Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Potential to be hired.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Potential to be hired.

I took the Civil Service exam this year for the MA State Police (and my local town PD). I did decent enough on it to be considered for an opening at my local PD. However in my couple of initial meetings I was informed that I am ranked #6 out of 5 open spots this spring. However they will carry the list and are expecting 3 more spots this coming fall. I have a Real formal interview this Monday. The 5 guys in front of me all vets, so I think the possibility of someone failing the PAT is slim. Damn...

So I have an AS in Criminal Justice, and im currently a student for a second degree. Its a BS in (Marine Saftey and Environmental Protection) the idea was to get a second degree and get into the Environmental law enforcement field. I have a year left in that degree and so many of my classes are similar to another program there with 4 extra classes I can get a degree in Emergency Management. Although if I get hired I suppose I just switch directly to the EM degree and try to finish my classes over the next however many years.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had my interview today. Then they did a background check where I logged into my social media accounts. My Facebook page was uneventful Just photos of trucks, sailboats, and beaches. I was Caught off guard with the whole Youtube however. While I haven't uploaded anything unprofessional, my recent history did look pretty bad... It looked exactly like the last 10 pages of the WTF and the Funny Video thread (which are all horrible videos).
Live and Learn
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
.<>./

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
So that's it???? No job??
I'm 6 in line 5 spots... I am doing all the prep work for the academy, but I only get it if someone else fails or quits...
Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
.<>./

They say they are having another hiring in the fall. I would be #1 on that list. However Those are based on people retiring and budget not exactly a guaranty.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully you will make the cut and if not just keep your name on the list and better luck next time. Your doing the right thing by continuing your education so keep on that. I wish I got a bachelors or something but oh well. I'm a full time structure firefighter and want to get me paramedic cert someday.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Hang in there dude it's not an easy job to get. Sounds like you'r doing real well though. Getting L.E. jobs take time and are tough but, well worth the process I guarantee that.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
.<>./

Awesome video and thanks. I'll be sure to update when it works out.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
The only place I post is on TW and I am not a member of any other site(s). Your youtube doesn't sound like anything that should be held against you as it's not you in the videos (is it?).

Have you requested ride alongs? I'm sure there are some on here that could give some hints on first time hires....

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
.<>./

Requesting ride alongs is a great idea. ill take all the advice I can get.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Change the settings on your Youtube account so that it doesn't save your recently viewed videos. Oh, and what Joe said, do ride alongs.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
It was three years almost to the day from the time I put in the application to the time I started the academy. That included the written test, oral interview, health screening, physical agility testing, psych evaluation, and background investigation. One hell of a wait, but definitely worth it.

Good luck, and I'm sure your waiting time won't be anywhere near as bad as mine.