Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Interested in becoming an LEO

Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
sub'd thinkin about becoming a cop too but i heard the pay sucks and although i would love to help out my city and surrounding citys and people in general im going to have to think about my family first and i know i want an extremely comfortable lifestyle for them so if anyone could chime in on pay rate that'd be great

Nope. As soon as i read "pay..." I knew this isnt for you...youre looking for money money...and i think i speak for everyone when i say we serve the public because its what we love doing...its a decent living...but you really have to think abt it... Youre away from home..family worried every day youre on shift... Become an engineer? Youre fam will live extremely comfortable. I think?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #22
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
sub'd thinkin about becoming a cop too but i heard the pay sucks and although i would love to help out my city and surrounding citys and people in general im going to have to think about my family first and i know i want an extremely comfortable lifestyle for them so if anyone could chime in on pay rate that'd be great
How much is considered comfortable to you? I do great with our pay. I am topped out and we get raises all the time. My co-worker cleared 92k last year. She works a bomb dog and when we have special events she gets some OT..However. our base is real good considering cost of living. Also, the feds make real good money. The air marshals prob make over 100k a year and just sit there on an airplane..
Old 08-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
Nope. As soon as i read "pay..." I knew this isnt for you...youre looking for money money...and i think i speak for everyone when i say we serve the public because its what we love doing...its a decent living...but you really have to think abt it... Youre away from home..family worried every day youre on shift... Become an engineer? Youre fam will live extremely comfortable. I think?
LOL i never wanted to be a ff'er. prob shoulda done it long ago. Now that I'm in LE I would never do anything else. I would much rather be a cop than hand out band-aids..lol at least that's what I tell my sister..hahaha
Old 08-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #24
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
Police can't spell *Heroes.

and i'll just leave this here:

http://youtu.be/-QgctZDpHSQ
"Be sure and get the rims real well"

Old 08-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #26
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
"Dispatch, contact fire...officer needs extrication."
Attached Thumbnails
Interested in becoming an LEO-image.jpg  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #27
East TN Yota is on a distinguished road
East TN Yota's Tacoma Gallery
My advice to the OP is to do as many pushups as you can before the academy. When you think you can do alot...double that number and you might be ready (if PA is anything like TN).

P.S. I worked with a guy who was a former PA Trooper. He was top notch and said he really liked it there.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #28
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I would only be a cop if you take your oath seriously! Do not let the job go to your head if you join, but remember once you are done with it assuming you become a cop you will be like the rest of us again
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #29

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I would only be a cop if you take your oath seriously! Do not let the job go to your head if you join, but remember once you are done with it assuming you become a cop you will be like the rest of us again
Not so sure after 25yrs in Law Enforcement I will ever be normal again..
Old 08-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #31
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
call the Police we have a burglar....
LOL, that reminds me...

I was on a crash one time where we had to block off a large segment of road for the helicopter to land. There was a police car blocking a side road near where the fire truck had stopped on the main road. The fire truck was leaving, so it started backing and turning around towards the side road and literally T-boned one of our police cars that had its blue lights on. None of the police officers were paying attention because they were watching traffic, and the firemen were all in the truck. The firemen were so embarrassed. We had to hold the original crash site even longer for the fire and police command staff to come see what happened, and a second crash report was taken. The police car was F'ed up. I looked over there about 2 seconds before impact and got to see it. I'm sure there are a few civilian pictures floating around the interwebz from that day.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #32
AZrunner11 is on a distinguished road

AZrunner11's Tacoma Gallery
-

I have been told that this field is a calling. I believe that with my whole heart. Overall, the South doesn't pay very well for State/Local law enforcement. Life is short so chase dreams. Good Luck!