Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Sister's Car Impounded by Police- Can we get it out?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #221
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I see more jail time coming her way before she sees even a glimmer of real positive change
Yeah, she hasn't had her court date for this latest one yet- she's definitely got jail time coming. They gave her five weekends for her third offense. (plus 3 months more suspension and close to $500 in fines) She was going in for her third weekend when she got caught. They made her do six days on the spot, which I would assume is to get her weekends out of the way for the next sentence. I reckon she'll be put up for at least a month, probably more.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #222
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
Late on this but two thumbs up for your dad standing his ground!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #223
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Your sister must be an absolute horrible driver to be getting pulled over all the time.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #224
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Your sister must be an absolute horrible driver to be getting pulled over all the time.
Rural town.
In a rural area, everyone knows everyone, and the cops have a mental list of cars that they are going to check out every time because they are known to be driven by people with a suspended license.
Just like Fenwick said about the cop dogging him and his dad... took off when he saw that Iva wasn't driving.

Anyone who drives that car for the next 5 years had better stay sober and far on the right side of traffic laws because every cop in the area is just looking for a reason to pull it over.
I feel sorry for the next owner if they sell it.

All it takes to get your license suspended is to not appear and pay a single ticket. Some people will just blow it off, figuring they don't have the money to pay the fine, and "what can they do?"
Iva found out what they can do.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #225
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
She could be a good driver, she just chooses to be reckless. Cutting people off, going way over the speed limit (which she calls the speed minimum) weaving through traffic, etc. She doesn't run stop signs or lights or anything, but when she's in motion... watch out is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Rural town.
In a rural area, everyone knows everyone, and the cops have a mental list of cars that they are going to check out every time because they are known to be driven by people with a suspended license.
Just like Fenwick said about the cop dogging him and his dad... took off when he saw that Iva wasn't driving.

Anyone who drives that car for the next 5 years had better stay sober and far on the right side of traffic laws because every cop in the area is just looking for a reason to pull it over.
I feel sorry for the next owner if they sell it.

All it takes to get your license suspended is to not appear and pay a single ticket. Some people will just blow it off, figuring they don't have the money to pay the fine, and "what can they do?"
Iva found out what they can do.
Thing is, we aren't even rural. Regular neighborhood with lots of main roads (Military Hwy, Indian River Road, Providence Road, etc) We do sort of have the "Everyone knows everybody" thing going in, but that's just in our little part of the neighborhood. Most of the people here went to school with my dad and his siblings, so they all know who the Fenwick kids are, just by sight. "Oh, you must be PJ/Pat/Pete/Patrick's boy! (He had a lot of nicknames.) Tell your Daddy I said hello, ask him if he remembers (insert name here.) from high school." Hard to miss our house, anyways, It's the one with all of the broken down vehicles, a sexy Yoto, and lots of kids and cats running around the yard.
One time my dad got a ticket. I think it was when he was driving my first car Pete Longstreet ('90 Mustang 2.3L Fastback that he later loaned to a friend, who caught it on fire on the interstate, funny story NOT) This is really terrible to admit to in my book, but he had put the plates from the van onto the Mustang, because he couldn't afford to get Pete his own plates (this is before Pete was mine.) and got pulled when the cop ran his plates and seen they didn't match the vehicle. Got ticketed. He forgot to go to court when his date came around. (He forgets everything, because he's always tired- works 2 jobs.) So they suspended his license. He didn't know until he got in an accident with the Honda- lady rear-ended him and totaled the Honda- that his stuff was suspended- he hadn't gotten the notice in the mail yet. They didn't charge him for driving on suspended, because he had never signed the thing saying he'd gotten his suspension notice. It ended up coming in the mail the next day.
Just for fun, here's Pete the Mustang when I got him back after dad loaned him out:

And here's the Honda after its accident. It still ran and drove after I pried the metal off the back tires:
Old 01-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #226
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
not a fastback! this is a fastback my 65 that fox you post is a hatchback

Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #227
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
not a fastback! this is a fastback my 65 that fox you post is a hatchback
I think that's what Ford called them in 1990

It helped to sell a few more since "Fairmont" wasn't working
Old 01-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #228
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
there is a 2 door fairmont for sale on craigslist its like an 85 or so with the straight 6 it keeps calling my name begging for a 460 with very quiet exhaust
Old 01-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
there is a 2 door fairmont for sale on craigslist its like an 85 or so with the straight 6 it keeps calling my name begging for a 460 with very quiet exhaust
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...addywagon.html
Old 01-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #230
Hillbilly

Quote:
I think that's what Ford called them in 1990

It helped to sell a few more since "Fairmont" wasn't working
Ha ha, sounds about right. Yeah, it's not a true fastback. But close enough, eh?

