Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

State police ran me of the road last night

Old 12-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
Deuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeuxdiesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Deuxdiesel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3umph View Post
You pulled up behind an officer that had a vehicle stopped. That itself is another unwise move.
Why? We have been cowed into thinking that the police are always right in their actions, and beyond reproach. Remember that they work for us, not the other way around. If there are officers who are not upholding the letter of the law, then they should be punished for their infractions. People will have more respect for law enforcement officers when law enforcement officers treat citizens who make mistakes like citizens and not criminals. The OP takes a risk in his actions, but he is within his civil rights to do so.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #22
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Should have just braked and pulled to the shoulder, if he hit you it would have been his fault.

unless he was one of those that would throw you in the back seat and try to put the blame on you.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
That was my impression, that he seemed to be in his mid 20's and fresh out of vehicle tactical operations class and still had it running through his blood. He could have handled it better for sure.
If you dont feel like a full internal complaint is necessary you could just talk to another officer/trooper who works the same area as him, word will get down to him through the grapevine
Old 12-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #24
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
when he comes flying at you doing 90 and is about to rear end your vehicle, which he could very easily write it to make it your fault and he would have had no other witnesses to save his ass it is better to end up in the ditch than it is to lose your license to a cop making dumb decisions.
Wow slow your role there bud.. I'm glad you know so much about cops at 16
Old 12-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #25
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Wow slow your role there bud.. I'm glad you know so much about cops at 16
x2, I wish I knew so much when I was 16.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
Name: Steve
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh boy. Thanks for your input kind sir.

You're welcome.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
Miley loves you
302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're welcome.
And nice peppers too BTW. Youch!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Next time just slow down and slightly move over to a safe location. Sounds like the officer pulled out of the same area without any issues. Also, sounds like you panic'd. Which is completely normal if you were not speeding. Just curious are you speed measurement certified to be able to tell how fast the cop was going and the vehicle that was so far in front of you or just adding the speeds for drama? No biggie just sayin next time just move over slightly and he will pass you when the coast is clear. There is no wrong or right here just points of view. Thanks for the post. I think alot of officers running code forget whats it's like to be in the other vehicles.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #29
Miley loves you
302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
Next time just slow down and slightly move over to a safe location. Sounds like the officer pulled out of the same area without any issues. Also, sounds like you panic'd. Which is completely normal if you were not speeding. Just curious are you speed measurement certified to be able to tell how fast the cop was going and the vehicle that was so far in front of you or just adding the speeds for drama? No biggie just sayin next time just move over slightly and he will pass you when the coast is clear. There is no wrong or right here just points of view. Thanks for the post. I think alot of officers running code forget whats it's like to be in the other vehicles.
I am not speed measurement certified but my internal calibration is up to date. We had just come off a 50mph zone and both me and the sentra were doing 59. I knew it dropped to 40 so I slowed to 49. The sentra that was 5 car lengths ahead of me was now 10 car lengths as we entered the 40mph zone. I saw him brake, but just didn't slow down enough I guess. He was not going more than a couple MpH that I was going.

I'm just saying that the quarter mile that all this took place, there was no need for the officer to be going nearly double my speed for such a petty stop. The roads were wet and it was a residential area. From where I got in mud to where they stopped was a hundred yards and they had a shoulder at that point.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #30
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuxdiesel View Post
Why? We have been cowed into thinking that the police are always right in their actions, and beyond reproach. Remember that they work for us, not the other way around. If there are officers who are not upholding the letter of the law, then they should be punished for their infractions. People will have more respect for law enforcement officers when law enforcement officers treat citizens who make mistakes like citizens and not criminals. The OP takes a risk in his actions, but he is within his civil rights to do so.

I never said LEO are always right. I never said not to make a complaint if the OP feels it is warranted. Yes, I did say I didn't think it was not a wise move to pull up behind an officer that had just passed you and stopped another vehicle. If anyone wants to then go ahead, I would just read the tag number as a slowly drove past.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #31
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
when he comes flying at you doing 90 and is about to rear end your vehicle, which he could very easily write it to make it your fault and he would have had no other witnesses to save his ass it is better to end up in the ditch than it is to lose your license to a cop making dumb decisions.
Can you tell me how you know this? Because you know you seem to know everything. How do you know this particular cop was gonna do this?
Old 12-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #32
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Just like any other profession most of the "workers" are great at what they do but sometimes you encounter the occasional goof ball that makes you wonder how did they ever get hired. Don't know if this has anything to do with your situation just my nickels worth of opinion.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #33
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am not speed measurement certified but my internal calibration is up to date. We had just come off a 50mph zone and both me and the sentra were doing 59. I knew it dropped to 40 so I slowed to 49. The sentra that was 5 car lengths ahead of me was now 10 car lengths as we entered the 40mph zone. I saw him brake, but just didn't slow down enough I guess. He was not going more than a couple MpH that I was going.

I'm just saying that the quarter mile that all this took place, there was no need for the officer to be going nearly double my speed for such a petty stop. The roads were wet and it was a residential area. From where I got in mud to where they stopped was a hundred yards and they had a shoulder at that point.
Hmm ok. Maybe I will use that next time I go to court..
Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, red and blues get 2 lanes, whether they need it or not. 2 lane road = me off the road completely.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #35

A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And nice peppers too BTW. Youch!

Thanks again. I pulled off around 10 bunches like that before the frost got the plants. All natural no insecticides or fertilizers.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #36
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
IMO, red and blues get 2 lanes, whether they need it or not. 2 lane road = me off the road completely.
Not a law in Delaware but I feel the same way and try to give them all the room possible.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #37
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks again. I pulled off around 10 bunches like that before the frost got the plants. All natural no insecticides or fertilizers.
I gave away all mine. Grew a bushel of different kinds but I can only chew them 3 seconds before spitting them out. I'd be in hospital if I swallowed one lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #38
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not a law in Delaware but I feel the same way and try to give them all the room possible.
I think a lot of people carry this mentality, maybe even police officers. I don't really think either one of you are at fault. Sounds like he expected you off the road, you thought you would get stuck. Him speeding to catch up is his job, I don't see any issue with the speed. No harm no foul I say, but I bet next time it happens you get all the way off the road
Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #39
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on not stopping behind a police car engaged in a traffic stop. Not a good practice.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #40
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
x2 on not stopping behind a police car engaged in a traffic stop. Not a good practice.
x3 - Makes people nervous when they don't know what you're up to. Particularly if you were both speeding - he let you go when you could have gotten a ticket.

If for some reason I had to do this - e.g. if there was a larger incident that he wasn't responding to because he was focused on the traffic stop - I'd put on my emergency flashers and make sure he could see my hands as I motioned for him to come over. I certainly wouldn't bother someone at a traffic stop without talking to them and explaining what I was doing.

But the only time I could see myself doing that is if there was some sort of Safety situation he was not aware of - such as a car being off the road that he passed or some guys sneaking up on him in the bushes. Otherwise, no reason to make someone nervous.

And I probably wouldn't call internal affairs first, I would call the business (non-911) line. And I might not even give my name - just describe the incident and say, "This is not a formal complaint, I'm just trying to bring something to your attention."

Heck, around here most 911 dispatchers hang up without getting my name. At least the highway patrol does when I call in a hazard.