Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Harrassment

Old 08-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Harrassment

Hello,

I thought I would ask in this thread about a problem my wife and I are having with some apartment neighbors. I really dont want to take it to the next level, but we are running out of options, but we are moving in 6 weeks.

Story:

We live in an apartment, the people above us mid 50's were complaining about us constantly to the manager, every noise they would be waiting for the doors to open in the morning. I would get a call, knock, email from the office and I told them look nothing is going on, and I asked all of our neighbors and they never hear anything from us, even the ppl below us.

So the manager got sick of them crying wolf and told them nobody else is complaining there is nothing we can do, you can move if you want bla bla. Well they started going to corporate to get the staff fired. Then they just started calling the cops on us. Each time they say well I hear nothing, nothing to say. But they complained about the dog barking and the cop said if it continues you go to court and its a $1k fine. Well thats BS if there the only ones complaining.

Now I travel a lot and my wife is home alone a lot. Im not sure what
they might do and its getting rediculous. We are moving in 6 months, but Im just wondering what our options. I have much more pressing issues than dealing with this, but not sure what to do now.

Advice?

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Move and quit paying rent.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Obviously they don't like you, at all. I'd let my friend / family member watch the dog for a while (maybe a month) and see what they call the cops on you for the next time, eventually the cops would tell them to stop abusing their system or they will be the ones getting fined.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Move and quit paying rent.
I am, we bought a house and we cant move till the end of Sept. We tried to do a short term somewhere else and it was just stupid what they wanted.

Also, our office asked if we could submit a letter to corporate about our experience so they can justify not re newing their lease.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
It may be utterly futile, but the first thing I do when I have trouble with neighbors is go talk to those neighbors. If you decide to make sure that no matter what kind of temper tantrum or insults they throw out that you keep calm, cool, collected and courteous. Perhaps bring a witness just in case.

If it's going to end up being your word against theirs they have the advantage of having several complaints against you. I would then talk to my other neighbors and explain the situation just as you did to us. If you have all or many of them willing to speak on your behalf that will help immensely if this goes south.

Stick it out and hope for the best?

If you must, you must. You may want to call the police, not to file a report, but to ask what you can or should do in this situation. At least then it is on record that you have been actively trying to resolve the issue.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #6

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Obviously they don't like you, at all. I'd let my friend / family member watch the dog for a while (maybe a month) and see what they call the cops on you for the next time, eventually the cops would tell them to stop abusing their system or they will be the ones getting fined.
Yeah its been 3 times now they have called the cops. But its not just the dog, TV, stereo ect....like I said nobody else hears us.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
A rock and a hard place for sure... Bottom line, you live in an apartment, neighbors hear noise, never heard of a civil fine because of that. Let them complain and get worked up, and this is the last you will ever have to deal with an apartment.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
do they know your moving...
Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #9

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
It may be utterly futile, but the first thing I do when I have trouble with neighbors is go talk to those neighbors. If you decide to make sure that no matter what kind of temper tantrum or insults they throw out that you keep calm, cool, collected and courteous. Perhaps bring a witness just in case.

If it's going to end up being your word against theirs they have the advantage of having several complaints against you. I would then talk to my other neighbors and explain the situation just as you did to us. If you have all or many of them willing to speak on your behalf that will help immensely if this goes south.

Stick it out and hope for the best?

If you must, you must. You may want to call the police, not to file a report, but to ask what you can or should do in this situation. At least then it is on record that you have been actively trying to resolve the issue.
We tried to talk it out with the manager, they wanted nothing to do with that. Its mostly the wife btw
Old 08-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #10

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
do they know your moving...
Yeah, I was in MT on business this week and they called the cops saying the dog was barking from 5-830 pm but waited till 1030 to call. The cop asked if she had her permission to tell them were moving and she agreed. The cop seemed like she was frustrated dealing with this and I dont blame her. The cop thought that might help.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Yeah, I was in MT on business this week and they called the cops saying the dog was barking from 5-830 pm but waited till 1030 to call. The cop asked if she had her permission to tell them were moving and she agreed. The cop seemed like she was frustrated dealing with this and I dont blame her. The cop thought that might help.
Depends how much they dislike you haha

They'll either say good riddance, or how much can we mess with them before they go?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Op needs to take up a musical instrument to relieve some stress. I say you should try drums.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
what a hell hole of a neighbor you got there. i know its easier said than done, but i would hit the road Jack. i would never ever leave my wife in that kind of nasty situation/invironmnet. movin in six months? how about next week !
Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #14

How about six weeks.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #15

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
No we move in 6 weeks, we lost on a house we thought we had, and with my travel schedule and the housing market in CO we had to buy a new build, so were waiting on that. But its a pain in the ass to move to an apt for 2 months when we were looking. and yeah I am strssed about the wife here alone. They are older and its the wife who can barely get around nthat causes teh problems. Oh and they have a handicap sticker on their car but live on the 3rd floor too btw.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #16
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well..i would find out where they go alot,pick a good location(where nobody can be a witness)and would be waiting on the both of them with a piece of garden hose...but thats just me.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
In the original post it said your moving at the end of sept. I would do my best to make as much noise as possible and tell them your moving out sept 1st. When you do move your stuff out do it at 3 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
well..i would find out where they go alot,pick a good location(where nobody can be a witness)and would be waiting on the both of them with a piece of garden hose...but thats just me.
If your older neighbors were complaining about you you would attack them with a garden hose?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly since you said you can't really move for a bit I'd start documenting everything. Ask your other neighbors who aren't complaining and the staff for a short letter. That way if you do get in trouble with the cops you have backup/proof that they have filed false complaints before. Even get the report from the cops when they say you haven't done anything.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
If your older neighbors were complaining about you you would attack them with a garden hose?
they started it....