Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Harrassment

Old 08-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Honestly since you said you can't really move for a bit I'd start documenting everything. Ask your other neighbors who aren't complaining and the staff for a short letter. That way if you do get in trouble with the cops you have proof that they have filed false complaints before. Even get the report from the cops when they say you haven't done anything.
Bingo.

Much better idea than the wait in a dark alley thing. Sounds like the smartest thing to do. Document everything, get letters from those who will cooperate, and wait it out. 6 weeks isn't all that long.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #22
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Bingo.

Much better idea than the wait in a dark alley thing. Sounds like the smartest thing to do. Document everything, get letters from those who will cooperate, and wait it out. 6 weeks isn't all that long.
Yup, not long at all. May seem that way with all the crap you're dealing with but just keep the fact you'll have your own home soon in mind. I've dealt with complaints before and have documented everything. Worked out well. Especially when I got complaints about parties cause I was young. Key there is I was working overnight. Some people are on this Earth just to make others lives miserable.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Hello,

I thought I would ask in this thread about a problem my wife and I are having with some apartment neighbors. I really dont want to take it to the next level, but we are running out of options, but we are moving in 6 weeks.

Story:

We live in an apartment, the people above us mid 50's were complaining about us constantly to the manager, every noise they would be waiting for the doors to open in the morning. I would get a call, knock, email from the office and I told them look nothing is going on, and I asked all of our neighbors and they never hear anything from us, even the ppl below us.

So the manager got sick of them crying wolf and told them nobody else is complaining there is nothing we can do, you can move if you want bla bla. Well they started going to corporate to get the staff fired. Then they just started calling the cops on us. Each time they say well I hear nothing, nothing to say. But they complained about the dog barking and the cop said if it continues you go to court and its a $1k fine. Well thats BS if there the only ones complaining.

Now I travel a lot and my wife is home alone a lot. Im not sure what
they might do and its getting rediculous. We are moving in 6 months, but Im just wondering what our options. I have much more pressing issues than dealing with this, but not sure what to do now.

Advice?

Thanks!
Cop is full of shit. Call your local animal control and ask them. Nuisance dogs can cause fines to owners but it isn't cut and dry like he stated.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailDrag View Post
Cop is full of shit. Call your local animal control and ask them. Nuisance dogs can cause fines to owners but it isn't cut and dry like he stated.
Yeah that's what I thought. They called animal control a while ago. It was the first nice day of spring, I took my dog for a hike, got home and the officer was leaving a note on my door. Neighbors were complaining about other dogs but just used us.

Plus if only 1 person is complaining, can you really justify a fine? Seems pretty 1 sided.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I'm complaining about your posts. Please send me $1,000.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #26
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
You people and your barking dogs...
jk, I have a neighbor with at least nine dogs, and two of them just had puppies. They have two that bark all night long. Noone will do anything about them. Home owners assoc. says they have no rules on dogs, county says they have no rules on dogs... Getting extremely frustrating. So it's not easy to get someone in trouble for their dogs. Like HiYota said, document everything, and just do the best you can until you can bounce. I would be extra noisy when I moved out, just because.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
If there is a pattern present for their complaints, like "we always hear the dog parking at X-oclock" then how about get a 4 hour long video camera and record everything going on in your apartment. Then when the cops show up let them take a look at the recording and how quiet it is. May be a lot of work, but at least you would be able to say that they are full of sh!t with their noise complaint.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #28
Tang98 is on a distinguished road
Tang98's Tacoma Gallery
wow these guys hate you. You and some neighbors should go talk to the landlord about how annoying these guys are.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #29
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yeah that's what I thought. They called animal control a while ago. It was the first nice day of spring, I took my dog for a hike, got home and the officer was leaving a note on my door. Neighbors were complaining about other dogs but just used us.

Plus if only 1 person is complaining, can you really justify a fine? Seems pretty 1 sided.
No. Call animal control. Talk to your neighbors and allow them to speak candidly if they have issues with your dog barking or if you are too noisy. If they don't, ask if they can write a note and sign it. Document the assumed harassment in case you need to prove that the neighbor is bent on punishing you. If one person says you shoot guns in your bathroom and 4 others don't then you can try and show them being untruthful.

Tell your neighbor you're having ongoing issues with another neighbor for these reasons, ask if they agree with those problems and go from there. If management gives no fucks then you are on your own.

Document everything and go talk to any neighbors who you can and follow up. Address everything.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #30
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Honestly since you said you can't really move for a bit I'd start documenting everything. Ask your other neighbors who aren't complaining and the staff for a short letter. That way if you do get in trouble with the cops you have backup/proof that they have filed false complaints before. Even get the report from the cops when they say you haven't done anything.

Yup. I had the woman who owned the house next door to me (she was renting it out) come knocking one day. She said there had been a rash of noise complaints about her tenants to the police and now she was having to step in and find out what the deal was. I let her know that, not only did I not have any noise issues with them, but they were some of the best neighbors I'd ever had. Turned out the complaints were all coming from an old bat who lived at the end of the street which was about four doors down, but faced into our street.

