Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Tactical vest recommendations

Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Tactical vest recommendations

Hey all, also posting this in the military area since the topic somewhat overlaps:

I do search & rescue, and I'm interested in seeing if you guys have recommendations for tactical vests. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any goofy aspirations of playing John Wayne or pretending I'm doing some commando BS. I just think a good vest would help keep my stuff together and reduce the "where did I put that/dammit let me get back to the truck/gotta dig through this bag/oops fell out of my pants".

I'm looking to hold the following items:
-hydration pack
-maps and mission detail paperwork
-snacks
-VHF radio
-flashlight
-compass
-pen
-notepad
-cell phone
-emergency worker card (basically like a driver license
-wallet
-car keys

So far I've checked out the Tactical Tailor MAT-V, and I've seen the Condor Modular Chest Set in person. The Condor would be great except the front pouches are for M16 style mags and not really wide enough for maps... unless there's molle map pouch I could add on.

Thoughts and suggestions, please!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Blackhawk hydration pack that is great for storage plus the addition of MOLLE gear. I haven't used their vests, but if the quality is the same they should be great!

http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Vests,14.htm

As for my external vest carrier, I had one custom made by these guys:

The Vest Man
Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
Tac-Tailor is near you at Fort Lewis, I'd drive over there and build your own. Condor is kinda cheap, if your using this gear for search and rescue I'd buy the better quality gear. Tac-tailor costs more but it's good, quality gear and made in the USA.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a molle pouch for damn near everything

I second tac tailor over condor
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
I think there is a molle pouch for damn near everything
http://www.code3tactical.com/condor-...Fazm7AodV20Asg
Old 10-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Right on guys. I need to go to Tactical Tailor anyway to get a hat
Old 10-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
PM Sent