Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Smith and Wesson M&P handcuffs

Old 09-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Corrections
Name: Robert
04tacomarob's Tacoma Gallery
Smith and Wesson M&P handcuffs

Was wondering if much here use them and if so where I can get them at a decent price.

I haven't been able to find much locally so I'll see what websites others use.

Thanks for any input, if there's others that are nice let me know so I can look!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think they have an m&p line of handcuffs, but I have 4-5 sets of the model 100 in black and stainless, 2 pairs of ASP cuffs in black, and my favorite a pair of Hiatts in silver

Check uspatriot, lapolicegear, midwayusa

The smiths should run you about $30 a set
Old 09-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed04tacomarob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I don't think they have an m&p line of handcuffs, but I have 4-5 sets of the model 100 in black and stainless, 2 pairs of ASP cuffs in black, and my favorite a pair of Hiatts in silver

Sorry haha, I meant to put model 100 in there.

How are the ASP cuffs? I like the double lock on the s&w but noticed others are a pain with the hole for the double lock being on the same side as the key hole which for me will always be facing the ground.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I won't use the ASPs unless I have to...I've had them flex and miss engaging
Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #5

Alrighty, I'll stay away from those haha.

Those sites decent for nylon duty belts and accessories? I'm not a fan of basket weave.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

No clue

I've never had to buy belt stuff
Old 09-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #7

Quote:
No clue

I've never had to buy belt stuff
Ok, thanks for the input. It's appreciated
Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
In my experience, no ONE store will have everything duty belt related that you will need. It's usually a mix and match order from different vendors including LA Police Gear, Cops Plus, Galls, and Quarter Master.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Before you drop money on a nylon belt try one on thats weighted down with all your gear, i had one and went back to leather.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
And +1 on not using asp cuffs
Old 09-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

I know a lot of people who use their asp cuffs but after seeing a guy hopped up on PCP break a set of smiths...i'm not gonna make it any easier on them
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
In my experience, no ONE store will have everything duty belt related that you will need. It's usually a mix and match order from different vendors including LA Police Gear, Cops Plus, Galls, and Quarter Master.
Thanks for the heads up, I was figuring on that but at least you guys have given me quite a few sites to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Before you drop money on a nylon belt try one on thats weighted down with all your gear, i had one and went back to leather.
I still have 3 more weeks till I graduate post, hopefully in that time I can get the instructors or other C/O's to bring them in so I can try it out. For the most part I was told I'll only be carrying 2-3 pairs of cuffs, search gloves, and a flashlight. Anything else I'll need to take classes and get certified, even then it would only be for planned events like a cell extraction.

Quote:
I know a lot of people who use their asp cuffs but after seeing a guy hopped up on PCP break a set of smiths...i'm not gonna make it any easier on them
F that haha
Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #13
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
If at all possible, a load bearing vest carrier is the way to go. The only things still on my belt are sidearm, baton, and keys. Really helps to keep my lower back pain down.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #14

Only a duty belt is approved by NDOC, I looked at those also. Seems much easier on the back.

Though I will still ask about it, most they can say is no.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #15

Quote:

These were the ones I was talking about. Ordered them yesterday.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/132...andcuffs-steel

Ended up getting the Blackhawk nylon belt bundle. Hopefully I'll like it, don't want to buy even more!

https://www.copsplus.com/prodnum14135.php
Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #16
catattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to allcatattacksdog is a name known to all
Name: Jason
catattacksdog's Tacoma Gallery
Smith Wesson are all I carry. Super smooth action, easy double lock. Our dept issues Peerless and they are miserably terrible products.