Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Sister's Car Impounded by Police- Can we get it out?

Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
I'm sure we could all spare a few bucks if it comes down to losing everything.
x2. I'll help out a fellow Virginian
Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #42
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Your father let his daughter drive around on a suspended licence in his car multiple occasions and he's mad they impounded it?
This.

Why doesn't your dad keep the car keys.

I think there is more to this story
Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #43
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
This.

Why doesn't your dad keep the car keys.

I think there is more to this story
Old 08-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #45
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
Could your Dad rent a car for a few days?
Fenwick can't even afford to completely fill his tank and works scrap metal in his back yard to help make ends meet.

You aren't going to rent a car without a credit card with a couple-thousand of open credit available (plus the $50/day).
Old 08-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #46
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
I think Fenwick is just as disappointed as we are guys, no need to pour it on heavier. It's not his fault, and the last thing he probably wants to hear is people shitting on his family. before anyone else posts, lets answer questions before they become asked for a 4th and 5th time:

"your dad let you sister drive with a suspended license?"
Yes

"your sister is an idiot?"
Yes

"What are you going to do now?"
No Idea

"Do you still love your family?"
Yes

that just about sums up every question in here so far, OP is left with a large burden on his shoulders now, and props to him, im sure not many of us understand what it's like to be in his shoes.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #47
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
I think Fenwick is just as disappointed as we are guys, no need to pour it on heavier. It's not his fault, and the last thing he probably wants to hear is people shitting on his family. before anyone else posts, lets answer questions before they become asked for a 4th and 5th time:

"your dad let you sister drive with a suspended license?"
Yes

"your sister is an idiot?"
Yes

"What are you going to do now?"
No Idea

"Do you still love your family?"
Yes

that just about sums up every question in here so far, OP is left with a large burden on his shoulders now, and props to him, im sure not many of us understand what it's like to be in his shoes.
This.

All he is doing is trying to keep his family together and not financially screwed because a dumb family member makes mistakes continuously.

No reason someone who obviously busts his ass (sounds like his whole family does) to get by. I think it's clear his sister fucked the family over, so if we aren't offering support and assistance then we are not helping.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #48
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bingo.

Fenwick, just give the word and the Paypal donations will start rolling in.

Maybe buy a bicycle for your sister so she won't have to drive?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
officer you may ha be to arrest on many charges of assault and vandalism of state property!
You must be a pretty bad driver.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #50
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
These responses are really quite touching. You know you're good people when you are willing to help out someone you only know on the computer. Major respect for all of you. But you know that if I do accept help from y'all, I'm going to have to pay you all back one way or another when I get the chance. And if you're ever in Chesapeake, my door is always open.
Haven't heard any more on it from the police, my sister, or my dad, other than that dad probably will not be able to get her car out early on Monday even if he can go to court and contest it, because he's gotta work open to close. (9-9) And Iva, my sister, said that her court date is Oct 3- her birthday. How ironic. Funny, cos I'm sure she'll be going to jail. So jail on her birthday. She deserves it, though. Truck performed very well on the route last night. If I wasn't scared of the route tearing it up (the weight of 1000 papers, veering in the street to throw papers in driveways, constant stop-and-go, etc) I'd say it'd make a great route truck. I just started a paypal a few weeks ago, not sure how to use it though. And it's not verified, becuase they want my legal documents to verify. Bank account it's connected to is Navy Fed.

This. She has a job, and her hours conflict with my dad's, so she was left mostly to her own devices to find a ride. And most of the time, she'd just take the car.

You're absolutely right when you put it that way- he should have done that. I don't know why he didn't take the keys from her, but he definitely should have. And I take no offense, because you really do make sense.

Will do. I'm trying to.

I'm about to leave, likely won't be back on for a couple hours. Already took dad and Iva to work, still gotta take my little sis to work, and I gotta mow a couple yards to make some cash for my own insurance payment. I'll update y'all when I get the chance on what's going on.
In that case, maybe someone reliable (I vote for Rich if he is willing) can collect the PayPal donations in their own account and then send it your way via check or money order? Maybe there is a better way, but certainly need to get it squared away somehow so money can be collected and sent your way properly.