Quote:
Funny, I thought of that thread too! Can't wait for more.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #231
Hillbilly

Update:
Iva stole the keys out of Dad's room. But little does she know, I took out a couple fuses. That car ain't going nowhere.

Dad said he's not even going to let her know that he knows that she took the keys now- he's gonna wait until she comes running demanding to know what we did to her car.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #232
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Update:
Iva stole the keys out of Dad's room. But little does she know, I took out a couple fuses. That car ain't going nowhere.

Dad said he's not even going to let her know that he knows that she took the keys now- he's gonna wait until she comes running demanding to know what we did to her car.
I'm sorry to say this but your sister is a dumb fuck. My apologies.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #233
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #234
Hillbilly

Quote:
I'm sorry to say this but your sister is a dumb fuck. My apologies.
No apologies needed, because I agree. I love her because she's family, but she's about a dumb sumbitch. :/
Old 01-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #235
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Update:

Good on ya.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #236
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Update:

Good thinking on your part, hope your truck is safe.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #237
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
Good thinking on your part, hope your truck is safe.
Oh don't worry. Truck's always locked. I have three keys. My best friend Robert has one, and he's definitely not going to hand it over, one stays on my key chain, which is always connected to my pants, and the other stays in my wallet, (in case I lock my normal keys in the truck) which is always in my back pocket. And I sleep wearing the pants I wore during the day, so there's no way she'll get my keys, cos I'll be sleeping on them.
I don't think she'd drive my truck anyways, because she'd be scared of someone confusing her for a redneck, what with all of the mud all over it, the random scrap metal in the bed, the confederate flag stickers and all of that goodness.
Since the day dad refused to give her the keys, she has been back twice- once when she stole the keys (under the pretense of grabbing her work clothes) and once today, shortly after I posted my earlier message, and that was to grab her computer, because she is "dying without it." She told us that if Dad doesn't think she's an adult enough for him to give her the keys, then she'll move out to show him how grown she is. So she's "living" with her BF of like three weeks. She left all of her stuff in her room, along with her snake, tarantula, chinchilla, and cat. Can't afford to take on all of her pets, so we are giving the chinchilla away. The cat is going to have to come upstairs with us- (she lived in the basement/garage) nobody else will take him, because he's psycho. (Shelters are not an option, because we are a bunch of sad, animal-loving sops.) She can take her Biter with her, cos mom won't let it up here. Hey, if she's "moved out," does that mean I can throw all of her stuff out and take her room so I can move out of the old kitchen pantry?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #238
Yukon Cornelius
no you cant pack up and throw her stuff away you could get into legal trouble doing that....she would need to be evicted served then you could put her stuff by the curb
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #239
revised
Quote:
Oh don't worry. Truck's always locked. I have three keys. My best friend Robert has one, and he's definitely not going to hand it over, one stays on my key chain, which is always connected to my pants, and the other stays in my wallet, (in case I lock my normal keys in the truck) which is always in my back pocket. And I sleep wearing the pants I wore during the day, so there's no way she'll get my keys, cos I'll be sleeping on them.
I don't think she'd drive my truck anyways, because she'd be scared of someone confusing her for a redneck, what with all of the mud all over it, the random scrap metal in the bed, the confederate flag stickers and all of that goodness.
Since the day dad refused to give her the keys, she has been back twice- once when she stole the keys (under the pretense of grabbing her work clothes) and once today, shortly after I posted my earlier message, and that was to grab her computer, because she is "dying without it." She told us that if Dad doesn't think she's an adult enough for him to give her the keys, then she'll move out to show him how grown she is. So she's "living" with her BF of like three weeks. She left all of her stuff in her room, along with her snake, tarantula, chinchilla, and cat. Can't afford to take on all of her pets, so we are giving the chinchilla away. The cat is going to have to come upstairs with us- (she lived in the basement/garage) nobody else will take him, because he's psycho. (Shelters are not an option, because we are a bunch of sad, animal-loving sops.) She can take her Biter with her, cos mom won't let it up here. Hey, if she's "moved out," does that mean I can throw all of her stuff out and take her room so I can move out of the old kitchen pantry?
Just switch rooms. If she come back, oh well, she can stay in the pantry. Don't toss her stuff though. Pretty sure you said that jokingly anyways.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #240

Quote:
Just switch rooms. If she come back, oh well, she can stay in the pantry. Don't toss her stuff though. Pretty sure you said that jokingly anyways.
+1

Legally, I'm not even sure eviction proceedings are required since she's family and not paying rent... but you can't toss her stuff.