Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Curious of what your guys take on this is?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post
I wasn't there so usually I don't comment unless I was there because you never really know what happened. The news sometimes doesn't do their research so there hard to trust.
However if the facts were right in this news clip then I don't understand why you would need to bring an AR15 to a school for a drug program but I am not a cop so I am unsure of the rules. Also the military is trained different from the police but you usually don't have a round in the chamber for any weapon holstered are mounted in our vehicles or on person. Also they did not state whether a magazine was on the AR15 so that's one variable to their safety and if they were following their own police regulations is another variable to saying whether this could have been avoided.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
I don't understand why you would need to bring an AR15 to a school for a drug program but I am not a cop so I am unsure of the rules.
The AR has been a standard issue "trunk gun", even for many motor officers, in California ever since the Hollywood bank robbery where the perps used the full auto AKs.
Every time one of the LASO came to my school when I was a kid, the car was fully loaded and the deputy would go through everything in the trunk and show us what he carried and what it was used for.

But I agree... for a school PR visit, nothing should have been loaded and chambered except for his sidearm... but I don't know Chino policy.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Different departments will have different policies. Also different departments have different budgets for rifles. Ive seen some old military surplus m-16's (converted to single fire) deployed by police agencies. When i say old surplus im talking Vietnam era stuff. I bring that up because i was once shown by an instructor how easily the old style rifle can be accidentally discharged.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I, too, thought WTF when I saw this. Our policy for the sidearm is fully loaded, one in the chamber, no safeties except your finger. Long gun vehicle carry policy is fully loaded, empty chamber, safeties on.