs available. With the deferred comp, the drop program and the high salary, its easy to retire a millionaire from TPD. We are on the water and have some great local beaches and more annual parades and events than you can shake a night stick at.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Front sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shedFront sight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SeaBee
Front sight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Any updates????
Yes sir, my Impala hit 66k and they gave me a 2013 Impala with 400 miles . 3.6 direct injected and a 6-speed, the same that's in the Caddy CTS.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

For the time being, no updates

My brother has not applied or moved
Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
hey greg.... Adam said VCSO is best in the state.... he said get in line knuckle dragger hahaha Greg's a stand up guy, and there are plenty of good agencies out there, VCSO, OPD are my top two picks....
Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #17

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon4x4 View Post
hey greg.... Adam said VCSO is best in the state.... he said get in line knuckle dragger hahaha Greg's a stand up guy, and there are plenty of good agencies out there, VCSO, OPD are my top two picks....
lol