Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Male cops do you pat down females?

Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
Name: Nikki
LilTuffGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Male cops do you pat down females?

I had to come back just to discuss this topic lol
Last night I was working an OT shift and the crazy corporal (seriously crazy) stopped two people who were walking down the road at around 3:20am just to see what they were into since one was already a suspect in an arson last year. Well I heard him call out with them so I made my way there. He was already running their info and all that jazz.

Well he sent me a text today saying we've been hit again. So I bit and ask huh? Well a few days ago we had 37 cars that had their tires slashed (my shift did that report) apparently last night there were 23 more in this area he stopped those two people (totally different side of the city from the last event). He said it had to be those two. I reminded him I had a disturbance at the 711 and one of the guys had a knife on him and that was around 2... I asked if he had pat down these two. He said only the male and he didn't have anything but he didn't pay the female down. For one why not?? Secondly I showed up he should have asked me to.

I go EVERYWHERE in the county where I work to search females (I'm a city cop). Lately I've been called for a LOT! The other day it was 30 miles to where the suspects were to search.. On the side of the interstate...

Not to mention before I was a police officer the city I now work in pulled my ex husband and I over while we were looking for places to get married. Apparently someone called in shots fired and described my car as the suspect vehicle so they did a felony stop.. Detained him and placed him in the police car. They asked to search the car so we said sure.. They just asked me to stand beside the car and didn't touch me what so ever.... In our relationship I was the one with the gun (didn't have one that day).
Oddly one of the guys who was searching my car ended up being one of my FTOs lol made him think a bit...

So do you pat down females? Not straight up search but pat them down? If not then why? I pat down males.

And when you ask a female officer to strip search or thoroughly search a female suspect do you do the same to a male?? So far NO ONE I've been around have lol bastards....
Old 09-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Pat down females with the back side of your hand if a female officer isn't available. So many departments have in-car video these days, so what's the problem? Better than not checking them at all.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i dont get why youre asking this question. of course they do, its part of their job. just because they dont have a dink doesnt mean they cant kill you.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
LilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud ofLilTuffGirl has much to be proud of
You'll be surprised how many don't!! I've gotten pills, meth, knives, and pipes off females that were already transported to our PD.

I had a juv female scream I was violating her when I was patting her down. Mostly because she was hiding her ID showing she lied about who she was... I'm sure most males are afraid of that. I honestly couldn't care less.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i dont get why youre asking this question. of course they do, its part of their job. just because they dont have a dink doesnt mean they cant kill you.
if you read what she posted...officers she works with DONT pat down females...she's asking if this is a normal thing elsewhere outside her department

with that being said...i'll call for a female officer if I need to pat down a female, but if one isnt available (unlikely) i will do it myself on camera
Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTuffGirl View Post
You'll be surprised how many don't!! I've gotten pills, meth, knives, and pipes off females that were already transported to our PD.
whoever those officers are, are not doing their jobs, and are going to get themselves, or a co-worker hurt, or the worse alternative one day. suck it up, were all adults. self preservation first, worry about the screaming douchebag later.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #7

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
if you read what she posted...officers she works with DONT pat down females...she's asking if this is a normal thing elsewhere outside her department

with that being said...i'll call for a female officer if I need to pat down a female, but if one isnt available (unlikely) i will do it myself on camera

her question was pretty general... male cops do pat down females. why wait with someone on the side of the road for a female cop to show up, just to pat them down? waste of time IMO.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone gonna admit to only patting down the hot chicks.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
Depends on the situation. The other day it was our county drug task force and they had two Detroit females with large amounts of cash. They were short a few thousand from what intel said so I was there to thoroughly search them.. Even though it was on the side of the road.

A trooper "shook her down" lol and heard rattling and she said she didn't have anything. So he called for me... I felt her crotch area and there was a round hard object. When I asked what it was she said her pad lol so I took her around back and had to go in for it :gag: pill bottle with all sorts of goodies.

But both still did an initial pat down. So not pointless.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
Is anyone gonna admit to only patting down the hot chicks.
That I wouldn't doubt lol I always have to search the nasty ones. Lift up their gut to see their "kitty". That was VERY awkward!!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
lol at the banner, in case you missed it.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
I'll pat down a guy, girl or any combination of the two. A search is another story. If a female is available, I'll wait unless directer otherwise. No female officer available, they get the same treatment as anybody else.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
her question was pretty general... male cops do pat down females. why wait with someone on the side of the road for a female cop to show up, just to pat them down? waste of time IMO.
i'm glad you think it's a waste of time but if taking a few min to wait on a female means you avoid getting your dept an unnecessary lawsuit then i'd say it's worth it
Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #14

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm glad you think it's a waste of time but if taking a few min to wait on a female means you avoid getting your dept an unnecessary lawsuit then i'd say it's worth it
you guys dont have dash cams? this whole job is a liability, and if youre worried about incurring it, you might as well lock your PD's lobby doors. you have to protect yourself, and everyone else, its really not that big of a deal to be professional and operate within your departments policies regarding the pat down. If i was a female cop, id get sick and tired of going from stop to stop everytime a male cop wanted me to pat down their female arrest. just do it yourself
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
I rather be called over to a stop or whatever to pat down or search a fake then them not do it at all. Hell it's given me a little over time pay a few times now
Old 09-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seems like people I always see people on the news trying to pull this kinda stuff over some b.s. Little stuff and hating on cops. You guys gotta watch your back from every direction
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
....you avoid getting your dept an unnecessary lawsuit .....
Old 10-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Bamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: CERT Team
Name: Barry
Bamo's Tacoma Gallery
No I do not ever pat down a female. I don't care what kind of cameras there are it is not worth it to me. Yes I do know there is a double standard and I know what a pain in the ass it is for female officers but unless I thought there was a weapon that could hurt someone before I could get a female to search (which has never happened to me) I wouldn't even think about it. I got wrapped up in some crap just because a female got upset and I never even talked to her. Just my two cents.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #19
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Policy states ask for a female officer to come and do the pat down. If there isn't one available then do it with the back of your hands. I'll wait for the extra 3 minutes for a female officer to come.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
My backup is usually 5-15 minutes away (sometimes longer). I've called for other cars before and had none show up. Finding another officer is tough then to find a female officer on top of that?... I will try everything possible to avoid it because it's not worth the lawsuits and hassle. It only takes one female to say you "touched" them inappropriately and your suspended or under investigation. It's your word against hers. I know that's how it would go for my department anyway, guilty until proven innocent.