Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Sister's Car Impounded by Police- Can we get it out?

Old 01-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #241
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
+1

Legally, I'm not even sure eviction proceedings are required since she's family and not paying rent... but you can't toss her stuff.

yeah its probably a different style of dispossessory warrant or other type of action. but i still even wouldnt move the stuff. just move into the room and take it over
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #242
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
yeah its probably a different style of dispossessory warrant or other type of action. but i still even wouldnt move the stuff. just move into the room and take it over
Remember... this is a young woman (rather, old child) who is known by every cop in the county.

Who are the cops going to believe?
Would she even know what her rights are?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #243
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Just switch rooms. If she come back, oh well, she can stay in the pantry. Don't toss her stuff though. Pretty sure you said that jokingly anyways.
You're right, it was a joke.
I wouldn't really do that to her. I like to avoid confrontation, and all that would do was start a big old fight between us if I moved all of her stuff out and took over. Plus, my room is too small to hold all of her stuff. I couldn't fit half of her belongings in my room.
Not to mention, she'll be back soon, I know it. She can't last very long on her own. Her new BF will be tired of her in a bit and send her packing. Then she'll probably float between her friends' houses for a few days, and then she'll be back.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #244
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
You're right, it was a joke.
I wouldn't really do that to her. I like to avoid confrontation, and all that would do was start a big old fight between us if I moved all of her stuff out and took over. Plus, my room is too small to hold all of her stuff. I couldn't fit half of her belongings in my room.
Not to mention, she'll be back soon, I know it. She can't last very long on her own. Her new BF will be tired of her in a bit and send her packing. Then she'll probably float between her friends' houses for a few days, and then she'll be back.
Bingo. Ass only gets one so far.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #245
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Bingo. Ass only gets one so far.
This!
He'll get tired of paying shit for her, and her eating up his food and all that good stuff. And he'll realize that she's got him wrapped around her finger. She'll be back. It might be a few days, or it might be a month, but she'll be back.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #246
ragin cajun
jboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: joseph
jboudreaux1965's Tacoma Gallery
as far as the wait to get the car back,my bet is it was the tow company making reasons to hold it to jack up storage fees. my cousin was arrested while driving (not for traffic offense, he had warrants and had a joint on him when pulled over) they towed it, so-say impounded it, it was stored at a local tow yard, he stayed in jail for a year, btw. (he called me when it happened, we are both only childs and like brothers) i called the sheriffs dept and they said it had been impounded but if fees were paid it could be recovered, the catch was the registered owner had to do it, which he obviously could not. so the next day we had papers drawn up and he signed giving me power of attorney, so thought we were ready to go...

called the place the sheriffs dept said it was "guys towing in lafayette, la" they said they had no record of it. called sheriff back, they said same thing. called guys, yadda yadda back n forth for about 10 days so finally i drove over to guys towing, they AGAIN stated they did not have the yukon and had no record of picking it up.

i walked strait past the asshole at the counter and into the yard, with him chasing me yelling, i stopped and said, if you have no record of it, why is it sitting right there?

and yes i (well it was my cousins money) had to pay the extra $250 in storage fees they charged vs if they would have not lied and given it to me the first day i asked.

towing companies are crooked as they come! lol, around here they got so bad with fees, they set limits to how much atow company can charge for certain services, well it made it worse in the end because now you are ALWAYS charged the max allowed by law, even if they just show up and do not have to do anything, like your truck was stuck and you got it out before they showed $260.

this is just a side note but related to towing, i saw the funniest and most genius thing the other day, you know how when you get in an accident the LEO asks which towing company you would prefer? i saw a tow truck from a company called "anybody towing" LOL! so i guess when the LEO asks if someone says "anybody" they get the call LOL! a friend has a tow company, its called slicks towing, i told him he needs to rename it to "doesn't matter towing" or "don't matter towing" or "don't care towing" or something like that LOL! so he would get the calls when people say that, LOL!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #247
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Holy thread Resurrection Batman!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #248
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboudreaux1965 View Post
as far as the wait to get the car back,my bet is it was the tow company making reasons to hold it to jack up storage fees. my cousin was arrested while driving (not for traffic offense, he had warrants and had a joint on him when pulled over) they towed it, so-say impounded it, it was stored at a local tow yard, he stayed in jail for a year, btw. (he called me when it happened, we are both only childs and like brothers) i called the sheriffs dept and they said it had been impounded but if fees were paid it could be recovered, the catch was the registered owner had to do it, which he obviously could not. so the next day we had papers drawn up and he signed giving me power of attorney, so thought we were ready to go...

called the place the sheriffs dept said it was "guys towing in lafayette, la" they said they had no record of it. called sheriff back, they said same thing. called guys, yadda yadda back n forth for about 10 days so finally i drove over to guys towing, they AGAIN stated they did not have the yukon and had no record of picking it up.

i walked strait past the asshole at the counter and into the yard, with him chasing me yelling, i stopped and said, if you have no record of it, why is it sitting right there?

and yes i (well it was my cousins money) had to pay the extra $250 in storage fees they charged vs if they would have not lied and given it to me the first day i asked.

towing companies are crooked as they come! lol, around here they got so bad with fees, they set limits to how much atow company can charge for certain services, well it made it worse in the end because now you are ALWAYS charged the max allowed by law, even if they just show up and do not have to do anything, like your truck was stuck and you got it out before they showed $260.

this is just a side note but related to towing, i saw the funniest and most genius thing the other day, you know how when you get in an accident the LEO asks which towing company you would prefer? i saw a tow truck from a company called "anybody towing" LOL! so i guess when the LEO asks if someone says "anybody" they get the call LOL! a friend has a tow company, its called slicks towing, i told him he needs to rename it to "doesn't matter towing" or "don't matter towing" or "don't care towing" or something like that LOL! so he would get the calls when people say that, LOL!
And, after reading this, Riverside Towing comes to mind
Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #249
ragin cajun
jboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: joseph
jboudreaux1965's Tacoma Gallery
hey, hey another tiger fan! hope you support them cajun's to though
Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #250

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboudreaux1965 View Post
hey, hey another tiger fan! hope you support them cajun's to though
I bleed purple and gold, but I'm for anything good coming out of South Louisiana