Definitely not a road block.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #51
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Bingo.

Fenwick, just give the word and the Paypal donations will start rolling in.

Maybe buy a bicycle for your sister so she won't have to drive?

She's got a bike, a nice Schwinn that her ex boyfriend got her when they were still together. But her work is a good 5 miles off, so I don't think she'd do it. :P

My email to the paypal account is hondaperformance93@yahoo.com, but as I can't verify it, maybe it would be best if it is all sent to someone else first, as TailDrag suggested. But I would like to make a request on this, that I can get everyone's name that is doing this so that I may send something back in return one day. That's just how I am.

I asked my dad today why he never just took the keys from my sister, when I picked him up from work today. Of course when I asked him this, I also told him that I wasn't asking this to mock or condemn him. (because I don't like being offensive to him or making him mad.) He said that there are a multitude of reasons as to why he didn't take the keys. One is that she is an adult, not a teenager. Even though the car is in his name, it's still "hers," and she has made more than half of the payments on it since she got it. (though Dad has made all of them except one within the past year or so.) That's about all I got out of him besides this remark, made with a solemn face: "Maybe jail time is what she needs, to realize what she's doing." Maybe he has other reasons too, but these were the only ones he disclosed to me.

I reckon I'm headed to bed for two or three hours before the route- Sunday papers- and it's rainy, so that means having to double bag the papers- no pun intended. Truck does well on the route though, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #52
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno if your dad actually owns the car or your sister...but he would be smart to put it in her name only if its hers because if she has a wreck she can be sued and also him..
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #53

Quote:
My email to the paypal account is hondaperformance93@yahoo.com, but as I can't verify it,
What do you mean you can't verify it? You'll get any money that goes into it, right?

Edit: Saw that the name attached is good... a few bucks sent
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #54
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
I dunno if your dad actually owns the car or your sister...but he would be smart to put it in her name only if its hers because if she has a wreck she can be sued and also him..
X2. If she gets into a wreck the other party can sue your dad, and win, no matter who was at fault.

Also, I'm sure your dad is trying to be a good guy but he really should take away the keys. Going to jail is much worse than biking to work everyday. 5 miles isn't that far. She's going to get in serious trouble, and if she ends up in jail I doubt it will make her turn around.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #55

Quote:
But I would like to make a request on this, that I can get everyone's name that is doing this so that I may send something back in return one day. That's just how I am.
And don't worry about it.
A gift is a gift, not a loan. To insist on repaying is not gracious.
If you feel the need to "clean the Karma", do so by doing the same for someone else who is in need.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #56
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Hope everything works out for you. Some situation you've been drug into.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #57
I'll send some your way mid week, brother.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #58
Danimal69361 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Danimal69361's Tacoma Gallery
In NE I got stopped on Christmas Eve. I was supposed to be arrested, because it was my second offense D.U.S. The cop let me go cause of it being Christmas Eve. He got in so much trouble that he came back on Christmas to arrest me.Third is a felony. Doesn't matter who the car wad belongs to. If your dad let someone without a licence use "his" car, then that is is dumbass fault.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
And don't worry about it.
A gift is a gift, not a loan. To insist on repaying is not gracious.
If you feel the need to "clean the Karma", do so by doing the same for someone else who is in need.
Maybe we can get some auction type sales going here on TW? With funds going straight to Fenwick's PayPal and items shipped upon payment.

Not sure it is allowed or if it's that great of an idea, but it's an idea nonetheless.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Maybe we can get some auction type sales going here on TW? With funds going straight to Fenwick's PayPal and items shipped upon payment.

Not sure it is allowed or if it's that great of an idea, but it's an idea nonetheless.
Ya, auction sales aren't allowed, but there's no reason we couldn't just to a "rummage sale" kinda thing.

I'll just say that Fenwick can now afford to fill his tank and do an oil change