Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Sister's Car Impounded by Police- Can we get it out?

Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #101
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
Military: if you can navigate the bullshit effectively, stay in for 20 years and you retire, you get pension, healthcare, all of it. Real retirement, not this 401k "starve on catfood" plan most of us have. Wish someone had told me that at 18. Or 25. Or even 30. Too late for me, but not for you.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #102
ttaM will become famous soon enoughttaM will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
ttaM's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I feel bad for not seeing this sooner. I sent you a few bucks to try to help you and your family out some. I'll be praying for y'all too.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #103
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of good advise in this thread. Don't ponder to long. Time slips by ever so fast.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #104
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
Sent what i could, hope things get better for you and your family
Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #105
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front sight View Post
I was a Seabee for 9 years. I chose it because my original rate I couldn't do. I found out in M.E.P.S. that I am color blind- like bad lol. So I chose the Seabees to learn a trade. I enjoyed it and worked with some great men and women. You say you're thinking of doing law enforcement, maybe look into being an M.P. Plus while your being an M.P you can work on a degree, that way when you go back to civilian life you can be competitive in the job market.

Good luck.
I meant to put MP on that list there- I'm looking into that too. I'm going to try to set up a meeting with a recruiter soon. My grandpa (the one that was in the Navy) was colorblind as well. So is my cousin Little Charlie, and he's in the Army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
Man, I feel bad for not seeing this sooner. I sent you a few bucks to try to help you and your family out some. I'll be praying for y'all too.
Thanks. Prayers go a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Lots of good advise in this thread. Don't ponder to long. Time slips by ever so fast.
You're exactly right- I'm trying to set up a meeting with a recruiter as soon as I can. I should jump into it and get going before I give myself the chance to think any more, because I'm one of those people that if I don't act immediately, I will just keep doing what I'm doing, which is obviously not working well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak90 View Post
Appreciate it. Things are beginning to look better around here. Power is paid, car is back so the truck doesn't have to go on the route any more, and I was able to make my insurance payment today, because the first bout of funds came in from the paypal account. Thank you all so much- it's a vast relief, knowing that we can breathe a little easier now.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #106
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Still planning to send some fundage your way but looks like it will be end of the week.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #107
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't read all post just skimmed through so can I still send some funds to help out a TW member?!?! Someone pm me a Paypal address
Old 08-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #108
Milk was a BAD choice
CHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant futureCHUNKY08 has a brilliant future

Name: Dave
CHUNKY08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smtaco73 View Post
Haven't read all post just skimmed through so can I still send some funds to help out a TW member?!?! Someone pm me a Paypal address
Fenwick:My email to the paypal account is hondaperformance93@yahoo.com. Page 3 I think.

I hope everything works out for you and your family. I wish I had gone in the military when I had the chance. Like the others have said, full pension, health benefits, usable skills, etc. It seems to open a lot of doors when you get out to civilian life.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #109
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Still planning to send some fundage your way but looks like it will be end of the week.
Quote:
I don't know if its like this on any other forum but this is just a small example of how awesome our community is !!! We may not always agree (as a matter of fact I KNOW we don't) but when one of us is getting kicked around & luck is running out we come together & help our TW brothers & sisters, I have never been nor could i be prouder than being a part of the TW clan... this place def. rocks !!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #110
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKY08 View Post
It seems to open a lot of doors when you get out to civilian life.
Indeed. At the city I work for, being a vet is an automatic 5 points added to your qualification score to make it into the final interview.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #111
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Fenwick you could always sell your older sister to live a better life I know you may love her but you would have less legal issues
Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #112
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
It's fine man. I'm grateful for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
I don't know if its like this on any other forum but this is just a small example of how awesome our community is !!! We may not always agree (as a matter of fact I KNOW we don't) but when one of us is getting kicked around & luck is running out we come together & help our TW brothers & sisters, I have never been nor could i be prouder than being a part of the TW clan... this place def. rocks !!!!
I can definitely say I'm glad to be on TW, and proud of the people we have here. I would definitely call this a family. We got everything- the humor, the compassion, and the crazy fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Fenwick you could always sell your older sister to live a better life I know you may love her but you would have less legal issues
My best friend told my dad he would buy her off of us. It was hilarious.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #113
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
My best friend told my dad he would buy her off of us. It was hilarious.
Did he check KBB?
What's he offering... retail, trade, or used?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #114
Hillbilly

Also, used some of it and went ahead and ordered the upstream o2 sensor I needed for the truck. Should be here from Rock Auto in a few days. This way I can get better gas mileage, not completely destroy the cat, not cause excessive carbon buildup, get rid of that bogging- and I can get rid of that stupid check engine light! Its the only thing I need for the truck right now that I can think of.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #115
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Did he check KBB?
What's he offering... retail, trade, or used?
I think it'd be more along the lines of how much is my Dad willing to pay to get rid of her.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #116
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
I learned at the ripe age of 16, I will NOT drive in my parents house without my own car and insurance. It made me realize what grown ups do. 20 years later, I am happy for the lesson I learned. You sound like a good "kid" with a good heart. Keep it up, and nothing can break you. It may not be much, but funds on the way...
Old 08-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #117
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Fenwick if you were closer I would help you with your paper route and anything else you needed
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #118
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
Dont remember who sent me the paypal address through a PM but thank you. Sent a little his way. Good Luck
Old 08-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #119
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by "OldManTan" View Post
I learned at the ripe age of 16, I will NOT drive in my parents house without my own car and insurance. It made me realize what grown ups do. 20 years later, I am happy for the lesson I learned. You sound like a good "kid" with a good heart. Keep it up, and nothing can break you. It may not be much, but funds on the way...
I figured the same thing- that's why I bought my truck, paid for all of the work, and got my own insurance policy. Because sometimes my dad can't pay his and Iva's, (mom can't drive because of seizures and crap like that, so she's not on the policy in any way) and I don't want my coverage to lapse just because they can't pay. So I got my own policy. Yeah, ti's undoubtedly higher than if I were to be on theirs, but Id rather pay a little more than possibly end up running around without insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Fenwick if you were closer I would help you with your paper route and anything else you needed
Ha ha, I don't think you'd want to go on the route. Getting up at 2 AM (1 on Sundays) and not getting home til 6 or 7... I hate the route. But hey, it's something. I like how the pay schedule is set up to where we get a check from them every week that we don't get one from my dad's work. So we can count on a check every week.

Quote:
Dont remember who sent me the paypal address through a PM but thank you. Sent a little his way. Good Luck
I really appreciate it, man. All of you. We definitely have some selfless people up here.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #120
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck getting in touch with a recruiter?