The homeowner asked me if I'd be willing to write a letter stating my non-issues with them and I was more than happy to do so. If I lived right next door and had no problem with them noise-wise then there certainly wasn't an issue other than someone being a jerk. Since there was no actual noise issue, I'm assuming it was racial because my neighbors were Mexican. In the long run, the tenants got tired of the harrassment and ended up moving out anyway so that old bag cost me a good set of neighbors. Long story longer, don't be afraid to ask your neighbors for a statement.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they called the cops saying the dog was barking from 5-830 pm but waited till 1030 to call.
Loveland noise ordinance doesnt go into effect until 10pm, so thats probably why they waited, but if they told the cop from 5-830pm I'm surprised the cop didnt just say sorry nothing we can do.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #32
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I would say its time to get that new sound system with the big subwoofers and throw a dance party with some dubstep?
Old 08-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah all our neighbors have my cell# and Ive told them to text me anytime they hear my TV or dogs. Never received a text from anyone. The management cant do anything, they tried to evict them, but they are still paying so they have noting to work with. However they had me document my case so they can not re lease them in the fall. The manager said shes getting a keg when they move out.

This really started when they moved in and they were vacuming at 630 am everyday, I looked through the lease and it specificaly says thats a no go. So i politely told the husband that the apts are really shitty and you can hear everything and if they didnt mind waiting till 8am. Still everyday for a month, and I ran into the manager, she knew they were trouble and asked how they were, I told her they vacuum so early. so she said something, and aparantly the wife flipped shit and denied it. Then everyday she bitched about us for something. But yeah Im about to set up cameras or recorders this weekend if another cop shows up.

IMO this is not cop work and is complete BS thats why i have been so hesitant to get them involved.

If I see the wife again im gonna ask her if I should just keep a box of donuts around for her complaints.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #34
Cops can't do anything about neighbors not getting along. Documenting anything for the sake of law enforcement isn't an option I'd waste my time with (or an officers).

Neighbor piss matches aren't their problem. They show up because they're responding to a call, but in the end, they will tell you both to mind your own business and stop wasting their time calling 911. Nobody is breaking a law, and being annoying isn't illegal.

Personally, I think you should cut off communication with the problem neighbors, collect your written statements from the surrounding neighbors regarding noise from your apartment (after explaining your ongoing issues with a neighbor who is saying these specific noises are a problem), and keep documenting any visits to your door by law enforcement or apartment staff. If you call and complain about them, write down the information (date, time, reason, who you called) and keep a list of everything. The easiest way to fuck with an animal owner is to say they have a nuisance pet. It IS quite possible that you might end up with a visit from animal control. They will first listen to the complaint maker, then they will come visit you and your dog, tell you that the neighbor is reporting a problem, and advise you on something you could be doing to better the situation. Then they will go.

If they come back multiple times then you might end up in a situation to prove your innocence and that your neighbor is harassing you or making false claims, in which case, documentation will help you.

Videos and recordings take way too much time for a court, animal control person, or law enforcement will have to invest, I imagine, when it really all boils down to no laws being broken and 2 neighbors who don't get along are just going back and forth with each other. The quickest way to lose support from those groups is to be the one who wastes their time, frequently. At some point the neighbor will hang themselves with their own rope, but until then, damage control is what you should be doing, and not with them.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #35
Tang98 is on a distinguished road
Tang98's Tacoma Gallery
when you move out, make it loud. get a thick broom stick and purposely hit the roof and when they complain just say that you were just moving things around.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #37

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Better to just leave them alone...Or they might move in next door to you in your new house
To be honest, not to profile or anything, but they are pretty much the whitest trash possible and abusing the system. The wife does nothing, they have a 20sh daughter that no shit looks like Meg that does nothing and the Dad works something but the apt isnt that cheap, they never leave, handicapped but on the 3rd floor, nothing to do with her time but complain. She could do something useful for the community or herself but shes a POS.

I dont think they will be buying a home anytime soon.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #38
ANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedANT2013taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
ANT2013taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd move out a week early and set up an alarm clock to go off at 3am every morning. But that's just me.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #39

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT2013taco View Post
I'd move out a week early and set up an alarm clock to go off at 3am every morning. But that's just me.
Believe me, Im tempted to be a huge dick right back, but who knows what they might do. When they move out though, Ill probaly swing by and set up some chairs and drink beer while they move out and have my chihuhua bark at them all day.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #40
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Honestly since you said you can't really move for a bit I'd start documenting everything. Ask your other neighbors who aren't complaining and the staff for a short letter. That way if you do get in trouble with the cops you have backup/proof that they have filed false complaints before. Even get the report from the cops when they say you haven't done anything.
This ^ document every interaction you have with them and make hard written copies about what was said, how long it was tone of the conversation etc.

Download a voice recorder and record conversions on your phone. You never know if they will say "we will do this till you move out" or something that will basically get you off the hook. Of course dont tell them your recording, just slip the phone in your pocket with the mic facing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
If there is a pattern present for their complaints, like "we always hear the dog parking at X-oclock" then how about get a 4 hour long video camera and record everything going on in your apartment. Then when the cops show up let them take a look at the recording and how quiet it is. May be a lot of work, but at least you would be able to say that they are full of sh!t with their noise complaint.
This as well. In todays day and age there are very little excuses for not having the technology to do this

Take a video (or an audio file at least stating the time of start and finish) and set it up while you sleep.